Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Jul 17, 2009 at 6:37 AM Post #4,426 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice summary.

I am beginning to think the soundstage of IE8 is just due to poor isolation, allowing more air between your ear and the tip. But the CX6 are a great alternative that are still a bit expensive for me. I am sticking with my CX500, until I can find the CX6 sub 200$ CAD.

Have to say I disagree as when I was using foam under silicon I had better iso than my other IEMs with silicon; I couldn't hear anything with the music playing at a low level, and no way I could make out someone talking to me right next to me with the IEM inserted. All that iso with a great soundstage!

The tips I am using now don't give as good of iso, but still decent, on par with my other IEMs with silicon tips, but give even more space.

My guess is the vent and the chamber shape.

Jul 17, 2009 at 7:10 AM Post #4,427 of 8,119
Is the isolation up to par with the lower CX models of sennheiser? I wish I could go to a store and bring my own foam-under-silicone tip and try out the IE8.

Jul 17, 2009 at 9:15 AM Post #4,429 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My guess is the vent and the chamber shape.

I agree with this as well. Pretty unique. Anyway I've had my IE8s for 5 months now, and it's a purchase I'm not regretting. The cables are brilliant, the sound is brilliant for my first expensive IEM. Loving it
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 17, 2009 at 11:50 AM Post #4,430 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Scytheavatar...

That is definitely NOT the case, as stated in my opinions at the top, the IE8s have got better clarity than either of the other two IEMs - their openness, soundscape, tone, everything is tredding the fine line inbetween the E5x0 and TF10...

I have not listened to the UM2 though so I cannot comment there...

IME I can't say the line between the SE530 and TF10 is fine. The SE530 are sublime and enjoyable and the TF10 is mid-range sucked right out and treble/bass boost. This is with the amazing Comply tips. With the stock tips the TF10 are not even worth putting in my ears IMHO.

Jul 17, 2009 at 12:03 PM Post #4,431 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by willw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I shouldn't put TOO much faith in a seller's feedback. I bought a Sony microphone from an ebay seller because the price was good. The mic was clearly a fake and I got my money back. But the seller had pretty much 100% positive feedback, because of prompt delivery and good prices. (He was selling a lot of these fake mics, and other stuff too, very cheap Sony items, presumably all knock-offs).
I'd be VERY suspicious of these IE8s - they scream FAKE to me too. "overproduction directly of the manufacturer" ??!!! Please......
Can you get a refund?
If a thing seems too good (cheap) to be true - it probably is. Always best to buy high end gear from a reputable dealer. There's a general price range for most good kit which doesn't vary much from dealer to dealer, and that's the price you're going to pay for the genuine article and peace of mind.

People give good feedback before they realize the product is fake.

Jul 17, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #4,432 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by sxr71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IME I can't say the line between the SE530 and TF10 is fine. The SE530 are sublime and enjoyable and the TF10 is mid-range sucked right out and treble/bass boost. This is with the amazing Comply tips. With the stock tips the TF10 are not even worth putting in my ears IMHO.

Yikes, really? I haven't tried them, but I was always given the impression by others that if only the triple.fi 10 pro fit better, it would be absolutely outstanding.

But I can't stand v-curve sound signatures. I need my mids. And that's why, although I love my Sennheisers, but I will never get rid of my Shures, and will most likely buy whatever Shure produces next.

Jul 18, 2009 at 7:16 AM Post #4,433 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yikes, really? I haven't tried them, but I was always given the impression by others that if only the triple.fi 10 pro fit better, it would be absolutely outstanding.

But I can't stand v-curve sound signatures. I need my mids. And that's why, although I love my Sennheisers, but I will never get rid of my Shures, and will most likely buy whatever Shure produces next.

Tips tips tips...try the decay mod, helps bring the mids out more as well as improves everything else. And while you are at it, the AMP3 is a great match and really adds a 3D space dimension I was missing before
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 18, 2009 at 7:26 AM Post #4,434 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

SRH840 Headphones from Shures???
wink.gif
haha. i mean their the Top of the LIne from Shure, and they ONLY cost less than half the MSRP of the Se530...i can't stand the TF10, the High frequencies irritate me far too much, i don't mind detail but that signature of the TF10 makes me want to shoot my ears out...even with the Comply's which muffle the sound already.

Jul 19, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #4,435 of 8,119
IE8 for less than £180 vs. Westone UM3x from a dealer with bad rep for £269 or from all other stores in the UK for 345... Choice between the came down to IE8 for now and considering my last in ear cost like £20 I think I'll be more than happy

Jul 23, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #4,436 of 8,119
I had a pair of old foam tips from my IM716 laying around which I believe are the same ones that come with the ETY8.

er88-18f.jpg

I swapped these with the Comply foam I have been using under my regular Sony Silicone tips. (I feel you lose a little soundstage with the narrow opening of the Sony Hybrids)

I think I have finally found the right combo for my ears!
I got just a little more deep bass and actually had to go 1-2 notches down in volume. Just a tad brighter too. They are probably just closing up that last little bit of seal.

My subway home will be the final test!

Jul 24, 2009 at 3:48 AM Post #4,438 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by titaniumx3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How would you guys say the IE8 compare to the PX100? I know they're different, but I'd love to get the PX100 sound in a earbud form factor.

Yeah, this would probably suit you just fine then, and even though the IE8 are not my favorite they are like an upgraded PX100 or HD650.

Jul 24, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #4,440 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by duanepo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
upgraded HD650? wow... i love the sound of that! ^^

No, upgraded PX100, or HD650. Sorry - the missing punctuation does seem to change the meaning a bit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back