Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Sep 26, 2009 at 8:12 PM Post #4,966 of 8,119
The midbass is emphasized, that´s true. I think this is the source of the warmth and darkness. But with amp (go-vibe v4) this hump goes away, the bass became far more realistic and soundstage is a lot better.

Sep 26, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #4,967 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid-Fi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Autoharp by Hooverphonic.

Larry, you don't happen to have this cd do you (The Magnificent Tree)? I'd be happy to mail you the cd to try with your kit it is such a drastic example.

Thanks, but I have plenty of music with good bass lines - I agree this opamp combo sounds better with IE8 than others, without sounding bad with my other IEM. I am not feeling well so I haven't gone back to the AD8599 to test again - it's hard to get motivated when you know you aren't going to leave the AD8599 in the amp and you don't feel good enough to be swapping opamps any ways.

Sep 27, 2009 at 4:43 AM Post #4,968 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, but I have plenty of music with good bass lines - I agree this opamp combo sounds better with IE8 than others, without sounding bad with my other IEM. I am not feeling well so I haven't gone back to the AD8599 to test again - it's hard to get motivated when you know you aren't going to leave the AD8599 in the amp and you don't feel good enough to be swapping opamps any ways.

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. No worries at all. At this point, I am starting be able to discern more and more of the differences and am so confident in the improvements that I probably won't swamp it out again. I hope you feel better soon!

I'm so happy with this setup that I am actually going to delay a few hardware purchases I had in mind and switch my focus to getting more music for awhile. I'm really regretting having bought all my music as mp3 downloads. If anyone has any recommendations of favorite albums that are recorded and mastered well, please drop me a PM (to not sidetrack the thread - I like all genres).

Oct 3, 2009 at 4:07 AM Post #4,970 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcosQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can anyone hook me up with some ie8's that sell for less than the msrp?

Hi MarcosQ, welcome to Head-Fi. I got mine on Amazon from one of the merchants that was not featured - USAVING. They were a full hundred below MSRP at $350 and got to me in three days. The seller has a 96% positive feedback so I felt comfortable ordering them. The package was new and sealed and perfect and I have loved them. The only downside is that you don't get the warranty that requires you buy them from an authentic dealer. To me, this wasn't worth jumping to $450 at full retail, although to others it might be. I just checked Amazon and they still have it in stock.

Oct 3, 2009 at 12:23 PM Post #4,971 of 8,119
Anybody using thesewith the MiniboxE?? Just bought this amp to pair with Ety4p--on Mrarroyo's suggestions--and now wondering if the Minibox and the IE8would be happy together???

Oct 3, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #4,972 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcosQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can anyone hook me up with some ie8's that sell for less than the msrp?

Computeruniverse.net selling IE8 and they ship internationaly with really good price point.

Oct 4, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #4,973 of 8,119
The IE8 are great with my ALO Amphora amp, and opamp rolled D10, but not with my iPhone or Nano. So I found someone to trade my IE8 for their W3 here at RMAF meet, and since I lost my W3 I think I'm going to do it. I could go for his UM3X which are technically just a little better than the W3, but I already have ES3X customs and I don't think I need a universal IEM that sounds similar to the ES3X - I like to change up the "flavor" every once in a while.

While the UM3X are maybe more accurate, the W3 are a little more fun or exciting sounding to me (but more accurate if used with my UM56 custom tips). With the IE8, I just feel more limited because of the narrower selection of amps that wake them up and make them sing. If these would be my only IEM, or if I was having sibilance issues with the W3 then I'd probably go for the UM3X though. Just an FYI.

I'll probably unsubscribe from this thread soon if the swap goes through.

Oct 8, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #4,976 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody using thesewith the MiniboxE?? Just bought this amp to pair with Ety4p--on Mrarroyo's suggestions--and now wondering if the Minibox and the IE8would be happy together???

Don't think the Minibox works well with sensitive IEMs..tried the IE7 a while ago..very boomy bass and the sound was just wierd.. I didn't like the combo..
confused_face.gif

Oct 8, 2009 at 12:20 PM Post #4,977 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by pekingduck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't think the Minibox works well with sensitive IEMs..tried the IE7 a while ago..very boomy bass and the sound was just wierd.. I didn't like the combo..
confused_face.gif

Many thanks for the info. Minibox is incredible with the Ety4 sowas curious.

Guess I buy the IE8 from retailer where they are returnable and experiment. But your input is eye-opening. Many thanks

Oct 13, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #4,979 of 8,119
So quiet here nowadays.

What source do you prefer for IE8? Sony X or Sony NWZ-A...?

Oct 14, 2009 at 12:19 AM Post #4,980 of 8,119
How does fuze or clip+ pair with the IE8? Due to a lot of problems, my IE8 hasn't arrived yet. My only source for now is my Nokia 5800, how much better or worse would the sansas sound? Someone is coming home from the US and asking what I want for 100-120usd, I might get the sansa or if not I might ask for Rayban shades or some shoes. Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back