Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Jan 9, 2010 at 2:21 AM Post #5,566 of 8,119
Just grip the transparent part at the end of the cable and pull with a solid force while holding the in ear part and cable firmly. It's not hard to do.

I am not responsible if you somehow damage your IE8s with this simple procedure.

Jan 9, 2010 at 7:06 AM Post #5,568 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by squid+ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just grip the transparent part at the end of the cable and pull with a solid force while holding the in ear part and cable firmly. It's not hard to do.

I am not responsible if you somehow damage your IE8s with this simple procedure.

Direct pull, not wiggling? Got you. Thank you.

Jan 9, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #5,569 of 8,119
Argh.. can't get a good fit wearing the wire straight down...will the complys help a lot with any fit? none of the ear tips seem to give me a good seal.. and the wire over the ear is never secure either.. any tips guys?

Jan 9, 2010 at 9:45 PM Post #5,570 of 8,119
I am one lucky mofo as the standard silicone tips fit me a treat and wearing the wires over my ears feels completely natural.
I cannot believe how much these 'phones have changed with use.
They now sound so much more balanced than fresh out of the box.
I am waiting for custom sleeves. A gamble as I find the standard tips comfortable but I am hoping for better SQ.
Maybe custom sleeves are the way forward if you have fit issues.

Jan 9, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #5,571 of 8,119
Well I am sitting here feeling queasy as I just committed to a pair of IE8 from this ebay auction. They are used and the photos are not close up but the included sales slips and remaining warranty have me feeling mostly confident that these will be real IE8's and not fake. I'm queasy because I'm only "mostly confident" and I can't believe I have shelled out another $200 on headphones, and I can't believe I will finally have one of the biggest IEM's on the market in my hand!! LOL

To be honest though I had been preparing to get custom shels on a pair of TF10 I got recently and just felt I would be better off with the IE8 and another sound signature option in my arsenal versus a super sealing custom headphone that I would only be able to comfortably use once in a while (plus I don't mind the comfort of the TF10 with sony hybrid tips).

So not really looking for feedback today (although if anyone wants to check out the ebay link I posted and give me their opinion of whether I have made a good buy or not) I just thought I would share by queasiness (and excitement) LOL. I will certainly give my impression of the phones after I get them as compared to my others IEM's and fullsize headphones.

Jan 9, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #5,572 of 8,119
Hi. Do you guys recommend using comply t400 tips? I have seen some comments mentioning that they reduce the SQ. If so, what about the new black ones? I mean tx-400. Thanks in advance.

Jan 9, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #5,574 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by MonnieRock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello Everyone,

Does anyone have any experience getting custom molded tips for the Sennheiser IE8's? For example, something similar to JH Audio / Ultimate Ears

Thank you,
Monnie

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/r...er-ie8-415905/
Try a search
wink_face.gif

Jan 9, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #5,575 of 8,119
dweaver-
That's great you picked up a pair. If you like the AT CKS70's, I think you'll for sure like the IE8s. I look forward to your impressions.

Jan 10, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #5,576 of 8,119
Hello,
just placed an order for the IE8! That's my first IEM, and I really don't know what to expect!
I'll probably use them at work (unless they're better than my DT880...in that case I'll use at home!): do you think they're good plugged into the laptop, or maybe a portable dac/amp will noticeably improve the sound? Thanks

Jan 10, 2010 at 6:46 PM Post #5,577 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by realmassy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello,
just placed an order for the IE8! That's my first IEM, and I really don't know what to expect!
I'll probably use them at work (unless they're better than my DT880...in that case I'll use at home!): do you think they're good plugged into the laptop, or maybe a portable dac/amp will noticeably improve the sound? Thanks

Make sure that you give them plenty of burn in time. I was very dissapointed straight out of the box.

Jan 10, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #5,579 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by realmassy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello,

The IE8 sounds better out of my DAPs than it does out of my laptop.

Jan 10, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #5,580 of 8,119
Just wondering, what are all of you using as tips for the IE8? Currently, I am using a de-cored comply under a large sony silicon sleeve(not a sony hybrid). It works fine, but im wondering if there's anything better. Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back