Sennheiser IE300 Review & Measurements
Jan 12, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #46 of 738
Oh man, I thought I was done. C'mon, who an I kidding; we're never done. They're on the list and just waiting for the release. I havent seen any comments yet on how they isolate. Anyone able to comment?

Jan 12, 2021 at 8:35 PM Post #47 of 738
The initial Crinacle hot take isn't that encouraging. I'm sure Senn will sell plenty because of their brand goodwill, but man--$300 IEMs have come a long way even in just the past 2 years due to the rapid iterations based on customer feedback from China.

Jan 12, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #48 of 738
Oh man, I thought I was done. C'mon, who an I kidding; we're never done. They're on the list and just waiting for the release. I havent seen any comments yet on how they isolate. Anyone able to comment?

They isolate pretty well and stay securely in your ears. The insertion is a good balance between depth in the ear and actual placement in the ear.

Jan 12, 2021 at 9:45 PM Post #49 of 738
The initial Crinacle hot take isn't that encouraging. I'm sure Senn will sell plenty because of their brand goodwill, but man--$300 IEMs have come a long way even in just the past 2 years due to the rapid iterations based on customer feedback from China.

Yeah. IEM's have come a long way from my perspective. I actually use Samsung Galaxy Buds+ because of how convenient they are especially at work. However if you asked which IEMs I use on a daily basis I would say they're on the cheaper side like the FAD E3000's, Tin T2's, Moondrop Starfields... I've been there, done that with expensive IEM's and they're just not worth it. They break just as easily as a pair of $50 IEM's and the technical prowess of head gear is best left at home where they can be fully appreciated.

Granted one of my favorite pair of earphones is a set of Sennheiser IE80's despite their reviews, to me they sound natural when it comes to dynamics compared to many chifi offerings.

Also Crinacle's sound preference isn't for everyone. A shouty IEM like the Thieaudio Legacy 3 or the ER4XR he calls neutral. So to each their own.

Jan 12, 2021 at 10:26 PM Post #50 of 738
20210113_111828.jpg

VS

20210113_111955.jpg

☺️

Jan 12, 2021 at 10:30 PM Post #51 of 738
Also Crinacle's sound preference isn't for everyone. A shouty IEM like the Thieaudio Legacy 3 or the ER4XR he calls neutral. So to each their own.
Yeah this thread actually spurred me to go through his list of reviews on his website and... there's a lot that doesn't seem to make any sense to me. He seems to be almost all-or-nothing with something matching his exact perfect tone. For me personally, about 75% of what I look for in an earphone is technicality and ability to reproduce microdetail without distortion... and I don't mind if that comes with a bass-forward signature, a harman-tuned signature, a v-shaped signature. Maybe that explains such a stark difference in opinion. And that's where the IE500 Pro stand out to me... sure they're a little dark and rolled off with treble, but the detail they resolve and the clarity of black background is unmatched in my listening.

Jan 13, 2021 at 4:30 AM Post #53 of 738
The noise isolation is around 25 dB. It is nearly as good as Sennheiser’s well regarded PRO series earphones, but use a softer and thinner eartip material for enhanced long-term wearing comfort.

Jan 13, 2021 at 6:33 AM Post #54 of 738
1610537582529.png

Jan 13, 2021 at 6:40 AM Post #55 of 738
Lovely, front & back..
1610538000692.png

Jan 13, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #58 of 738
Yeah. IEM's have come a long way from my perspective. I actually use Samsung Galaxy Buds+ because of how convenient they are especially at work. However if you asked which IEMs I use on a daily basis I would say they're on the cheaper side like the FAD E3000's, Tin T2's, Moondrop Starfields... I've been there, done that with expensive IEM's and they're just not worth it. They break just as easily as a pair of $50 IEM's and the technical prowess of head gear is best left at home where they can be fully appreciated.

Granted one of my favorite pair of earphones is a set of Sennheiser IE80's despite their reviews, to me they sound natural when it comes to dynamics compared to many chifi offerings.

Well said and I agree.

Jan 13, 2021 at 6:10 PM Post #59 of 738
I still have my IE-8s (purch'd early 2009). Their cables needed replacement after over 5 years of daily use. But reliable AF!! Sound .... a bit bassy (even with bass control port at min) but speed and punch are hard to beat. I never did upgrade to IE-80s or 800s (or any other Senn IEMs).
On the Senn IE-300 product page, it says something about the 300s being modeled on the ie-800s, which is good thing, I think, given the $700 price diff. Yeah .. the ie-800s have been out for about 6-7 years now ...so economy of scale???
Looks like I may have to upgrade after 12 years!
I have several other high-end IEMs in my possession. But the IE-8s always hold a special place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back