Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Feb 15, 2009 at 11:15 PM Post #1,756 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since I know you also have the C700's I'll also compare them to those. The main thing you notice in going from the IE8's back to the C700's is how severely sucked out, or recessed, the midrange is. The soundstage is hugely better in the IE8's too. It's like you're going up to a full-sized can in that regard. Treble is about equal in ultimate detail, but I think the IE8's are less strident in comparison. Overall, they're sooooo much more refined. They just make music effortlessly.

warrior05, the IE8's blow the C700's out of the water, onto the road, and into the trash can.
And I loved my C700!

Feb 15, 2009 at 11:18 PM Post #1,757 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by thechungster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep yep
smily_headphones1.gif
Thank you for helping to make my choice on which expensive IEM to get.

Out of the box the I felt there was more detail, but not more soundstage imo.

Did you get a good isolation soon? or you needed time?!

Feb 15, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #1,758 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luca T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you get a good isolation soon? or you needed time?!

I got good isolation as soon as I slipped the small foam tips on.
biggrin.gif
I'm not sure, maybe the soundstage was more or less the same. Oh well.

Feb 15, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #1,759 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Hawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No they don't

None in stock

Not available to order.

You might get lucky when they do come back for order though. $223 is actually a typo and last time they forgot to switch the price back to what they normally sell them for ( $279) and a number of people here got them for that price.

Really? Then why have they not updated their price yet?

Feb 15, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #1,760 of 8,119
Sorry if this was asked before, but going through 118 pages is a bit difficult for me.

How much did you pay for your IE8? I have been wanting to buy the IE8 for some time, but a $400+ price tag is a bit too much for me. But last light when I was looking for some computer stuff to buy, I saw on ncixus.com are they selling the IE8 for only $223.08 (out of stock currently though...)! Even the IE7 is significantly cheaper ($174.69) than other place.

I had purchased computer hardwares from ncix before without any problem... But their prices for Sennheiser IEMs seem too good to be true. I wonder for what reason they are selling them that cheap. Did anyone buy their IE8 or IE7 from ncix? Any problem with it?

*** EDITED: Well, I found the answer/discussion about 10-20 pages earlier.

Feb 15, 2009 at 11:55 PM Post #1,761 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really? Then why have they not updated their price yet?

They did raise the price after they accidentally sold a few at the imaginary price, and then they dropped the price again when it was out of stock to gain more interest in them. And when they are available again at some point the price will have to jump back up unless they screw up again.

JR Music did the same thing with the Denon D7000. Dropped the price to like $599 and had people as to be emailed when in stock, then jumped to $999 when they had some to sell.

Feb 16, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #1,762 of 8,119
I ended up paying $222.00 delivered from Advanced Mp3 Players.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khtse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry if this was asked before, but going through 118 pages is a bit difficult for me.

How much did you pay for your IE8? I have been wanting to buy the IE8 for some time, but a $400+ price tag is a bit too much for me. But last light when I was looking for some computer stuff to buy, I saw on ncixus.com are they selling the IE8 for only $223.08 (out of stock currently though...)!

Feb 16, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #1,763 of 8,119
please dont try to compare IE8 to whatever Bose phones.
not worth the talk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
warrior05, the IE8's blow the C700's out of the water, onto the road, and into the trash can.
And I loved my C700!

blows our minds away too..

Feb 16, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #1,764 of 8,119
Ok, the bass knob should be in black. Pictures of the IE 8 with silver knobs are of the none-working prototype. Even the connector is translucent with the commercial IE 8 (the prototype is different).

Sennheiser haven't updated all their websites with the final look so don't worry about it.

Feb 16, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #1,765 of 8,119
Haha. I just metioned that in the other thread.

The looks of it won't impress the ladies. no worries.

Feb 16, 2009 at 12:27 AM Post #1,766 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They did raise the price after they accidentally sold a few at the imaginary price, and then they dropped the price again when it was out of stock to gain more interest in them. And when they are available again at some point the price will have to jump back up unless they screw up again.

JR Music did the same thing with the Denon D7000. Dropped the price to like $599 and had people as to be emailed when in stock, then jumped to $999 when they had some to sell.

Thanks for the explanation. I hope its not a bait and switch price. That would be unethical.

Feb 16, 2009 at 2:22 AM Post #1,767 of 8,119
Quote:

What about their price for IE7? It's not IE8, but that is still an incredible price for IE7 (even cheaper than what they are selling the IE6 for) and is in stock.

Feb 16, 2009 at 3:56 AM Post #1,768 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by khtse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about their price for IE7? It's not IE8, but that is still an incredible price for IE7 (even cheaper than what they are selling the IE6 for) and is in stock.

That's because nobody really wants the IE7
tongue.gif

Feb 16, 2009 at 4:50 AM Post #1,769 of 8,119
Quote:

That's because nobody really wants the IE7
tongue.gif

Hah. Everyone's fighting for the IE8s instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back