Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Jul 5, 2010 at 5:30 AM Post #6,361 of 8,119
Hi all,

Just a got a pair of IE8 three days ago from Amazon.  I have been playing it on my Ipod nano and computer. I can't help to notice the static/hiss background noise when playing the music. Will it eventually go away after burn in hours? or did I get a defected product?     Thanks you for your feedback.

Jul 5, 2010 at 5:34 AM Post #6,362 of 8,119
^ it's most likely the problem with the source. Either the songs or the players is at fault here. In ear earphones are pretty sensitive, and unless you have a clean audio out from your computer, hissing is inevitable. 

Jul 5, 2010 at 8:05 AM Post #6,363 of 8,119
Jul 6, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #6,364 of 8,119
Hey all,

Anyone got any info on the possibility of Senn releasing an alternative replacement cable for the ie8's with a microphone? That would be very awesome. I bet they would have 15-20% more sales on these bad boys on that option alone.

Also, how are they about repairs? Do they take long??

Jul 7, 2010 at 10:03 AM Post #6,366 of 8,119
I own a Sony X and i just got myself IE8s and i cant tell much difference from the prem sony that come  with the X and the 8s..this is very confusing.. will burn time do that much difference? also im sure my pair is legit done all checks plus theyre like bolinaos and his was confirmed legit.. when i had ie8s year ago it was with a ipodtouch and i could tell a big diffence hence apple earphones lol..also when i move the plug while in the player it crackles abit... thinkin maybe i need to go down the headphones route instead?

Jul 7, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #6,367 of 8,119
Yoyo59,

You have to give them some time. That's a pretty normal reaction from you. Of course, IE8 are miles ahead of those Sony stock phones (which are not bad, I concur).
Only listen to your IE8 for a good moment, and then try to go back to the Sony. You will notice the difference immediately.

Jul 7, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #6,368 of 8,119

Quote:
I own a Sony X and i just got myself IE8s and i cant tell much difference from the prem sony that come  with the X and the 8s..this is very confusing.. will burn time do that much difference? also im sure my pair is legit done all checks plus theyre like bolinaos and his was confirmed legit.. when i had ie8s year ago it was with a ipodtouch and i could tell a big diffence hence apple earphones lol..also when i move the plug while in the player it crackles abit... thinkin maybe i need to go down the headphones route instead?

Sennheiser IE8+Sony X may have synergy problem(or these are fake pair)and i noticed X series walkmen are very picky for different IEMs cuase synergy like my V-Moda Vibe sound good with X but Dr.Dre tour sound muddy and bassy.

Jul 7, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #6,369 of 8,119

Quote:

That is normal with plug that is not gold plated. From experience, silver plated plug will crackle slightly, as compared to gold plated plug. And IE8 has silver plated plug I believe. Seems like Sennheiser is not fond of using gold 
biggrin.gif

Jul 8, 2010 at 6:10 PM Post #6,370 of 8,119
ATTENTION ALL IE8 OWNERS!

Do yourself a favor and buy some Comply Tx-400 Foam Tips for your IE8s.
http://www.complyfoam.com/Product/Tx{48}400-/Model/IE{48}8

Mine came today, and I am so happy. They dramatically improve the sub-par isolation of the IE8s and the bass has been opened up, it now hits much bigger and with more impact. I can now instantly tell the difference when turning the Bass Response screw. And they're so comfortable! I can listen at volume 1 on my Cowon S9 and it's all there. The wax guard is awesome, I'll never use the other end of the Sennheiser tool again! Plus it adds durability by keeping the form intact.

Completely worth the $20. Get yours today, and get a completely new experience from your IE8s, especially in high-noise environments.

Jul 9, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #6,374 of 8,119
I'm not going to disagree with you on the price point, but the IE8s arent the best quality/price option out there either. Comply tips really worked for me, and I have no doubt that others will agree after trying them outdoors with their IE8, especially vs the uncomfortable sennheiser foam tips

Jul 9, 2010 at 1:55 AM Post #6,375 of 8,119
Comply tips are good for some people. I never used them cos' they were just too hard to fit and people said it degraded SQ a little. I've gone the custom tip route and I think the bass does get just a wee bit muddy, but I love the isolation :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back