Sennheiser IE7 vs. UE Tri.fi 10
Apr 4, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #16 of 51
Anyway, the day will come when you eventually listen to the PFE, and you would be like "oh dayam!"
eek.gif
  "I should have listened to High_Q's advice."
smile.gif

Apr 4, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #18 of 51
i think the overall consensus is that the TF10's  have amazing sound but comfort/fit questionable on many
and the IE7's compared to TF10's better comfort and "less" amazing sound,

keep in mind that the TF10's when first released i believe were in the high $300's,  so i'd assume quality sound

i have not listened, seen, or tried on either,  so this is based on what i read.

Apr 4, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #19 of 51
Be assured that you are not missing anything if you have heard PFE already.  Look in my profile, and see what I've listened to.  My home rig is Cambridge>Elekit TU882>HD650.  I can detect SQ.

Quote:
i think the overall consensus is that the TF10's  have amazing sound but comfort/fit questionable on many
and the IE7's compared to TF10's better comfort and "less" amazing sound,

keep in mind that the TF10's when first released i believe were in the high $300's,  so i'd assume quality sound

i have not listened, seen, or tried on either,  so this is based on what i read.

Apr 4, 2011 at 4:49 PM Post #21 of 51
I can't imagine it getting better.  I will def try the new ones, I don't see what wrong with the current design.  How do you know PFEs are good if you haven't listen to them?
confused.gif

Quote:
High Q

i have not heard PFE's

you gonna get the new PFE's with dual drivers...
maybe these will be the "ones to beat"

Apr 4, 2011 at 5:04 PM Post #23 of 51
I was gonna pull the trigger on the PFE's

But then I heard that the new PFE's were gonna come out

So in the meantime I picked up my $65 Shure 215 as I figured I can't go wrong for an everyday headphone

Apr 4, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #24 of 51
have you checked out the VSonic GR07? It can be found online for ~$150 and is said to have a very reference sound.

As for the TF10 vs the IE8 in the same field; I like both of them because they each have something different they bring to the table. the IE8's have a broader presence and is about the least sibilant IEM I have heard to date. The TF10's are quick and the treble seems near endless. Although as I have stated before, the TF10 fit can be a bit finicky, and mids can lack a bit in some songs. The IE8's are an IEM I can easily fall asleep with and wake up with them still in my ears.
I have yet to hear the IE7's, but I hear very good things about it. I would still not rule them out; and to be honest with you, I plan to own them in the near future(hopefully they bring some new excitement to my listening experience).

Also, if it helps your decision, dakmart sells refurbished IE7's for ~$100, and referb IE8's for ~$170. If you dont mind going that route, I have heard they are very reliable units.

Apr 4, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #25 of 51
Lukaleo:

Stay focused on your original two choices... or you'd be opening up a can of worm that's gonna devour your wallet whole.

Don't mean to come down on the PFEs and VSonics, they have good values. But the OP had the IE7s and TF10s in mind, and that's what he should stay focused on. Otherwise, pretty soon there'd be half a dozen budget friendly IEM suggestions as there are A TON of them out there, and they all have their own appeals. Then the OP would just be better off reading through the multi-IEM reviews to check all of them out. It's all very confusing and overwhelming. So, stick with the initial two!

You should know that paying over $150 for TF10s is paying wayyyy too much. They are not worth that much, considering their comfort (not bad but affected by large size) and just general performance. But, for them having the hardwares (triple drivers and a replaceable cable), I'd give them a worth of $150 tops. (Esp. since they were on sale for under $100 brand new from amazon this past Christmas)

Now addressing some of your concerns:

- Both IE7s and TF10s are durable. The IE7s much more so. However the TF10s make up for it with replaceable (and upgradeable!) cable. 
- Yes the IE7s have better cable. Softer, more flexible. But in terms of microphonics these two are about the same, especially since you'll want to wear both of them over-the-ear and upside down. 
- Neither of these have strong mids. I mean, the mids are probably good on their own, but in terms of the whole presentation, mids are somewhat overwhelmed by other attributes.
- The IE7s have somewhat of a darker bass. There's a good quantity and quality of bass. But it feels dark. There's no better way to describe it so if you don't know what exactly "dark" means then you'll just have to hear them.
- As others have said, the IE7s have a more relaxed sound. 
- The TF10s sound has much more coloration and sound more lively. Due to the highs and quickness of BA drivers, they sound brighter. 

aleki puts it very well. But really, in the end it comes down to personal sound preferences. And until you have heard both of them yourself, you won't know for sure which one is better for you. Or maybe you'd want both, because, and I quote aleki, "they each have something different they bring to the table."

Good luck!

Apr 4, 2011 at 8:18 PM Post #26 of 51
mmm i think im gonna try the tf10 first, if it doesnt fit, then i will get the ie7....

btw the pfe, would anyone rate pfe over tf10 and ie7? they dont seem like a very popular pair, but for those who like em, they seem to give some very good ratings on em

Users who are viewing this thread

Back