Sennheiser IE8 Impressions Thread
Feb 28, 2009 at 12:04 PM Post #2,236 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by dura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Double post again, this forum is ver slow lately

Make that a triple post.
wink.gif

Feb 28, 2009 at 12:21 PM Post #2,237 of 8,119
I see, apologies. Sometimes nothing seems to happen when I hit 'post', after a while I try again. Patience is a virtue...

Feb 28, 2009 at 12:44 PM Post #2,238 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by dura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see, apologies. Sometimes nothing seems to happen when I hit 'post', after a while I try again.
Patience is a virtue...

Hey dura, I don't understand... 'patience'?? What is this word? What does it mean? Did you make it up?
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2009 at 1:00 PM Post #2,239 of 8,119
LOL!

Forget it Juli, it is just something that some people think replaces good soft/hardware, it doesn't.

Feb 28, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #2,240 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It seems that a lot of IE8 users feel that the soundstaging is very large for an IEM. What is your take on this so far?

Not hearing that so far - at least not any bigger than the Westone 3.

In general, most IEM offer a "headstage" more than "soundstage", and the soundstage they do offer is usually smaller than a full size headphone where the pinna of the ear is involved in helping.

Then there is "imaging", where instruments should each have a distinct place on the stage - some phones give you a miniature performance inside the head with great instrument separation, and some give you a bigger performance with big instruments that are all sitting on top of each other in the head, or a blurring of instruments together, and some give you a bigger performance with all the instruments outside of the head and on stage.

I have not had time to assess these qualities with the IE8 while it is still being burned-in.

Feb 28, 2009 at 9:47 PM Post #2,243 of 8,119
I like to use the treble booster (iPod) for short listening sessions. When I hear for a long period it gets too fatiguing for me, though the boosted treble is of high quality. Everytime I switch back to non-EQ, I need some time to re-acclimate with the "lost" highs. But they come back after a while.

Feb 28, 2009 at 10:21 PM Post #2,244 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by montell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is anybody else also using the EQ to boost the trebles? These IEMs sound so muddy and faint when I use them without. Now I cannot live with a flat EQ anymore with these.

I can't imagine boosting the treble with the sound I'm getting. Nor are they anywhere close to muddy to me. What tips are you using?

Feb 28, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #2,246 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't imagine boosting the treble with the sound I'm getting. Nor are they anywhere close to muddy to me. What tips are you using?

x2. Burn in and placement in ear make a difference as to their sound. These have the most treble extension of any speaker/headphone I have, and the quantity is balanced with the mids and bass for me.

Feb 28, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #2,247 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by montell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am use the regular medium silicon sleeves from Sennheiser. Might be just me though

I think it's just you... The silicon sleeves bring out the treble... Which way are you wearing? Normally (Over ear) or upside down?

Feb 28, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #2,248 of 8,119
usually don't insert them in too deep; as might cause pain in some tips
also changes the sound

Mar 1, 2009 at 4:45 AM Post #2,249 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2. Burn in and placement in ear make a difference as to their sound. These have the most treble extension of any speaker/headphone I have, and the quantity is balanced with the mids and bass for me.

X3 Treble is very extended and smooth (about 120 hrs), "flat" on my touch is all would want as far as treble goes. Muddy is very very far from these
biggrin.gif

They really weren't muddy even right out of the box, just really bass heavy and had harsh non-extended highs. I actually thought the highs surpassed my se530 after about 20 hrs of burn in. Se530 are a touch dark though, at lest with the tip that fit me best ( blk olive).

Mar 1, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #2,250 of 8,119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
X3 Treble is very extended and smooth (about 120 hrs), "flat" on my touch is all would want as far as treble goes. Muddy is very very far from these
biggrin.gif

Good to hear
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Se530 are a touch dark though, at lest with the tip that fit me best ( blk olive).

Oh, absolutely. The SE530s are anything but bright (I use the same tips). That's why when I was first considering the IE8, I was so concerned about its highs (compared to the IE8).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back