Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Mar 30, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #3,361 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSugar00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone know an online retailer where you can get those sony hybrid eartips in the UK? Having trouble finding them available anywhere...

I understand your plight, here in Oz I have to order them individually(S,M,L) from a Sony authorized spare parts place.

Mar 30, 2009 at 5:44 AM Post #3,362 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecala /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a well known fact that when Women are allowed into men's areas, they stuff it up for all concerned. You can of course start your own girls club, were you can bag endlessly other girls for wearing ugly iems!!!.
wink_face.gif

Boring, sexist and uncool. I'm sure there are male only forums too you know, maybe try that.

Quote:

I think I should sell my IE8s, then read more here, then buy them again, sell them once more, then read further here, buy them again, then...............

confused_face_2.gif
confused_face_2.gif

I've bought the IE8 twice too, so what's your point? No one's allowed to buy an earphone more than once?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Ng /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, I know I don't have many posts in this forum, but as a moderator in other forums, may I kindly ask that this personal discussion be taken to PM instead of continued within these threads?

-Ed

What discussion? There isn't one to speak of. This was a blatantly chauvinistic comment made directly at Soozieq and she responded. There are few enough women on this forum who are enthusiastic about this hobby as it is without chauvinists picking on the ones that are here.

Quote:

.........but this is more fun, dispensed evenly between all the tip talk.
wink.gif

It may be fun for you, but the thread's already so long that it doesn't need this much derailing off topic.

Mar 30, 2009 at 5:51 AM Post #3,363 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Boring, sexist and uncool. I'm sure there are male only forums too you know, maybe try that.

I fully agree with this sentiment.

Quote:

What discussion? There isn't one to speak of. This was a blatantly chauvinistic comment made directly at Soozieq and she responded. There are few enough women on this forum who are enthusiastic about this hobby as it is without chauvanists picking on the ones that are here.

I'm simply trying to remain as professional as possible in respectfully requesting that these issues be taken out of the thread; blatant, gender-biased attacks ought neither be condoned nor accepted, and is also off-topic. You're right, male chauvinism has no place anywhere, in an internet forum, or otherwise. Do I think it's wrong? Absolutely. Do I think I can do anything about male chauvinistic pigs? Unfortunately, there is a limit to what I believe I can do about them. Are you suggesting we report them? Will the forum administrators and moderators do anything about them? Where I moderate, it is outlined in the initial agreement when creating a membership that gender bias attacks are not allowed and user accounts can be deleted for such activity, and we do. I cannot do that here; at best I can ask that it be taken offline. You are right that Soozieq had a right to respond, as there is no reason for her to have to deal with their crap, but I am not in a position to really stop it here. In the end, it is, however, off-topic and moreover off-color.

-Ed

Mar 30, 2009 at 5:57 AM Post #3,364 of 8,119
I agree with you that keeping such discussion offline as much as possible makes sense, but I just think that chauvinistic comments towards any female members of Head-Fi shouldn't be let go unchecked, that's all. It discourages the few possible future women members in a major way.

Sorry to prolong such discussion. Back to the IE8's!

Mar 30, 2009 at 6:27 AM Post #3,365 of 8,119
anyone know where to get the hybrid tips in singapore?

Mar 30, 2009 at 7:22 AM Post #3,366 of 8,119
anyone compared them with CX-95?
They say that those earphones are almost identical in terms of audioquality.

Mar 30, 2009 at 7:26 AM Post #3,367 of 8,119
This question was answered earlier and people have said they are most likely not the same, despite the similar frequency response. Besides, they were showing a graph of the CX95 and IE7, not the IE8.

Mar 30, 2009 at 7:48 AM Post #3,368 of 8,119

Mar 30, 2009 at 8:18 AM Post #3,369 of 8,119
Quote:

Anyone know an online retailer where you can get those sony hybrid eartips in the UK? Having trouble finding them available anywhere...

X2. Last time I contacted Sony they asked me to call sales for spare parts. Those are ridiculously overpriced. They sell EX1 tips everywhere here. It is about time they sell retail packs of these new tips.

Mar 30, 2009 at 8:23 AM Post #3,370 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vladimir_F1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Similar sound signiture, but not exactly the same. The quality is miles apart.

I still enjoy my CX 95, but only for none-critical listening (i.e. while sleeping).
wink.gif

Mar 30, 2009 at 8:31 AM Post #3,371 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
X2. Last time I contacted Sony they asked me to call sales for spare parts. Those are ridiculously overpriced. They sell EX1 tips everywhere here. It is about time they sell retail packs of these new tips.

That don't sound good.
tongue.gif
I'll just have to resign to waiting until they become commonly available here in retail packs...

Mar 30, 2009 at 8:47 AM Post #3,372 of 8,119
Quote:

If you saw the smilie at the end of the reply you would have gotten the tone of it, I guess you and her royal highness missed it.

I've bought the IE8 twice too, so what's your point? No one's allowed to buy an earphone more than once?

I take it this is why you responded to her aid now, by this comment which applies to you as well?

What discussion? There isn't one to speak of. This was a blatantly chauvinistic comment made directly at Soozieq and she responded. There are few enough women on this forum who are enthusiastic about this hobby as it is without chauvinists picking on the ones that are here.

Your reading to far into this, no chauvinism on my part intended, although by your response its clear that your completely brainwashed by TV.

It may be fun for you, but the thread's already so long that it doesn't need this much derailing off topic.

If you look at every single long thread here at head-fi without exception, you will find derailing in every one of them. Why am I being singled out?

Mar 30, 2009 at 8:50 AM Post #3,373 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Ng /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm simply trying to remain as professional as possible in respectfully requesting them to take this ******** elsewhere.

-Ed

Really, what is your job here again? I must of missed it.

Mar 30, 2009 at 9:30 AM Post #3,374 of 8,119
Quote:

I live in the UK to and searched for ages for the Sony Hybrid tips but it doesn't seem possible to get them anywhere over here. Luckily my parents live in the US so I just ordered them through Amazon, got them sent to my parents house and they are currently in the post to me now. If you know anyone in the US they can be sent to that seems the best way to get them.

Mar 30, 2009 at 9:43 AM Post #3,375 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by theitchybeard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I live in the UK to and searched for ages for the Sony Hybrid tips but it doesn't seem possible to get them anywhere over here. Luckily my parents live in the US so I just ordered them through Amazon, got them sent to my parents house and they are currently in the post to me now. If you know anyone in the US they can be sent to that seems the best way to get them.

Thanks for the info and for saving me more time searching but unfortunately I don't know anyone in the US at the present time I could use for such a mechanism round the problem. I'd be open to any US based Head-fier who'd be kind enough to do that for me- myself paying in advance, of course!- however, with the hassle involved I wouldn't request it of anyone
wink.gif
. Otherwise, I have enough IEMs and/or tips/fit and/or experimentation to dig into for the time being so I can wait a while until they hopefully become available in the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back