Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Sep 1, 2011 at 6:07 AM Post #7,291 of 8,119
Sorry to possibly bust your bubble Chimp but the EX1000s have a fault of their own. The peak or spike in the lower treble region is clearly audible to me and actually ruins what I would have considered otherwise some of the the very best IEMs I've heard to date. Can't really say that though if my ears are in agony due to this flaw. Now when I EQ the treble down they become tolerable but still approaching too treble happy in my opinion. But the bass is to die for. It's super tight and controlled with deep texture. At this time I'm still preferring my IE8s to them (if I didn't recable and use EQ the Sonys would take the victory).

Sep 1, 2011 at 7:52 AM Post #7,292 of 8,119
posting a comment in here see if somone can help me out

just got the senn ie8s and burned them in for about 26 hours but im still getting a lot a sibilance, will highs calm down after more time?
im getting less sibilance with BAs which i find wierd
confused.gif

im aiming for the 100-150 hour mark, thats when ill stop burning in.

Sep 1, 2011 at 8:56 AM Post #7,294 of 8,119

Quote:
just got the senn ie8s and burned them in for about 26 hours but im still getting a lot a sibilance, will highs calm down after more time?
confused.gif

I find sibilance audible, too, compared to BAs like ES SM3 and 530s. This won't go away after burn in.
Speaking of which ... You'll have to burn them in MUCH longer than 100-150hrs for best sound IME.
Just thought I'd warn you .... If you don't like this news ... eBay 'em.

Sep 1, 2011 at 9:10 AM Post #7,295 of 8,119

Quote:
hey samsara,
did you make sure you for an authentic ie8 not fakes?
keep burning for a while perhaps it will change..

yeah, i dont have fakes :)

Quote:
I find sibilance audible, too, compared to BAs like ES SM3 and 530s. This won't go away after burn in.
Speaking of which ... You'll have to burn them in MUCH longer than 100-150hrs for best sound IME.
Just thought I'd warn you .... If you don't like this news ... eBay 'em.

Maybe its just my crappy ears, iv heard sibilance on every pair of earphones/ headphones i own and also on my speakers.

i dont think i know what its like to not have a lot of sibilance lol, what changes after say 300hours compared to 30?

Sep 1, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #7,296 of 8,119
Yea, I don't know why anyone would even consider listening to the ie8's with the bass dial covered.  You might as well get a pair of re-0's if you're gonna listen to it like that. 

Sep 2, 2011 at 11:02 AM Post #7,301 of 8,119

confused.gif

It may be that our hearing differs. No sibilance with my pair.

Sep 2, 2011 at 11:29 AM Post #7,302 of 8,119

Quote:

confused.gif

where did you buy yours? sibilance is not a marked characteristic of the IE8's; perhaps you were sold some fakes?

Sep 2, 2011 at 12:58 PM Post #7,304 of 8,119

Quote:
where did you buy yours? sibilance is not a marked characteristic of the IE8's; perhaps you were sold some fakes?

advanced mp3, contacted sennheiser and confirmed not fakes

also looked at the real vs fake comparison thread and my pair have nothing about them that shows they are fakes

like others have said our ears are different and i must be very very sensitive to sibilance as iv heard it on every pair i own, some a bit worse than others.

there seems to be no way to elminate it unfortunatly.
frown.gif

could it be my ipod classic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back