Sennheiser IE7 vs. UE Tri.fi 10
Apr 3, 2011 at 10:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

lukaleo

Head-Fier
I'm trying to buy a good pair of IEMs for under $200, and i've been looking at forums, so it came down to the IE7 and tri.fi 10. These two are about the same price, $170 for the IE 7's vs. $185 for the tri.fi 10. As I've been reading, it seems that the UE tri.fi 10 has much better sound quality than the IE 7's, I mean the UE tri.fi 10's seems to be in a higher leagure than the IE 7's. But, on the other hand, the UE tri.fi 10's seem to have horrible build quality, for example, cord noise and punctures, horrible fit, and in some cases the buds even fell off. I found no reviews on IE7's saying anything bad about its build quality and i've had few pairs of sennheisers (PXC450, HD650) they were very comfortable and never broke in my case. So, can anyone tell me if the UE tri.fi 10's can last longer than two years without breaking, or should i go with the IE7's instead?

Thanks

Apr 4, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #2 of 51
It all comes down to how you handle the IEM.  I've never had headphones break on me.  I carry them in my coat and jeans pocket all the time.  I don't have issue with the fit of TF10, but some people may as it has very awkward fit IMO.  I don't know why it was designed as so.  I recommend you get the TF10 if you want something fun.  

Apr 4, 2011 at 1:09 AM Post #3 of 51
thanks for your reply, but they are also ugly
frown.gif

Apr 4, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #4 of 51
My IE7s definitely feel sturdier than my other IEMs, but I tend to baby them. As for sound quality, I initially ordered some TF10s, but after doing some research I decided to sell them and get the IE7s instead. It just comes down to personal preference. What steered me toward the IE7s was that I really wanted good mids and was also worried about the durability of the TF10s.

Apr 4, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #5 of 51
oh thank you, that is exactly what i need to hear, cause i've heard TF10's also have bad customer service

i guess i'll wait a few more days, see what other people might say, you guys help alot, thank you
L3000.gif

Apr 4, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #6 of 51
FWIW: I have never had any issue with Logitech's CS. They have been flawless when it comes to handeling my cases; wether its a faulty mouse, or funky UE cable. While I havent heard the IE7's, I can say the TF10's are a very capable pair of headphones; they currently share first place with the IE8's in my headphone inventory.
I will warn though. the fit is a bit tricky with the TF10's, and is sometimes fatiguing if inserted too deep. I also find them lousy for working out or running as the sweat tends to build at the tip causing them to slide out.

PS: the beauty of the TF10's breaking on you is having a reason to reshell them into customs
wink.gif

Apr 4, 2011 at 3:11 PM Post #9 of 51
The two headphones are polar opposites. The triple-fi are good if you are planning to pay attention to what you listen to; the fastness and clarity. The IE7 are good if you plan to have music you enjoy, in the background, as you do other things; the nice decay and heavier base.
As for triple-fi  customer service, I had an easy enough time replacing my faulty ones when I first got mine.

Apr 4, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #10 of 51
I completely agree.  PFE is so niiiiceee. 
tongue.gif
  I think is better or atleast in par with IEMs 3 times its price.  Look at my sig, its part of my favorite portable setup.

Quote:
lukaleo,

why not consider the Phonak Audeo PFE112 ?
many seem to consider these as having a very nice & balanced sound

Apr 4, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #11 of 51
the PFE112 seems to have relatively worse rating than TF10's and IE7's on amazon, and im trying to get a pair with rich mid

btw why isn't IE7's gold plated, for that price, seems like it should be, or does it not matter?

Apr 4, 2011 at 3:51 PM Post #12 of 51
PFE prob get bad reviews on Amazon,  because "true"  audio peeps don't usually buy from there.  (though i did get my $65 Shure 215's from there   :)

people shopping Amazon (in general, not all) i'd think are bassheads, 

and as soon as they hear a true balanced sound,  which may not sound "fun"  or have that smily EQ curve with that over the top bass,
they say they are crap...

but many people "in the business" like them for being balanced, neutral, etc.

it all depends what you need, what you want
want a true sound to hear it as it was intended?  or you want overexagerated frequencies?  (ie,  lots of bass)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back