Sennheiser IE7 VS IE8 Discussion Thread
Mar 23, 2009 at 9:53 AM Post #16 of 89
there is like no microphonics, the cable is uber flexible and light.

actually when u get them its the first thing you will notice, well after you spend 20 min figuring out how to get into the most over engineered box in history. you will pick them up and think what the hell!!! are these fake!!!! feels like they are made out of air!!!!

a good burn in and you will love them but they are so light its wierd

Mar 23, 2009 at 10:31 AM Post #18 of 89
i just cant make up my mind which set to go for to match up with my Cowon S9

i can get the ie7 for £117
or
the ie8 for £175

just dont know if i can justify the extra for the ie8, or if i dont get them ill kick myself later

Mar 23, 2009 at 10:55 AM Post #20 of 89
And £175 is very cheap for IE8. I wont think twice if had access to that price
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 23, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #21 of 89
hey, just needed a little help. i had been goin for a nuforce, and then a phonak (but both are unavailable here locally, and shipping costs to india are too high + customs etc zz)...so ive decided to get the klipsch custom3 or sennheiser ie6/7, all of which are available locally, prices: klipsch custom3-$200, senneheiser ie6-$200, ie7-$270...i was goin to get the custom3, but then i heard problems and kinks about the cable...i want a durable earphone, coz i dont think ill be able to send the earpiece to klipsch if any defects in the wire occurs..

all suggestions welcome...wat shld i go for?

Mar 23, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #22 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by natty15d /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just dont know if i can justify the extra for the ie8, or if i dont get them ill kick myself later

If i'd maxed my budget when I joined HeadFi I'd have a pair of L3000's now. As it is I couldn't possibly afford them now and I have several "lesser" headphones. Let that be a lesson to you.

Mar 23, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #23 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by natty15d /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just dont know if i can justify the extra for the ie8, or if i dont get them ill kick myself later

Get the IE 8. You won't regret them.
atsmile.gif

Mar 23, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #24 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by HellGuardian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey, just needed a little help. i had been goin for a nuforce, and then a phonak (but both are unavailable here locally, and shipping costs to india are too high + customs etc zz)...so ive decided to get the klipsch custom3 or sennheiser ie6/7, all of which are available locally, prices: klipsch custom3-$200, senneheiser ie6-$200, ie7-$270...i was goin to get the custom3, but then i heard problems and kinks about the cable...i want a durable earphone, coz i dont think ill be able to send the earpiece to klipsch if any defects in the wire occurs..

all suggestions welcome...wat shld i go for?

The Klipsch and Sennheisers have completely different kind of sound signatures. However if you are concern about durability, the IEs are the way to go. The cables are just great. Sennheiser also offer a standard two year warranty (not sure about India though), compared to Klipsch's one year.

Mar 23, 2009 at 11:05 PM Post #25 of 89
just an add...im also gettin the klipsch x10 for $250, but i dint mention it, presuming ie7 is better. am i right? just to mention, i do need some bass, not the rattling kind, and i only listen to metal...also does the x10 protrude out too much from the ear, and hows the wire on it?

Mar 23, 2009 at 11:18 PM Post #26 of 89
For metal you want a dynamic IEM, which would mean the IE series, Turbines, or Atrios.
I had the phonaks with metal, and the music was too demanding for them, and I believe the same would go for most armeture IEMs.
I now have atrios, and they are just a tad slow and uncontrolled (unamped, yet to hear them amped).
The IE7 should be better than the X10, more neutral.
However, if possible, always go for the IE8 if you like bass.

Mar 23, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #28 of 89
hmm im kinda scared that the bass on the ie7 isnt going to have the good impact and punch and quantity that i like. how would u guys rate the ie7's based on bass impact/punch? number 1-10, 10 being a ton of bass. if theres someone who has ie7's and x10's, a direct comparison would be great! thanks!

btw, i did read ur comment earlier mark and thanks for that, it helped a lot. im just waiting to see if theirs any other comments about it.

Mar 24, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #29 of 89
I'm really tempted by our local price of the ie8 which is around US$267. Since I heard good comment about its lows, I'm wondering if any1 has compared it with the lows of UE sf 5pro? I don't listen to metal but I do need good bass performance for other kinds. I mainly use IEM for pop and rock.

Mar 24, 2009 at 6:01 AM Post #30 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by my.self /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm im kinda scared that the bass on the ie7 isnt going to have the good impact and punch and quantity that i like. how would u guys rate the ie7's based on bass impact/punch? number 1-10, 10 being a ton of bass. if theres someone who has ie7's and x10's, a direct comparison would be great! thanks!

btw, i did read ur comment earlier mark and thanks for that, it helped a lot. im just waiting to see if theirs any other comments about it.

well as i said i feel it has a ton but im sure the 8 has more

Users who are viewing this thread

Back