Sennheiser IE8 at a reduced price, are they worth it?
Jan 16, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #16 of 20
I can also recommend the Klipsch X10/i, I've seen them sell on Amazon for <$100, and you could easily find some second hand ones for cheaper
wink.gif

Jan 16, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #17 of 20
I bought a fake IE8 since they were cheap enough to try. Here's my test result of the sound quality (from my comparative review of many headphones):

Quote:
[IE8 PICTURE COMING]

Fake Sennheiser IE8 ($27 from aliexpress.com)

FAILED at higher volumes, but passed up to near my loudness threshold.
Bass timbre: "TUUD"
Recommended for normal listeners.

I recently got my fake IE8 (I bought them knowing they're fake) and I was pleasantly surprised how genuine they look when put to the authenticity test (especially the red wires and the bass dial). Even the sound signature is spot-on. They sound close to my authentic Sennheisers, but not quite at the dangerous volumes I normally listen to. They could've fooled me for sure.

Beside the red wires (which weren't in previous fakes), the believable sound quality, and the working bass dials, there still were marks of inauthenticity: the barcode starts at the R, not after; the L and R marks were not angled as in the original; the bass cracked during my bass test while my authentic Sennheiser IEM's did not (this is hard to verify since my setup lets the signal pass through three bass boost DFX filters and two bass boost equalizers; in normal, non-loud listening volumes, the IE8 can deceive ANYONE given a double-blind experiment--granted the authentic IE8 sounds not too different from the CX500).

I would only trust authorized sellers for Sennheiser products. Unless of course I get to compare my fake IE8 with a real one and find no difference whatsoever.

Jan 17, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #18 of 20
I can also recommend the Klipsch X10/i, I've seen them sell on Amazon for <$100, and you could easily find some second hand ones for cheaper
wink.gif

Good ozzzy, The X10i are really enjoyable to listen to, and they are balanced, with the perfect sound sig, the IE80 is not bad either, they sound excellent, but the X10i are in the same league.

Jan 19, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Good ozzzy, The X10i are really enjoyable to listen to, and they are balanced, with the perfect sound sig, the IE80 is not bad either, they sound excellent, but the X10i are in the same league.

I can see 2 people talking ... but it is only a one at the end of the day.. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back