Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Feb 10, 2010 at 7:14 AM Post #5,956 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by PANGES /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it can be had for a bit less than that if you look around a bit.

well im kinda lookin for non fakes...im afraid im gonna pick them up from a non authorized dealer and end up with a fake pair

Feb 10, 2010 at 8:53 AM Post #5,957 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by StereoIntegrity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well im kinda lookin for non fakes...im afraid im gonna pick them up from a non authorized dealer and end up with a fake pair

Yeah, I understand what you mean. I've been looking around for IE8's alot in the past couple days, because I'm about to pull the trigger on a set. It seems like you can find real ones for around $300.

Feb 10, 2010 at 9:39 AM Post #5,958 of 8,119
Don't pay $400 for the ie8...too much,either pick a used pair from the for sale forum for $250 or wait till there is a price drop from an authorized dealer,$400 is too much for an iem.

Feb 10, 2010 at 9:49 AM Post #5,959 of 8,119
Quote:

Yeah, I understand what you mean. I've been looking around for IE8's alot in the past couple days, because I'm about to pull the trigger on a set. It seems like you can find real ones for around $300.

You've got a PM.

Feb 10, 2010 at 5:56 PM Post #5,960 of 8,119
Just tried them... Pretty damn impressive out of the box w/ no burn-in, although not miles ahead of the ie6's (better soundstage anyway). I'll update after burn-in.

Feb 10, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #5,961 of 8,119
Hi guys/lads. I have lurked around on this forum for quite a while now, and i figured it was time to register and post something
smily_headphones1.gif

I love listening to music, and i like all kinds of genres (except for heavy metal etc). The only headphone I've used over the past 5 years or so, is the Koss PortaPro..

When my 6th pair of these broke a few days ago, I was so tired of replacing these guys, and i figured i wanted something better (both quality wise, portability, and SQ-wise)

So.. I've been reading reviews of different IEM's, and figured I wanted to jump straight from the PortaPros to the Sennheiser IE8 and ordered these, and I cant wait to hear what they have to offer me!

I live in Norway, and got them for about 400$ (converted from NOK) from apple.

They will arrive in about 3 weeks, so I'm going to have to wait a while!

edit: changed the price i paid from 600$ to 400$
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 10, 2010 at 7:04 PM Post #5,962 of 8,119
Welcome to HF. Hope the IE8's live up to your expectations. Remember to not be too harsh on them until they've had a chance to burn in for the first 24 hours or so. They change pretty dramatically in that time span. They'll probably sound a bit dark and murky to you right out of the box.

Good luck.

Feb 10, 2010 at 8:56 PM Post #5,965 of 8,119
Just wanted to chime in on the IE8 appreciation thread. I received my pair of IE8 this morning. I live in The Netherlands, where the price of the IE8 is about as good as it gets: I paid 204 euro including shipping.

First impression: These are nothing short of amazing; right now I am listening to the Nils Lofgren - Acoustic Live album. Pretty darn impressive right out of the box. Am I to believe the sound will actually get better? Wow. Ooh wait a minute, the solo in "Keith Don't Go" is on.... Oh yeah...
atsmile.gif

Feb 10, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #5,966 of 8,119
Quote:

I got mine for 160 euros, new and genuine

Feb 10, 2010 at 9:31 PM Post #5,967 of 8,119
Hi everyone. As can be seen I am a newbie here. Have been reading the forum for some time and only yesterday decided to stop lurking and register.
I have been using IE8 quite intensely for about 2 weeks now. I switched from TF10 and to be honest even after about 150hrs of burn-in the IE8 still sound a bit muddy compared to the TF10. Don't get me wrong I find them excellent but I do miss the clarity and the highs of TF10's. Otherwise - great IEM-s and I hope they will get better with time.

Feb 11, 2010 at 3:39 AM Post #5,968 of 8,119
i think im the one who paid highest for ie8... got them 24500PHP... Thats 520USD more or less... Got them from iCenter.. Good thing is i dont have to wait for shipment + its purely genuine
smily_headphones1.gif

its been runnin about 50+ hours non-stop... thats a lot of burn-in i think
wink.gif

Feb 11, 2010 at 11:33 AM Post #5,969 of 8,119
Angstormer- they after 150 hours of burn-in only start to clear! After 300hours it will be different.
Knights- 50 hours of burn-in is nothing, at least 300.

I had fully burn in IE8 about (450-550 hours) and i got new one, i have it burn-in for 180hours and it is still far from burn in. So i´m still burning them, i will stop at probably 350hours of burn in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back