Sennheiser IE7 worth $120? Or go for IE8?
Feb 15, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #16 of 31
Wow, this is a GREAT price for the IE7.  They have been one of my favorite IEM's, though I do prefer the IE8's midrange.  However, the IE7 midrange is also very nice.  Unless you can find the IE8 for $200-$250, I don't think you can really justify passing this deal up.

Feb 17, 2011 at 3:09 AM Post #17 of 31
For 120 dollars that is a steal of a deal for the IE7's. I own the IE8's and just purchased a refurbished pair of IE7's for $94.00 on amazon.com through seller adtron (who is an Authorized Sennheiser Dealer BTW). For a new pair that is definitely worth the money. The IE8's focus more on the bass while the IE7's focus more so on the mids. I think you'd be happy with them both. I am planning on sending my IE8's in for repair once I get my IE7's as I accidentally pulled the right ear bud housing apart while trying to remove the comply foam tip. I got it back into place but I think I may have altered the sound stage a bit and also its not study like it was before.

Feb 17, 2011 at 3:42 AM Post #18 of 31
IE7s for $120 holy cow . . I heard the IE8s before but not the IE7s pretty tempting lol

Feb 17, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #19 of 31
I have both and I find myself using the IE7 more often than the IE8. Some of it is fit/comfort and some is sound preference.

Feb 17, 2011 at 12:48 PM Post #20 of 31
Just got my IE7s. I don't think they fit quite as well as my CX300s, but its also been a while, so its hard to do a comparison. I do think they fit better than the TF10, however. The sound does somewhat resemble my HD650, which I love. The bass does not feel lacking at all. Overall very smooth sound presentation.

Feb 18, 2011 at 9:31 AM Post #24 of 31
You guys say it's a steal so I stole one. So much trust around here
regular_smile%20.gif

Feb 22, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #26 of 31

Quote:
Quote:
Amazon had them for $60 new but it was a special. I absolutely hated them. Are the ie7 similar to the turbines?

The IE7's are much much cleaner sounding, and do everything the turbines do, but better. The turbines bass is so strong you feel you're driving in hip-hop loving 13yo's dream car, meaning they're fun as hell, will shake your inner organs and are brilliant with some generes, but lack definition. The ie7's on the other hand have a tighter sounding bass that is clear and although not as thumping as the turbines, still fun to listen for extended periods of time. They sound very real, and the soundstage is enormous! As to wether they are similar or not, both are dynamic drivers, so they are bound to have some similarities in their signatures, but the ie7 are more refined and better tuned, it would be hard to go wrong with the ie7's as they sound brilliant with just about anything you throw at them
smily_headphones1.gif

Do you people think that the ie7 is bassy enough to listen to electronic music or is the turbines better?

Feb 23, 2011 at 6:32 AM Post #27 of 31

Quote:
I have both and I find myself using the IE7 more often than the IE8. Some of it is fit/comfort and some is sound preference.

Sadly its a bit of the opposite for me. The IE7's fit really nice but maybe a little too nice as it hurts the inside of my ear after a while but I still love its sound signature. I feel the IE8's sound is more refined all around with more powerful and deeper bass. I wouldn't be without them both though. My ear canals are also giant so to me the bass is very nice when close to my ears ass opposed to farther away which people tend to prefer due to strong bass. I think since my ear canals are larger they accommodate for that extra bass quite nicely.

Feb 23, 2011 at 8:38 AM Post #30 of 31
$120? thats a steal buy now lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back