Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Oct 7, 2010 at 4:44 PM Post #6,631 of 8,119
Can anyone tell me where i can get a replacement cable for these? I've tried hifiheadphones and i keep getting an error during checkout.

Mines has a short at the connector and the left ear keeps going out because of it.

Oct 7, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #6,633 of 8,119

Quote:
wheres the cheapest place to get these now?

Either from the for sale section here or order them from overseas somewhere (preferably the Europe.)

Oct 10, 2010 at 3:21 PM Post #6,637 of 8,119

Quote:
hes got them for $399 not $250

Yes indeed. But I guess they can't list the price that low as an authorized dealer. But a few pages back, there's a coupon code to reduce the price to $270-280. I also know that some other authorized dealers will sell them for $270-$280 if you call their customer service. Good luck

Oct 10, 2010 at 3:32 PM Post #6,638 of 8,119
Going jump right into the middle of the conversation, and say hi.  Just got my IE8's on Friday and I'm in the middle of burning them in.  So far, I have maybe ten hours on them.

And FWIW, I picked them up refurbished from an authorized Amazon dealer for $186.00 USD, priority mail delivery.  They're the real deal in that they have the correct font lettering and the little red wire thingy where the left earphone cable attaches to the ear bud.

As to a new cable question, in my case, I'll just steal them from either of the pair of knockoffs I purchased after hopefully hitting the send button after one too many evening cocktails a while back.  But hey, I now have extra rubber inserts, clean-out tools, carrying cases and a pair of headphone cables for backup and all this only cost me a hundred bucks, including DHL shipping from Singapore.

tongue.gif

Oct 10, 2010 at 3:38 PM Post #6,639 of 8,119
"only cost me a hundred bucks"????? But your IE8s which cost $186 come with cables, clean-out tools and carrying cases already. 
blink.gif

Quote:
Going jump right into the middle of the conversation, and say hi.  Just got my IE8's on Friday and I'm in the middle of burning them in.  So far, I have maybe ten hours on them.

And FWIW, I picked them up refurbished from an authorized Amazon dealer for $186.00 USD, priority mail delivery.  They're the real deal in that they have the correct font lettering and the little red wire thingy where the left earphone cable attaches to the ear bud.

As to a new cable question, in my case, I'll just steal them from either of the pair of knockoffs I purchased after hopefully hitting the send button after one too many evening cocktails a while back.  But hey, I now have extra rubber inserts, clean-out tools, carrying cases and a pair of headphone cables for backup and all this only cost me a hundred bucks, including DHL shipping from Singapore.

tongue.gif

Oct 10, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #6,640 of 8,119
But your IE8s which cost $186 come with cables, clean-out tools and carrying cases already. 
blink.gif

I know.  So did the pair of knockoffs that I bought first.

biggrin.gif

"A fool and their money....."

redface.gif

Oct 10, 2010 at 5:07 PM Post #6,641 of 8,119

"A fool and their money....."

redface.gif

Wish I would know what the hype is all about these plugs. I bought a pair used from a member here, but they fail to impress me. They sound good, but not stellar. If you pay anything more than a $150 for these, you are overpaying. That's my opinion anyway

Oct 10, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #6,642 of 8,119
Wish I would know what the hype is all about these plugs. I bought a pair used from a member here, but they fail to impress me. They sound good, but not stellar. If you pay anything more than a $150 for these, you are overpaying. That's my opinion anyway

(Considering the number of knockoffs, you know for a fact they weren't knockoffs?)

Out of curiosity, after your disappointing experience, based upon your experience, what would you say is an equivalent earphone set one should buy in place of a set of IE8's.

In the case of the IE8's, to me, they fit the cliche: "You get what you pay for."

What say you?

???

Oct 10, 2010 at 6:24 PM Post #6,643 of 8,119
The sound keeps shifting on these things every 20 hours. T.T
It's hard to tell if they're worth the money or not...But I admit I was hoping for a 
bit more than what I'm getting right now.

Shure mids have spoiled me. 

Has anyone burned these in past 400 hours? does the sound continue to shift after that?
or does it stop shifting sometime before the 400 hours? Mine is on 300 now.

Oct 11, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #6,645 of 8,119

Quote:
I've read up to five hundred hours but I don't have that kind of patients.

Honestly, I find it hard to believe that it takes 500 hours to burn in a pair of tinsy iem drivers.

Anyways I paid $220AUD for them used with 6 months warranty left and couldn't be happier. Not at one point did I feel any doubts about my purchase, which is a rare thing for me in the world of headphones and the only other headphone to do that to me was the RE0.

But I reckon it's a good deal because in Australia IE8's cost $548 brand new!!!

http://headphones.com.au/psingle?productID=410

Users who are viewing this thread

Back