Sennheiser IE 6 or Monster Turbines In Ear
Jul 8, 2010 at 7:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Gfunk

New Head-Fier
So im looking to purchase a new set of in ear phones and im stuck between these 2.

The Sennheiser IE 6
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00125UBUG/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

&

Monster Turbines
Amazon.com: Monster Turbine High-Performance In-Ear Speakers: Electronics

Im mainly looking as to whjich one has the better bass response, amount of bass etc but also has a better overall sound. But i definately need the bass to be prominent

Thanks for replies and to help me decide

Jul 8, 2010 at 9:34 PM Post #3 of 7
I have the original Monster Turbines, as well as the Gold and Copper Pro versions, all are extremely good.  I don't have the IE6, but it's bigger brother the IE8, which is also excellent after some burn-in, and Sennheiser's IE line have a great reputation.

I believe the original Turbine should be fine, and the price is reasonable.  It is a bit warmer than the Pros, but the detail and overall smoothness are still incredible, especially with the level, depth, and quality of the bass.  The build quality may not be quite as good as the Senn, but I haven't had any problems with my Turbines.

Jul 9, 2010 at 1:43 AM Post #4 of 7
Owned both for a short while.  The MT had more bass impact, but overall the IE6 is more refined, bass too, plus it's a lot lighter than the MT and I felt the Sennheiser quality is still notches above Monster regardless of their lifetime warranty on the pro line.

Aug 6, 2010 at 12:43 PM Post #6 of 7
And what about clarity, detail, comfort, warmth and Noise Isolation?
Is the ie6 good for Meditionmusic (calm, harmonious)?
Rap, Hip-Hop, RnB, Dance Hall, Folk, Pop, Reggae..........etc.
Which genre does not work good or not too well?

Aug 6, 2010 at 12:49 PM Post #7 of 7
Is it normal for the Monster Turbines, that, in busy passages (Rock), the music sounds like a terrible blur?
You can't recognize the music anymore. It really hurts afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back