Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Feb 1, 2010 at 11:32 AM Post #5,761 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by dweaver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
woohoo, checked my PayPal account and my money was refunded by the seller of the fake IE8's tonight, I also have a buyer lined up for my TF10's, so... I asked my wife if she would be OK helping me out a bit on a pair of IE8's and the DEAL IS DONE! Just ordered a pair from NCIX. Being in Vancouver I expect I should have them by the end of the week!

Finally I will know if these are THE ONE! I sure hope so... I want to stop obsessing on headphones and just enjoy the music. I am very happy with my HD600 so I think I will be done
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice wife.
smile_phones.gif
I can't even mention audio to mine without her rolling her eyes! Hope you enjoy the IE8's. Don't be suprised if you don't like the sound straight out of the box.

Feb 1, 2010 at 12:36 PM Post #5,762 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by dweaver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
woohoo, checked my PayPal account and my money was refunded by the seller of the fake IE8's tonight, I also have a buyer lined up for my TF10's, so... I asked my wife if she would be OK helping me out a bit on a pair of IE8's and the DEAL IS DONE! Just ordered a pair from NCIX. Being in Vancouver I expect I should have them by the end of the week!

Finally I will know if these are THE ONE! I sure hope so... I want to stop obsessing on headphones and just enjoy the music. I am very happy with my HD600 so I think I will be done
smily_headphones1.gif

I sure hope they meet your expectations given what you've been through.

Feb 1, 2010 at 5:17 PM Post #5,765 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShootingStars /img/forum/go_quote.gif
man when wil nullaudio come out with those cables

Tell me about it... I really look forward to seeing what they do for the sound of the IE8's, and I'll be one of the first to get a set.

Feb 1, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #5,770 of 8,119
Gawd knows. They have been "sold out" for ages. I emailed them and got no reply. In fact I just had a look at their site and the only replacement cable for the IE8 is the Crystallino. $868!! too strong for me.
frown.gif
I am sure the last time I looked they were showing a Lune product. Again sold out, for about $120, which I would be up for.

Feb 1, 2010 at 7:28 PM Post #5,771 of 8,119
I'm finding the IE8 does not do great with jazz... The individual instruments sound fine, but it's too big, too airy--the instruments seem so far apart from one another.The intimate quartet is spread too far apart! Does that match anyone else's experience?
Loving everything else so far!

Edit: never mind, may have been the record. Listening to other stuff I'm quite happy with...

Feb 1, 2010 at 7:47 PM Post #5,772 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by krismusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gawd knows. They have been "sold out" for ages. I emailed them and got no reply. In fact I just had a look at their site and the only replacement cable for the IE8 is the Crystallino. $868!! too strong for me.
frown.gif
I am sure the last time I looked they were showing a Lune product. Again sold out, for about $120, which I would be up for.

I agree Kris...I never could get the concept of buying a cable priced higher than the actual earphones!! Let alone hundreds higher...call me out of touch or whatever...just don't get it. I am more than fine with the Ie8 cable..just wish the tips/fit were better!! But I can live with it. Tried my friends se310 shures recently...fit/seal was amazing...sound was nowhere near the Ie8 imho. Can't have it all I guess.

Feb 1, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #5,773 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Del Griffith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree Kris...I never could get the concept of buying a cable priced higher than the actual earphones!! Let alone hundreds higher...call me out of touch or whatever...just don't get it. I am more than fine with the Ie8 cable..just wish the tips/fit were better!! But I can live with it. Tried my friends se310 shures recently...fit/seal was amazing...sound was nowhere near the Ie8 imho. Can't have it all I guess.

I've just spent the afternoon listening to my IE8's with custom sleeves. The sleeves are not perfect and are being remade but even the present tips improve the 8's hugely IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back