Sennheiser IE8 or Grado GR8???
Oct 8, 2010 at 10:54 AM Post #16 of 20

Quote:
Would anyone be able to sum up the differences between the Miles Davis' and the IE8's in terms of sound signature? At the moment it's between them two, they're around the same price (if the MD's are genuine) although the MD's have a higher RRP but that doesn't mean they're better by the look of it. Any comments would be appreciated. 

Here are the photos from the seller. I'm not sure how to spot fakes, I heard the gold part on the back of the earphone is plastic instead of metal on the fakes but I cant check that from a photo. Anaxilus, if you could compare them to yours that would be appreciated.

Mids are much more forward with the Miles Davis and better highs too. The soundstage is wider with the IE8. I liked the bass better with the MD, but both have great deep bass. The IE8, however, has more of a mid-bass hump. It's hard to tell if these are fake or not with the photo, but there is a case missing (should be three cases). One case should be a hard case that looks like a  replica of Miles' trumpet case.

Oct 8, 2010 at 4:16 PM Post #17 of 20
That looks used or fake.  Missing main case and the hybrid tips are in the wrong type of bag.  If you could get a picture of the nozzle filters and more pics of the side of the box and back.  At the very least they are used for sure.  I'll try to find a link on the Monster Copper fake guide.  If those tips are real then that is an older set of MDs, ask for a picture of the Y-connector to see if there is a serial number.

Here:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/515616/fake-monster-s-mile-davis-54-00

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/512386/fake-monster-turbine-pro-copper-comparing-real-vs-fake

Oct 9, 2010 at 8:56 AM Post #18 of 20
Thanks for the help. I've asked for a picture of the nozzle filters. However I'm a bit unsure about them, I think there's more chance of the IE8's being genuine and I think I'd be more than happy with them so I think it's going to be the IE8's. If anyone feels I am making a mistake don't hesitate to tell me but I otherwise I am going to order them, I have no headphones at all at the moment so I want some asap.

Oct 9, 2010 at 7:48 PM Post #20 of 20
Depends on what he's listening through.  The HM-801 is fine with them.  I don't have much experience with IEM's, but sometimes I prefer the GR-8 to the RS-1.  It's different - more balanced.

- Ed

Quote:
If you want such warm sound signature, the Grado won't satisfy you. Besides, you need to pick an amp as Gr8 is thirsty for power
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back