Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Sep 11, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #4,771 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Seedhouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No everyone does not. I did not. I will thank you not to put words in my mouth if you will be so gracious.

The world would be a slightly better world if everyone did. And after reading the post I don't think he put words in your mouth Ed Seedhouse.

Quote:

Originally Posted by alamakazam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does anyone knows, the original 0.6m short replacement is it L-angled or straight connector?

any iphone user? a custom cable with mic? or a short custom cable ?

The 0.6 cable has a L-angled connector.

Sep 11, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #4,772 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by WithBadIntent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The world would be a slightly better world if everyone did. And after reading the post I don't think he put words in your mouth Ed Seedhouse.

So in the words "Everyone experiences that until at some point they declare the IE8 to have completed burn-in.", the word "Everyone" doesn't actually apply to everyone? Is this some new unique meaning of the word "everyone" that the rest of us don't know about then?

The plain fact is that everyone doesn't experience that since at least one person, namely myself, didn't experience it. By using the word "everyone" he is including me, and thereby putting words into my mouth.

Sep 11, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #4,773 of 8,119
^^ED you are simply exaggerating,there is no need for all this rubbish.i dont think HeadphoneAddict meant everyone like 100% of all the ie8 owners,he meant most(90-95%)owners experianced that,and if you cared enough before bashing him,you could have read the thread and understand what he means by his words.and beside all that,i dont think he said anything offensive or include you in his EVERYONE word,try not to be childish please.

Sep 11, 2009 at 10:34 PM Post #4,774 of 8,119
Quote:

So in the words "Everyone experiences that until at some point they declare the IE8 to have completed burn-in.", the word "Everyone" doesn't actually apply to everyone? Is this some new unique meaning of the word "everyone" that the rest of us don't know about then?

The plain fact is that everyone doesn't experience that since at least one person, namely myself, didn't experience it. By using the word "everyone" he is including me, and thereby putting words into my mouth.

Have you ever heard of 'the royal we' ?. Try reading this article here - We - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia as I think this subtle use of the English language may have passed you by.

Sep 12, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #4,776 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by 88Chris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i let them burn in overnight and switched the cable around, so i can wear them hanging down, instead of over the ear. and i'm enjoying them a lot now. \

plan on doing more burn-in'ing, tonight.

i got bored and changed them to straight down a month ago, now i'm using over the ear, and found them to sound better, the shape seems to conform better to my ears using over the ear... you might like to try over the ear in the future

Sep 12, 2009 at 3:47 AM Post #4,777 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by midoo1990 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^ED you are simply exaggerating,there is no need for all this rubbish.i dont think HeadphoneAddict meant everyone like 100% of all the ie8 owners,

Then why did he say it? That's what the word "everyone" means in every dictionary I've looked it up in. Maybe if we all took a little care to use language accurately we'd have a higher level of posts here. Or perhaps "HeadphoneAddict" was the one doing the exaggerating?

Myself, the only mind I can read is my own, and not all that well even there. So I refuse to try to read other minds, and assume that when they say something, that's what they meant to say.

Sep 12, 2009 at 4:21 AM Post #4,778 of 8,119
Quote:

No everyone does not. I did not. I will thank you not to put words in my mouth if you will be so gracious.

Fixed it.

Sep 12, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #4,779 of 8,119
Quote:

Then why did he say it? That's what the word "everyone" means in every dictionary I've looked it up in. Maybe if we all took a little care to use language accurately we'd have a higher level of posts here. Or perhaps "HeadphoneAddict" was the one doing the exaggerating?

Myself, the only mind I can read is my own, and not all that well even there. So I refuse to try to read other minds, and assume that when they say something, that's what they meant to say.

You don't need to be so offensive about it. I could have said that anyone who likes the IE8 right out of the box with no burn-in doesn't know what a good earphone should sound like, and that their opinion should be disregarded - but I didn't do that, did I?

Sep 12, 2009 at 7:06 AM Post #4,780 of 8,119
Is this that rubbish argument of Ed Seedhouse again? If it is, stop wasting Bandwidth and leave. Everyone has their own thoughts of burn-in, and it's proved to be true. It does happen, whether it be mere seconds after the driver moves or hundreds of hours people hear the difference and that's what they think.

This is all childish, a waste of bandwidth and time.

Sep 12, 2009 at 8:35 AM Post #4,781 of 8,119
I have never believed that the dynamic IEMs can change drastically over a time but one thing I can state with my clear conscience is that IE8 began to sound better over a time. Initally when I got it I thought it was even worse than the stock earphone which came with Sony X1061 but now it is much better. IE8 is very entertaining phone which is almost as good as JH13. I thought I will be seeing a firework going from IE8 to JH13. Not quite....If you are happy with IE8, I would not recommend spending another $700 for customs. You won't get your money's worth.

Sep 12, 2009 at 11:03 AM Post #4,783 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by partysnatcher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the tips, outside of fit and comfort, have different distances from the end of the tip, to the mesh inside. The closest distances, such as on the standard foam tips, give a more muddy sound (in my opinion). The furthest distance, like on the "mushroom" tip design, give a more detailed, brighter, sound with very little bass and emphasis on the higher part of mid. I like the "medium" ones, which would be the lamelle thingies.

Yeah, I too have noticed the significant change in sound signature with the different tips and their distances from the mesh. If you push the spiky grey mushroom tips past their usual stopping point on the stem until they rest up to the base of the housing; what used to be bright and airy with a very wide soundstage, looses those characteristics and becomes the polar opposite. So, yeah, you're right on the money concerning tip distances from the mesh affecting sound. BTW the spiky grey mushroom tips are my favorite since they most closely match that of an open back headphone with just the right amount of bass and treble. Just perfect for me. I swap and try the other Senn tips and other generic tips from other brands, but I keep going back to the spiky Senn tips.

Sep 12, 2009 at 11:37 AM Post #4,784 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by D4R /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I too have noticed the significant change in sound signature with the different tips and their distances from the mesh. If you push the spiky grey mushroom tips past their usual stopping point on the stem until they rest up to the base of the housing; what used to be bright and airy with a very wide soundstage, looses those characteristics and becomes the polar opposite. So, yeah, you're right on the money concerning tip distances from the mesh affecting sound. BTW the spiky grey mushroom tips are my favorite since they most closely match that of an open back headphone with just the right amount of bass and treble. Just perfect for me. I swap and try the other Senn tips and other generic tips from other brands, but I keep going back to the spiky Senn tips.

My experience with the IE8 tip has been quite similar as well. I still think though that regardless of what tips are used, the insertion depth is what really determines the amount of bass, clarity and corresponding treble among other things. I am quite sure that I can make my IE8 has similar bass quantities to an ER-4P with light insertion/seal believe it or not.

Sep 12, 2009 at 12:19 PM Post #4,785 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have never believed that the dynamic IEMs can change drastically over a time but one thing I can state with my clear conscience is that IE8 began to sound better over a time. Initally when I got it I thought it was even worse than the stock earphone which came with Sony X1061 but now it is much better. IE8 is very entertaining phone which is almost as good as JH13. I thought I will be seeing a firework going from IE8 to JH13. Not quite....If you are happy with IE8, I would not recommend spending another $700 for customs. You won't get your money's worth.

My burn in experience with the IE8s was quite a journey. To begin with I was able to relate them to my EC2s but not now, no way! Then the process of change began and, at over 1,200 hours, the listening experience is exceptional. Even more so after the tip modification discussed a few pages back.

What the IE8 gives me is bucketfuls of musical involvement and if the price for that is a 'lack of sparkling highs' (or whatever criticisms are made of the IE8s) then so be it.

Like many of us my lust list has a JH13 on it and I am impatiently biding my time, finding reasons to procrastinate on placing the order. I have been waiting on just such a comment as yours from an IE8 and JH13 owner.

The custom mould process is a variable factor and, as we have seen with the IE8 owners’ experiences who have tried it, may or may not produce a result which is preferable. OTOH those who have heard the universal JH13s are adamant that the custom mould version is vastly superior.

So why should the custom mould feedback be so different between the IE8 and JH13, I wonder.

I see that you have issues with your custom mould fit on the JH13s. I hope you are able to resolve them but it does take the shine of such an expensive purchase and I am sorry to hear that.

This is probably not the thread for this but perhaps as some point, when you are happy that you are getting the best from your JH13s, would you consider posting a new thread relating your experiences directly between the two IEMs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back