Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Feb 5, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #1,381 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow I can't believe how light they are. For a driver head that big the IE 8 are much lighter than my CX 95 and Klipsch Custom. The cable is also noticeably lighter. I almost thought I received a fake toy until I compared the weight with the specs on Sennheiser's website. And for once they provided a decent length cable that isn't too long or too short.

I don't seem to be experiencing the fit problems that some here are. Maybe I am just lucky. Remember I am one of the few who has no problem with Klipsch Custom + stock tips. The medium single flange silicon tips do not go in as deep as my CX 95 or Klipsch Custom, but they are secure and don't fall out or move about. They feel more like the CX 300 to me. Very comfortable.

As for the sound, the bass is indeed harsh (minimum dial). They don't sound as bad out of the box as I've expected. I am going to burn them through gradually.

They certainly sounded worse than I expected though...I actually much prefer my klipsch image x10 than IE8 (28 hours burn in)... still waiting for the "magic" moment to appear...

Feb 5, 2009 at 7:30 AM Post #1,382 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather225 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They certainly sounded worse than I expected though...I actually much prefer my klipsch image x10 than IE8 (28 hours burn in)... still waiting for the "magic" moment to appear...

keep me posted about the improvements..also how they compare with the w3 after the "magic" moments appear

Feb 5, 2009 at 8:52 AM Post #1,383 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather225 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, they sound quite bad for a £180 headphone, but I was already expecting that after reading other people's impression. In fact I was expecting worse. Despite burning it in for a couple of hours I am already noticing some improvements.

Feb 5, 2009 at 1:04 PM Post #1,385 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What amps are people using their IE8 with? I've had fantastic results with my Corda XXS, and am now trying to gauge results with my Mini Audio MAD07 (iBasso D2), which is still being burnt in.

I'm using a GoVibe Vulcan VB with my IE8. The soundstage is just as wide as the IE8 when it is ampless. Any other amp i listened which are cheaper than the Pico makes the soundstage sound narrow and rubbish.

The Variable bass from the vulcan is gd, when the bass is maxed, the bass is just so strong and tight. A little bit boomy, but the oomph is just outstanding with the IE8. Details with the Vulcan VB is gd as well. But of course, the details are less than the Blackbird.
icon10.gif

Feb 5, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #1,386 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my 7s i felt didint get really good till about day 4 of letting them burn in, hmm cant stop but wonder if i should have gone with the 8

Go on, you know you want to.
wink.gif

Feb 5, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #1,387 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by catchthefish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go on, you know you want to.
wink.gif

hmm i still find the bass dial a big turn off, lol i can se me getting them eventually but they certainly not a priority. and in all honesty i think of the 2 i'll like the 7 more ( hence i bought it ) its just curiosity that makes me want the 8

Feb 6, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #1,389 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luca T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have finally found and ordered on-linr the Ie8 for 195£

Well done, you'll not regret it....good price you paid, was it including delivery?

Feb 6, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #1,390 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudHarris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well done, you'll not regret it....good price you paid, was it including delivery?

I had to ad 14,99£ for european express mail!

but for who you live in Uk I think the deliver cost is about 5£

Feb 6, 2009 at 9:18 PM Post #1,393 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol, a couple of days ago the price went up to £200 but with no stock...

One thing to consider, play.com do not ship internationally.

Yeah, I saw that
confused.gif
Now they have stock, and good thing is free shipping. Just wondering, I read something about if you have a problem with the SE530's, you have to return them back to play.com. Do they take returns, because I can't seem to find it on their website.

Feb 6, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #1,394 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by thechungster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Play.com sells the IE8's for £180 at the moment.

Really?

I bought it but I didn't think to check on play.com, I wasted 15£
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back