Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Feb 17, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #1,816 of 8,119
Lol yeah I had a dp before, removed it - in search of a new one

Just tried on the IE8's after ~8 hours of burn in, there's a difference already. Interesting! I eased off with the EQ too and it sounds much better than how it did from the first few minutes of listening.

I also switched tips, going from the smallest biflange to the smallest foam (or comply lookalike) - reduces the thumpy bass without sacrificing detail in the higher ranges.

Feb 17, 2009 at 6:05 AM Post #1,817 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by MythNoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im really hoping that sennheiser do have plans on releasing a range of cables such as longer 1.5m, shorter <1m and inline volume control etc, since they have such wonderful removable cables it would be a shame not to take full advantage of the feature huh

I really hope after-market cable upgrades are coming soon.

Feb 17, 2009 at 6:22 AM Post #1,818 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They fit awesome right out of the box with the stock tips, and are really light and comfy (no problem with the seal).

' Don't see that being said often [enough].

Incidentally, it's the same for me. I must fit that mystical demographic Sennheiser tested these on.
tongue.gif

Feb 17, 2009 at 7:53 AM Post #1,819 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Incidentally, it's the same for me. I must fit that mystical demographic Sennheiser tested these on.
tongue.gif

Same for me. Fit is a non-issue. In fact, they have to be the most comfortable IEM's I've ever used. I use them for 6+ hours per day at work, literally, without any hint of discomfort. It's a wonderful thing.........

Feb 17, 2009 at 8:37 AM Post #1,820 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by MythNoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im really hoping that sennheiser do have plans on releasing a range of cables such as longer 1.5m, shorter <1m and inline volume control etc, since they have such wonderful removable cables it would be a shame not to take full advantage of the feature huh

They already have a short 0.6m cable (part no: 525720). The problem is availability and pricing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads
They fit awesome right out of the box with the stock tips, and are really light and comfy (no problem with the seal).

Same here.

Feb 17, 2009 at 2:00 PM Post #1,825 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ihatepopupads, u like S639F with IE8? That's really a good sign. Cant wait for mine to arrive ><

Yes out of all my dap, this sounds best with the IE8, just more detail and fullness. Maybe it's the s639 upfront presentation that goes good with the wide sound stage of the IE8. Plus the s639 does seem to have a little more treble response which might help the IE8? Everything else sounds good to though, but the touch sounds a little to "electronic" and processed with these and falls apart when a lot gets going. It's funny I never realized how "digitized" the touch sounds before, never noticed with my se530. I really expected my zune to sound better then the sony (more detail), with the IE8. It still sounds amazing though.

But yes it sounds fantastic
icon10.gif
after burning them in all night (about 20 hrs total) the bass seems even more controlled. Good stuff.

Feb 17, 2009 at 2:12 PM Post #1,826 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
' Don't see that being said often [enough].

Yes, I guess my ears are average, stock silicone (medium) sonys have always fit me. Thats what the tips were on the IE8, and they fit Aces. In fact the seal hasn't broken once. I think the lightweight build of these really helps the comfort- its like there is no weight to pull out of your ear.

I was worried when Soozieq said they hurt her ears, because both denon c700 (I think that was the model) and UE pros hurt the insides of my ears awful. I tried all kinds of tips to no avail. But these are super comfy, had them in about 2 hours and I don't feel anything. In fact the remind me of a nicer sony semi in ear model (fit wise), sound wise well........
popcorn.gif

Feb 17, 2009 at 2:31 PM Post #1,828 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was worried when Soozieq said they hurt her ears, because both denon c700 (I think that was the model) and UE pros hurt the insides of my ears awful.

They only hurt my ears the first time round when I shoved them in really deep with the foam tips. It caused the housing to press right down on my inner ear, and after 30 minutes, they'd be red raw
triportsad.gif

But then when I read jwbrent's post that he too, was having the same problem, but solved it by pulling the earpieces out very slightly (something I hadn't even thought of doing!) - I immediately bought them again. Once I tried his tip, the earpiece 'cleared' the part of my ear it was pressing on, and since then, I hardly even know they're in. They're so comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back