1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser HD820

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by Dulalala, Apr 29, 2017.
First

Back
127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136
138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147
Next

Last
  1. sly_in_the_sky
    I also use the HDV 820 with the 800s and the sound is incredible. More bass slam than with the HDV 800 and also sweeter treble.

macbob713 likes this.
  2. YesThisIs
    OT but i actually lol'd a little bit for that comment. Imagine reading this in the HD820 manual:
    "For optimal listening experience, Sennheiser recommends shaving your head bald for perfect fit every listening session."

3. macbob713
    Beautiful set up
    Nicely wired rig.
    Nicely wired rig.

Vitaly2017 likes this.
  4. cas77
    macbob713 and trellus like this.
  5. Rchandra
    The problem with them is they don't go into what they hate about the product I trust reviewers more that have balls to bash a product without being afraid of losing their free bees lol.... But damn if I got free units to review I would say good things too lmao

Monsterzero and Vitaly2017 like this.
  6. Beagle
    This is it exactly. And if you have a light seal, the bass is also light. If you have a tighter seal (via adjustment) the bass 'fills in' the bottom of the headphone from side to side, a common bass distortion on closed headphones....but obviously unacceptable at the 820 price, especially considering a LCD-2 Closed and MrSpeakers Ether C have no such problem whatsoever..

I tried not to think about it, and just enjoyed the clean top and clear open midrange, but it eventually got to me again.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    QueueCumber likes this.
  7. Maelob
    Thanks so much, very useful for us Z1R owners that like them, I am not planning to part with them yet.

Rchandra likes this.
  8. Rchandra
    The z1r are a great pair of headphones like any headphone you will have flaws but realistically if the hd820 was a clear upgrade to them I would admit to it. But in all honesty what you're paying for what your me getting well it's just not worth it if you dished out your hard earned money already. Enjoy your cans and when a good deal comes up and you feel like it's the right move to make get them. But for now I think I am going to wait for a Bluetooth version of a hd820 because to me then that massive asking price is worth it imo

Maelob and Bern2 like this.
  9. Beagle
    I find the 820 to be the much better headphone, except for the inconsistent bass due to the dodgy fit. If they could design a decent set of pads for them, they'd have a winner. Either that or design a tighter fitting headband and build vents in the earcups.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    QueueCumber likes this.
  10. Rchandra
    Yeah not me though. I find the z1r to be the fun and exiting headphone while the hd820 is more reference well kind of reference anyway

Hoegaardener70 likes this.
  11. pietcux
    Again the HD820 fits my skull perfectly. So maybe this is an isolated problem for some users. I just did put them on and had a great sound from the start. If for you the fit is off, there will probably be no cure for that. I would have bought it. But I have the HD800SD plus the Z1R and Z7. I found no reason to jump on HD820 right now. Might wait this out and get a used one in a few years though.

macbob713 and QueueCumber like this.
  12. Mark Up
    Having two optional pads, velour for those who want less warmth and a bit more spacious sound, at the cost of more leakage and a bit more treble, all leather / pleather for better seal, more bass, and perhaps adjustable venting (to make them a bit semi-open allowing for less resonance, or keep them stock) would be a nice interesting upgrade if they ever decide to make an upscale HD820s model. I'm sure there are other small changes to address customer feedback possible.

13. Audiotic
    Would the Dekoni pads do the trick? https://dekoniaudio.com/product/dek...rid-ear-pads-for-sennheiser-hd800-headphones/
    Seems they work for the 820 as well. Anyone having experience with Dekoni?

14. JabenZ
  15. Art Garfunkel
    They've bashed lots of things.

First

Back
127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136
138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147
Next

Last