Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Jul 19, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #7,951 of 8,119
Quote:
Anybody here familiar with this cable? I've been using this one after tje stock cable broke.

That looks nice. Where'd you get it?

Jul 19, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #7,952 of 8,119
Anybody here familiar with this cable? I've been using this one after tje stock cable broke.

They call it proco cable. It really is sturdy and seems to withstand torture. Courtesy of our local DYIer here in the Philippines. Got it for $40.

Jul 19, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #7,953 of 8,119
They call it proco cable. It really is sturdy and seems to withstand torture. Courtesy of our local DYIer here in the Philippines. Got it for $40.

Which DIYer? Is it in Metro Manila? :)

Jul 19, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #7,954 of 8,119
Jul 19, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #7,956 of 8,119
Are those just heat shrink wrapped at the input ends where it connects to the IE80?

I think it'd be much sturdier if they used the actual plastic connectors. 

Nope dude. I first thought that it was some sort of electrical tape or the likes but the material borders between being plastic and rubber. Touching it will tell you it'll last. But only time will tell. I do take good care of my stuff so I guess it'll prolly last.

Jul 20, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #7,957 of 8,119
Yes, just in Manila. Heard about Sandmosse? Go check his modding services.

Well, not really. LOL. I'll go check it out. Thanks.

Jul 25, 2013 at 2:16 AM Post #7,958 of 8,119
Just a question. Is that cable still replacable? Just to clear things up. :)

Jul 25, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #7,959 of 8,119
Just a question. Is that cable still replacable? Just to clear things up. :)

Sent from my Blaze S180 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yes dude. The connector came from the stock cable.

Aug 1, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #7,960 of 8,119
Hey guys just to say thank you for the tape mod, it's so amazing i'm literally baffled.

I own my pair of IE8 since 4 years ago so I can say with confidence it's no placebo, this is real.

Also I tried different setting with the bass knob and I found it still had great effect on the sound, perhaps greater than prior the mod.

At minimum it have rougly the same amount of bass than my HD595 (read : close to non existent, yet balanced), at midle it is on par with my PSB M4U1, at maximum my head became a subwoofer and I couldn't stand it more than 2 minutes without having headaches
basshead.gif

I based my comparison on those two songs.

Aug 15, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #7,961 of 8,119
Hello everyone

I am quite new to this world of hi fidelity audio, but a serious enthusiast for quite some time...
I made my first foray into the world of hifi with a recent purchase of UE Triplefi 10, and I am glad that I bought them.
I have also ordered an iBasso D-Zero, an upgrade cable for the TF10, and a few other audio paraphernalia.
As you can see I am gearing up for a transition from a hifi enthusiast to an audiophile (at least I like to think that way...)

Now, I am not satisfied simply with a single pair of IEMs. In fact, I am looking forward to purchasing a good quality headphones or another pair of IEMs, in order to have some variety for my music appetite.

I have narrowed down to Grado SR225i and Sennheiser IE8. I know they are completely two different species: one being an on-ear headphone and the other being an IEM. Also, I am completely oblivious to their sound signatures, soundstage, bass response, etc. : I mean I haven't tried them on.

Now, I need your help in deciding which one to pick...

I have no personal preference regarding type of fit, as long as they are comfortable, in general. Please note that I am quite comfortable with my TF10s (I know I am one of those lucky few, but they fit me just perfect!!)

But, I ought to mention my musical taste: clarity, wide soundstage, punchy n tight bass, in this very order of preference.

What I am actually looking for is to widen my senses to different kinds of sound signatures and enjoy music on a new and higher level...

I am open to all and any kind of suggestions...
Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Aug 15, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #7,962 of 8,119
You don't mention what kind of music you like. My advice? Don't get sucked into this audiophile thing. Enjoy your music. I'm sure the TF10s are great for you.
As to the IE 8's they have a very specific sound signature. Quite dark and bassy. I am happy with them overall but they are not neutral. IMHO.

Aug 16, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #7,964 of 8,119
Thanks for your advice.

As for music genres, I like listening to Dubstep, Punjabi, EDM, reggae, house, lounge, hip hop/rap - in this particular order.

Actually I was done purchasing audio equipment for the next 6 months or so after the recent purchases, and enjoying my TF10s (rather loving them :)), but then I spotted a pair of used IE8s and Grado SR225i in a for sale thread in a forum for a very lucrative price, and hence my interest... :D

In fact, I think I have been unable to correctly articulate my queries. So I'll try again :
I am looking to experience something different from TF10, in terms of sound signature. I don't mind if they are totally different from the TF10, as long as they do not suffer in clarity and separation...
I am kind of leaning towards IE8s, given they contain dynamic drivers, so could be a whole new experience compared to the TF10s...
But, I have also read amazing reviews about Grado SR225i...
I am hoping that someone who has listened to both of them, could tell the better one out of them in terms of clarity, wide soundstage, instrument separation, tight and punchy bass (not necessarily in more quantity)

As for the Fischer Amps FA 4E XB : Sir I am considering another pair of IEMs or headphones only because they are up for sale at a good price. But, thanks for the suggestion though..

Aug 16, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #7,965 of 8,119
Actually the IE8's would be good for those genres IMO. I haven't heard the TF10's or the Grados so the usefulness of my suggestions is limited.
I will say that straight the mid bass veil of the 8's is a PITA. I have custom tips for mine and the Headstage Arrow is equally useful in improving on stock.
I personally don't buy into cables. Differences are minimal at best IMHO. YMMV.
I have often thought that it would be nice to have a set of full size cans as an alternative to IEM's.
Not helpinguch am I?! Hopefully someone who has heard the Grados and TF10's will come along. Or you could buy both and sell one on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back