Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Dec 23, 2009 at 2:48 PM Post #5,449 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by cYbernation /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what companies are able to make custom tips for the IE8 ?
just wondering how they get the opening for the nozzle right.

Check out this thread:

Link

Here is my post with a quick pic of what I have:

LInk

I really like my custom molds for my IE8s, it solves the few issues I was having with fit and really improved the whole experience.

Dec 28, 2009 at 5:40 AM Post #5,452 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by infidel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does the IE8 have variants? Something like a normal verion or premium version?

Nope, just one version.

Dec 28, 2009 at 12:40 PM Post #5,453 of 8,119
Hey guys, I'm currently pairing the IE8's with a Sony Walkman X1060. I love it, but I'm getting some hiss. It's not too bad but it's very noticeable during quiet passages or when I listen at low volumes. I'm Thinking about picking up these these but was wondering if they'd degrade SQ.. or if they are even the correct resistor for my pairing.

Dec 28, 2009 at 2:39 PM Post #5,455 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by ackers07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Out of interest does anyone else find the ear-hooks to be incredibly annoying to wear? They were for me, especially with my hair covering my ears. Do you just avoid the hooks and wear the IE8s 'up' as if the hooks were there but they're not (if you know what I mean)?

Yes, the hooks are pretty redundant ... I doubt many IE8 owners bother with them, and just wear them with the cable over the ear as normal.

Dec 28, 2009 at 2:50 PM Post #5,456 of 8,119
^ Yeah, exactly. Those are crap. I hear many people complaining about the hard wires of Super Fis and Triples, but I found them very useful, and much more practical than that sennheiser crap. Those things are not usable, and I am condamned using the over-the-ear solution, whereas the cables are always falling of my ear. Kudos to UE for that.

Dec 28, 2009 at 7:05 PM Post #5,458 of 8,119
While I quickly found the Sennheiser ear hooks too bulky and rigid to be of use, IE8 the cord tends to slip off the tops of my ears on its own. For me, the best solution is in the Phonak Audéo silicone ear guides, which are much lighter and far less obtrusive than Sennheiser's offering.

Dec 28, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #5,459 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While I quickly found the Sennheiser ear hooks too bulky and rigid to be of use, IE8 the cord tends to slip off the tops of my ears on its own. For me, the best solution is in the Phonak Audéo silicone ear guides, which are much lighter and far less obtrusive than Sennheiser's offering.

Hmmm. Would those fit over the plugs?

Dec 28, 2009 at 9:52 PM Post #5,460 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by krismusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm. Would those fit over the plugs?

They just fit over the wires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back