Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Feb 25, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #2,087 of 8,119
btw to those saying there none left there is, under a dif listing there is still 10 packs of 2 pairs left, well 10 now cause i just bought 6
o2smile.gif

here the url btw

Double Flange Earbuds (New) for Sony In-Ear Headphones - eBay (item 380104944742 end time Mar-19-09 04:48:50 PDT)

Feb 25, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #2,088 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by khtse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The IE8 is now "in stock" on ncixus.com, with a price tag of... $222.19! The cheapest shipping costs around $13, and I paid $17.53 for Fedex Priority Air.

My order was placed an hour ago, and now the tracking page indicates that: order received, price verified, product availability verified, shipping info verified, credit card verified, payment processed (my card has been charged), and order processed. It remains for them to send me the "you order has been shipped" email. Let's see will it go through this time. Good luck ordering everyone!

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HAH! I was right. Now they are $279.88 again - just like I promised they would do. They turned on the buy now button, and then soon after that they bumped the price back up again. Anyone who gets them at the $222 is just lucky and fast, and some may have them lie about the CC company denying the payment again, like they did me.

I called them them a few days ago to uncancel my $238 order and they refused.

Quote:

They didn't notify me either. I wrote them another complaint letter about this deceitful practice of playing yo-yo with the price between in stock and out of stock, and not sending the notification while the price is low.

I refused to buy them at their higher price, even if it is a good price, just because of their behaviour - all i wanted them for was as comparison to other IEM. I already have the perfect IEM.

Quote:

If I didn't have good IEM I would jump at that price, but I don't like the way I've been treated by them.

I got my notification about 3-4 hours after they were back in stock, and emailed them to complain. Brayden at NCIXUS called me today to apologize for the trouble I have been having with late notifications and missing the sale prices, and for the credit card issues.

He says he is looking at the credit card charge declined slip, and that while the $1 verification went through the original $251.38 charge (with shipping) was denied. He can't understand why Chase doesn't know the reason why the charge didn't go through, but he will send me a copy of that "declined" charge with my order which has been un-canceled as I requested and successfully charged at the $222 + shipping.

He says it is not their intention to mislead the buyers on the price, and I got the impression from him that it is a webmaster problem. I asked him to look into it and talk to someone about it, and he said he would try (he's got to figure out who that person to talk to would be).

If they want to advertise a low price when out of stock like many other vendors do (J&R Music) that is fine - and it appears that a few people do get them at that wholesale price before the price goes up. But when I was one of the lucky low-ball price buyers the first time around I was mad when my order was held until they went out of stock, due to a credit card problem that I could not confirm ($4000 open to spend).

I just wanted to report that NCIXUS resolved the issue with my order, and I will be watching to see what happens to the website updates in the future.

Feb 25, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #2,089 of 8,119
Quote:

If they want to advertise a low price when out of stock like many other vendors do (J&R Music) that is fine - and it appears that a few people do get them at that wholesale price before the price goes up. But when I was one of the lucky low-ball price buyers the first time around I was mad when my order was held until they went out of stock, due to a credit card problem that I could not confirm ($4000 open to spend).

I just wanted to report that NCIXUS resolved the issue with my order, and I will be watching to see what happens to the website updates in the future.

My payment also didn't go through the first time (citibank) since it triggered a fraud alert. Had to get it authorized from Citibank, and currently waiting on NCIXUS resubmitting the charge.

Feb 25, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #2,090 of 8,119
So you are getting the IE8s? Not clear.

Quote:

I got my notification about 3-4 hours after they were back in stock, and emailed them to complain. Brayden at NCIXUS called me today to apologize for the trouble I have been having with late notifications and missing the sale prices, and for the credit card issues.

He says he is looking at the credit card charge declined slip, and that while the $1 verification went through the original $251.38 charge (with shipping) was denied. He can't understand why Chase doesn't know the reason why the charge didn't go through, but he will send me a copy of that "declined" charge with my order which has been un-canceled as I requested and successfully charged at the $222 + shipping.

He says it is not their intention to mislead the buyers on the price, and I got the impression from him that it is a webmaster problem. I asked him to look into it and talk to someone about it, and he said he would try (he's got to figure out who that person to talk to would be).

Feb 25, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #2,091 of 8,119
Feb 25, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #2,093 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hah. That's so lame.

NCIXUS.com - Great Technology, Selection and Service.

At the time I'm posting this, that link will take you to a search result page where it says the IE8 is "In Stock" and "$221.31." But if you click on the link to go to the product page...

NCIXUS.com - Buy Sennheiser Ie 8 IE8 Stereo Earphones 10-20000HZ 16 Ohm 4.5FT Black - IE8.

"Our Price: $278.77 USD"

Nice.

You know what? Try clicking "Add" in your first link, you will get a $222.31 IE8 in your cart and you can check out with it. As of this moment at least, my guess is that it will be fixed very soon.

edited: It seems to me that adding it to cart from your second link will also result a $222.31 IE8 in your cart... although the page said $278.77. Clearly a website error, I don't know if you can get pass the "price verification" of their ordering process.

Feb 25, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #2,094 of 8,119
Quote:

Hah. That's so lame.

At the time I'm posting this, that link will take you to a search result page where it says the IE8 is "In Stock" and "$221.31." But if you click on the link to go to the product page...

NCIXUS.com - Buy Sennheiser Ie 8 IE8 Stereo Earphones 10-20000HZ 16 Ohm 4.5FT Black - IE8.

Nice.

WHOA!

Go to the first link, and click add to cart and you get it for $221.31

I am all the way to the give us your credit card page, and all it wants is the $221.31 + shipping - I could buy a second pair at the discount! But I wont.

[I gotta stop leaving head-fi thread open for an hour before I respond, or people beat me to the punch
tongue.gif
]

Feb 25, 2009 at 11:48 PM Post #2,095 of 8,119
Wow. Yeah, it actually worked. I just placed my order and verified the transaction with my credit card company.

Good deal
biggrin.gif

Feb 26, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #2,096 of 8,119
Quote:

Hah. That's so lame.

Nice.

OOOOO.... Double-check those links again. Now they both say the price is $221.31.

Crazy
biggrin.gif

Feb 26, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #2,097 of 8,119
My IE8 still haven't been shipped yet. Since it said "usually shipped in 1 or 2 business days", I will wait one more day before calling them... But given that they now open up this incredible deal to anyone, I don't see why they would want to cancel my order.

Does anyone know if the replacement cable for UE earphones can be used on IE8 or not? I want to use my IE8 with my iPod touch, and Sennheiser does not have a replacement cable with mic and remote control. UE does have a replacement cable with mic and microphone for TF10vi, and it can be found on eBay. Or does anyone know any company that makes IE8 compatible replacement cable?

Feb 26, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #2,098 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by khtse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My IE8 still haven't been shipped yet. Since it said "usually shipped in 1 or 2 business days", I will wait one more day before calling them... But given that they now open up this incredible deal to anyone, I don't see why they would want to cancel my order.

Does anyone know if the replacement cable for UE earphones can be used on IE8 or not? I want to use my IE8 with my iPod touch, and Sennheiser does not have a replacement cable with mic and remote control. UE does have a replacement cable with mic and microphone for TF10vi, and it can be found on eBay. Or does anyone know any company that makes IE8 compatible replacement cable?

which stage is your transaction at?

I don't think there are any after-market cables released yet. I am
looking for some upgrade cables as well.

Feb 26, 2009 at 12:55 AM Post #2,099 of 8,119
Quote:

WHOA!

Go to the first link, and click add to cart and you get it for $221.31

I am all the way to the give us your credit card page, and all it wants is the $221.31 + shipping - I could buy a second pair at the discount! But I wont.

[I gotta stop leaving head-fi thread open for an hour before I respond, or people beat me to the punch
tongue.gif
]

Larry-
I really hope you get to score that price! That would be awesome, especially after all the runaround you've been through. You deserve to get in on that price. They're really a steal for that. I look forward to reading your usual in depth evaluation of them if / when you get them.

Good luck.

Feb 26, 2009 at 1:14 AM Post #2,100 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by ottoyu34 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
which stage is your transaction at?

I don't think there are any after-market cables released yet. I am
looking for some upgrade cables as well.

All stages except shipping had been cleared a day ago.

I guess it won't be too hard to DIY a cable for the IE8. But I am unaware of any aftermarket mic or remote control or 3 connector 3.5mm plug that I can use to make an iPhone/iPod touch cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back