Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Jan 3, 2010 at 7:48 PM Post #5,491 of 8,119
Well, personnally, sound isolation is the major issue with this iem. It is not on par with my previous Sf5pro, because of the hole in the housing for the bass adjustment. If sound isolation really matters to you, you should maybe consider another option.

Jan 3, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #5,492 of 8,119
MY ANSWERS IN BOLD
Quote:

Originally Posted by cooker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm considering buying the IE8s but I have a couple of questions and the tread is a but long to look for the answers, so I hope you dont mind answering them again
smily_headphones1.gif

The sound isolation is very important for me because I will use them in public transportation (train and bus), so how good is the sound isolation?
The isolation is bad for public transportation or train.

I lisen mainly lisen to pop, house, R&B and rock (both indi and classic), so its a wide rage of music genres, so how do they to with all these different kind of music?
The ie8 is fantastic with these genres
and last I'm planing to use them with my ipod (2gen) and my Nokia E72 and I'm not planing to use and amp. How will they do in this senario? will and amp do abig differens?
My IE8 is better from my ipod touch 2g than when they are paired with my micro amp.

Regards,
Cooker

Jan 3, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #5,493 of 8,119
IE8+touch > IE8+micro amp

Interesting.

Jan 3, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #5,494 of 8,119
It's interesting indeed!the micro amp makes the bass too powerful and te impact increases more,every thing is pushed forward and the singer voice is pushed forward as if it is gonna get out of your skull,soundstage decreases dramatically.the only thing that gets better is details but not by much.the touch 2g is superb with the ie8 in every possible way.

Jan 4, 2010 at 8:16 AM Post #5,496 of 8,119
Hi guys,

I am new to the forum so: Hello All
smily_headphones1.gif

I have a question: I am using the Nokia N900 as my only mp3 player. Do u guys think the Sennheiser IE8 is kindda overkill for this phone, or is it worth the money even for this phone? Currently I use the UE metrofi 220
Thanks and the forum is awesome

Jan 4, 2010 at 8:06 PM Post #5,498 of 8,119
I am just curious how does everyone wear their IE8s? cause the earhooks dont fit well.. and I am worried about bending the wire over my ears. Do you guys put it in your ears straight down? it feels weird and not tightly secured in the ears like that :S Oh and how much burn in time do I need for the IE8s so they would sound the best? and does it matter what type of music is used? and what kinda ear tips does everyone use for the best seal? I am using the large silicone ones atm... all the other ones feel weird or just dont fit well.

Jan 4, 2010 at 8:22 PM Post #5,499 of 8,119
I wear mine over my ears without the ear hooks. Don't worry about bending the wires - they are very durable... Burn in time varies for a lot of people. For me I found the most amount of change around the first 100 hours

Jan 4, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #5,500 of 8,119
BTW does anyone know how I can get some custom style cable guides for the IE8 cables? I wan't something similar to the phonak cable guides which will hold the wire in shape - If you see what I mean

Jan 4, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #5,501 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am just curious how does everyone wear their IE8s? cause the earhooks dont fit well.. and I am worried about bending the wire over my ears. Do you guys put it in your ears straight down? it feels weird and not tightly secured in the ears like that :S Oh and how much burn in time do I need for the IE8s so they would sound the best? and does it matter what type of music is used? and what kinda ear tips does everyone use for the best seal? I am using the large silicone ones atm... all the other ones feel weird or just dont fit well.

Go back about ten or twenty pages and just read it. All your questions should be answered. If not...go further back..

Jan 5, 2010 at 5:40 AM Post #5,502 of 8,119
Hey, can some one give me an comparison on the Westone 3s and Sennheiser IE8s? how are they different sound wise/isolation/comfort? not sure if my purchase on the IE8s was a bad choice.. hmm

Jan 5, 2010 at 8:42 AM Post #5,503 of 8,119
I only auditioned the W3 for about a half hour with comply tips, but was A/Bing with my IE8 using the same source (Fuze -> custom LOD -> Provided RSA amp) and here are my observations:
- IE8 has a much wider soundstage and a more laid back presentation
- W3 has better instrument separation and, as the mids are more forward, the details are more readily apparent
- The IE8 seemed more dynamic
- The IE8 was smoother in the mids and treble
- The W3 was ever so slightly more transparent

I preferred the IE8 as all the above differences were minor except the presentation and soundstage. Of course, presentation is a personal preference, but the soundstage was much wider with the IE8.

When I did this comparison I was using comply under silicon tips, but now with the tip extenders the IE8 has improved significantly in instrument separation, transparency, and soundstage width. The mids are also a little more forward, so IMO the IE8 would beat the W3 at everything! I know there will be some that don't agree
wink.gif

Jan 5, 2010 at 11:01 AM Post #5,504 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, can some one give me an comparison on the Westone 3s and Sennheiser IE8s? how are they different sound wise/isolation/comfort? not sure if my purchase on the IE8s was a bad choice.. hmm

Here's a link to a thread where myself and some others did some comparisons: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/s...ne-3-a-448937/

I don't think one should say one is better than the other but they do present the music differently and its a matter of preference. I'll end by saying that I hugely prefer the IE8 to the W3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back