Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Aug 2, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #7,066 of 7,990
Woah

I'm actually enjoying that precise signature with ie800 :darthsmile:

Have to agree with that aspect, especially when dealing with a portable although I wouldn't say they have a "wow" factor as such as their overall presentation is still IMHO rather flat (natuaral) sounding compared to most if not all iems that I've heard.
Which is one reason I'm debating if I should hold on to these new ones I have as their sound potential is not fully appreciated if I'm only using them while out and about ..... the music is competing with outside environmental and industrial noise.... : (

Currently listening to Jordi Savall-"Altre Follie 1500-1750" in my shop and and they do sound fabulous...maybe I should hold on to them for those special days or while traveling... : )

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2017 at 7:16 AM Post #7,071 of 7,990
Good to see Sennheiser including a 4.4mm cable! We really need a big brand besides Sony pushing the standard.

Aug 4, 2017 at 7:41 AM Post #7,072 of 7,990
Now matte black and a little easier to tell left from right....
ie800S a.jpg

Aug 4, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #7,074 of 7,990
Aug 4, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #7,075 of 7,990
My IE800's just arrived yesterday, if that is real it makes me want to send them right back. Amazon gives you 30 days to return stuff so hopefully some more information comes out by then.

Confirmation of its actual existence might be a good idea if one wants the latest and greatest....might give Sennheiser a call.

Aug 4, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #7,076 of 7,990
My IE800's just arrived yesterday, if that is real it makes me want to send them right back. Amazon gives you 30 days to return stuff so hopefully some more information comes out by then.

You should be fairly happy with ie800 as they are, I think that the new version is more of a cosmetic / build touch rather than a sound retuning. I still want to hear one to know for sure.

Confirmation of its actual existence might be a good idea if one wants the latest and greatest....might give Sennheiser a call.

They should be real, at least from what I've heard from Senn, but they never mentioned a release date and such, I wonder why. IE800S doesn't even seem to appear on their site as a ready to sell item, so I have a few questions about why that site would have them in stock before everybody else.

With Sennheiser products, the rule of thumb is to always purchase from authorised resellers.

Aug 4, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #7,077 of 7,990
...........I wonder why. IE800S doesn't even seem to appear on their site as a ready to sell item,.............

May just be a case of insider information jumping the gun ahead of schedule....it's happened before....many times...and then pulled.
Still haven't seen pricing nor availability on the Dior collection.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #7,078 of 7,990
May just be a case of insider information jumping the gun ahead of schedule....it's happened before....many times...and then pulled.
Still haven't seen pricing nor availability on the Dior collection.

I think that this is the ie800 Dior edition or something like that. It would make sense since Sennheiser hasn't annonced anything like a new ie800 besodes the Dior edition

Aug 4, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #7,079 of 7,990
This is lining up nicely for an IFA 2017 announcement. That German retailer says shipping time is 4-8 weeks. And says there's SQ improvements, not just cosmetic.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #7,080 of 7,990
This is lining up nicely for an IFA 2017 announcement. That German retailer says shipping time is 4-8 weeks. And says there's SQ improvements, not just cosmetic.

Woah there.

I. WANT. ONE. NOW :darthsmile:

For real though, this is quite exciting for me, I still like my ie800 quite a lot, they are one of the IEMs I really liked through the years and if they made the sound even better, I'm all ears

I can still remember when I bought my pair of ie800 from a friend in Bucharest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back