Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Feb 26, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #6,031 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, I'm pretty sure those are fakes. Official Sony hybrids have a more tapered shape with a small area of flatness at the opening. That said, people have been knowingly ordering the knock-offs here for a while and reporting success with them, so they're not necessarily inferior products. I actually think I might order some myself to see what I think of them...

If you're set on getting the genuine article, there are some sellers on the non-UK version of ebay which do ship them to the UK...such as this one.

Hmmm. What attracted me to the ones I linked to are how you get 3 pairs of whichever size you decide instead a pair of each (pointless considering one size is all you need). I know medium is the best size for my ears. Maybe I'll wait a bit before buying from this seller if they actually are fakes...

Feb 26, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #6,032 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kona /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Today I have sat down with the IE8's and my Cowon D2+ for a few hours and perfected the fit and EQ. I must say I wasn't impressed with them at first (see my earlier post) but I jumped the gun a little - I'm very impressed by them now I have tinkered a bit. I settled on the Large foamies (well, not foamies... solid-foamies? Soamies?) and the seal is perfect now - shame I wasted £12 on the Comply's! Never mind, they fit the girlfriends headphones - she can have 'em.

Hi, did you ever try the Comply foams back to front so the tappered end you insert into the ear fits on to the earpiece first when putting it on so the flatter end now inserts into the ear instead.

For me it was a revelation in SQ improvement doing this with Comply's.

Feb 27, 2010 at 1:40 PM Post #6,034 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by noobiee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, just an inquiry, may i know is the L and R wire same length?

because my ie8, the right wire is about 2mm longer...

For my pair, the L is about 1mm longer than the R. Perhaps it is something to do with the manufacturing or the Y-split/connector pins (one side of the cable being 'pulled in' more than the other?).

Feb 27, 2010 at 4:42 PM Post #6,037 of 8,119
I let my brother try my ie8 today and I got it back full of ear wax. I tried cleaning it as much as I could with some kitchen paper but I'm worried that some wax got inside the grill... I mean it was a lot of wax. I'm pretty annoyed about it but what's done is done. Didn't someone post a solution to dissolving the wax inside the grill? Unless it's a placebo effect, I don't think my ie8 sound as good as before he got hold of them...
frown.gif

Feb 27, 2010 at 4:46 PM Post #6,038 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by noobiee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, just an inquiry, may i know is the L and R wire same length?

because my ie8, the right wire is about 2mm longer...

Mine are the same length.

Feb 27, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #6,040 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by KLS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ I would like to know how to clean those wax got into the grill too, if there is a solution to this. Though mine are still in wax-free condition.

I just did a search and found the post I was thinking of http://www.head-fi.org/forums/6167414-post5148.html

Not sure if I can get hold of any Hydrogen Peroxide tbh. :/

edit: pretty sure sound has degraded as well... highs don't sparkle as well as before and the overall sound seems thinner. Guess I'll have to try my luck with the above solution. This is the last time I let anyone else try my IEM's.

edit2: should also mention I could quite clearly see wax around the grill. If I held it under light I could see the wax reflecting but I can't really get that out unless I had something like a needle which I don't... also notice small patches of discoloration on the grill from the wax. I'm pretty pissed right now. Anyway, would anyone care to tell me how deep I can dip these into liquid without it affecting the electrical parts inside? From the groove in the middle of the nozzle/stem would be fine I assume?

Feb 27, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #6,044 of 8,119
So.. I've come to the conclusion that I like the IE7s more than the IE8s. I gave my IE7s to my girlfriend and kept my IE8s... and after 2 months of just having the IE8s, I was so fed up with the fatigue from listening to the IE8s for long periods of time, and I found that the bass was way too overpowering even on the lowest setting. Just today, I took back the IE7s because she didn't use it much, and I love them so much more because of its neutral sound. The IE8's sound signature was way too colored for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back