Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Feb 12, 2009 at 2:49 PM Post #1,606 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fit is supremely easy with these for me. Guess I'm one of the fortunate ones whose ears match up well with the earphone body shape. Get a pair and just give them a try, you never know from speculating over others' comments. If you happen to land one of these good deals, you can always sell them here for even money. You still have an order pending with advancedmp3, correct? I cancelled mine there, and then put one in with NCIXUS.

Yes me too, I was quite surprised to immediately find a good fit with IE8, after I read so many fit's problems and complaining about the tips in the box here on the forum I expected to find some problems about it, fortunately I didn't!

Feb 12, 2009 at 2:57 PM Post #1,608 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got them this morning at 9am. All I can say is:

Ncix - wow
Sennheiser - wow

Sen has me as a customer again.

Don't run so much, listen it for some days!
beyersmile.png

Feb 12, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #1,609 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You still have an order pending with advancedmp3, correct?

Nope. According to them, it's like I never ordered them.

What a ridiculously frustrating experience.

Feb 12, 2009 at 3:39 PM Post #1,611 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope. According to them, it's like I never ordered them.

What a ridiculously frustrating experience.

Man, sorry to hear that. Try them from a different seller though. They're worth the effort. And I look forward to hearing your impressions after all the time you've been wanting to get them!

Feb 12, 2009 at 3:44 PM Post #1,612 of 8,119
Price is up to 279.99 at NCIXUS now
angry_face.gif
Tried to order them and had the same Chase CC problem as heaphoneaddict. I know I'm not paying 450.00 dollars from amazon. At 300.00 I can get the westone 3, 224.00 was a sweet deal. Maybe just not in the cards....

Feb 12, 2009 at 3:55 PM Post #1,613 of 8,119
I am looking for a hard case for my IE8. current they are in a soft case. But I think you reserve more protection. Any good suggestions?

It would nice that the IEMs would knock around.

thanks

Otto

Feb 12, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #1,614 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by ottoyu34 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am looking for a hard case for my IE8. current they are in a soft case. But I think you reserve more protection. Any good suggestions?

It would nice that the IEMs would knock around.

thanks

Otto

Hard box? Is the Senn box too big for you?

Feb 12, 2009 at 4:23 PM Post #1,616 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luca T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hard box? Is the Senn box too big for you?

Well. something like shure hard pouch. but maybe less inner space so
no IEMs knocking around. Senns' box is over engineered as some have stated.
It almost unusable for everyday usage.

Otto

Feb 12, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #1,617 of 8,119
I just stuff them in my pocket. Anyone else think that little secret compartment at the bottom of the box is a bit too.... weird. I was expecting some kind of huge secret but it only contains a little bag of silica and some disc shaped things (are these filter?).

I mean whats the purpose of that little compartment

Feb 12, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #1,619 of 8,119
The compartment is for keeping desiccant. It is actually the only thing about the case I like. It is meant to keep the case (and your IE) all dry.

The IE 8 is so light I never worry about accidentally damaging it. I do keep them in a soft case though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by montell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just stuff them in my pocket. Anyone else think that little secret compartment at the bottom of the box is a bit too.... weird. I was expecting some kind of huge secret but it only contains a little bag of silica and some disc shaped things (are these filter?).

I mean whats the purpose of that little compartment

Feb 12, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #1,620 of 8,119
One thing I worry is I crushing or shocking them. Although I put them in soft case and travel in my backpack with care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back