Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Jan 13, 2010 at 3:54 AM Post #5,596 of 8,119
Jan 13, 2010 at 5:18 AM Post #5,598 of 8,119
Jan 13, 2010 at 10:32 AM Post #5,599 of 8,119
Jan 13, 2010 at 3:46 PM Post #5,600 of 8,119
I honestly don't see the point of amping them. Kind of defeats the point of having IEM's in the first place imo.

A simple tweak of the EQ would suffice - the treble booster works wonders on the 3GS. no point spending an extra £100 and hauling around more equipment for the sake of a minor change in sound.

Better off spending the money are a good DAP.

Jan 13, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #5,601 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by skidu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I honestly don't see the point of amping them. Kind of defeats the point of having IEM's in the first place imo.

A simple tweak of the EQ would suffice - the treble booster works wonders on the 3GS. no point spending an extra £100 and hauling around more equipment for the sake of a minor change in sound.

The point of amping, for me, was to use the Line Out rather than Headphone Out of my iPod. Unless the latest iPod has a much better HO?

Jan 13, 2010 at 5:03 PM Post #5,602 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by skidu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i agree that the treble booster on my touch makes wonders for my ie8 and the veil is completely diminshed BUT on alot of songs the sound distorts and you begin to here shhhhhhhh sound on high notes because of the treble boosting.i didnt find the amp to be useful with my ie8 at all,infact it made the sound worst.

Jan 13, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #5,603 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by krismusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The point of amping, for me, was to use the Line Out rather than Headphone Out of my iPod. Unless the latest iPod has a much better HO?

Well to my ears, the 3GS sounds better then my Classic but it's not vast enough to make me want to spend more on a LOD + Amp.

Although I am interested if there is a noticeable improvement between the HP out and Dock? Will probably pick up a fiio E1 whenever the black verison is available, purely for the in-line remote. (i don't believe it's going to sound any better with the dinky little in-built amp)

Quote:

Originally Posted by midoo1990 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i agree that the treble booster on my touch makes wonders for my ie8 and the veil is completely diminshed BUT on alot of songs the sound distorts and you begin to here shhhhhhhh sound on high notes because of the treble boosting.i didnt find the amp to be useful with my ie8 at all,infact it made the sound worst.

I know what you mean, i find it works great on really clean, high quality recordings especially rock music, also it means i can lower the volume level, but still retain detail. But as stated, occasionally some songs, most bad recordings/low bitrates suffer from sibilance and harshness.

Could always just EQ tag the tracks that work for you and leave it off for everything else.

Jan 14, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #5,605 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm which size for the comply's would u guys recommend if I use large silicone tips from UE?

Don't use complys!!!!

They're impossible to get off once you put them on, i actually ended up breaking off the nozzle on my right earbud due to this.

Also you loose a lot of treble detail and it makes the sound quite muddy overall.

Sony hybrids are a much better option imo.

Jan 15, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #5,607 of 8,119
All this talk of tips. I must be very lucky. The first tips I tried were the large slicones supplied. Fitted a treat. Just received my custom tips. ATM not as comfortable as the silicones. SQ, I reserve judgement for a few days.

Jan 15, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #5,608 of 8,119
Actually how patiently I tried all the tips supplied for a few days, I couldn't find good sq but some tips offered a good seal. At last, I tried the tips supplied with sony s630 series(the tips come with sone mdr-ex082 earphone) and the sq reached to another level
smily_headphones1.gif
Therefore I wonder if the hybrids have even better sq and comfort.

Jan 15, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #5,609 of 8,119
I know everyone's ears are different, but for me, the Sony hybrids offered no more sq or comfort or secure of fit than the Ue single flange. The Ue is such a cheaper option. 5pr for $9 ish. The only hybrid tips I found in that price range were the various sizes package. MHO is all.

Jan 15, 2010 at 7:23 PM Post #5,610 of 8,119
Totally agree. The UE single flanges do something special to the treble in comparison to any other silicone tip, for my ears anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back