Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary)
Sep 13, 2023 at 5:04 AM Post #8,026 of 8,814
Sep 13, 2023 at 5:24 AM Post #8,027 of 8,814
Hi guys!
just bought HD800S
will be paired on FiiO M17

seeing they have included both 6,3 and 4,4mm cables.

Is the 4,4mm balanced stock cable good enough or do I have to search for something better?

giving a quick sight on ebay but there is the "world" of choice:
https://www.ebay.it/sch/i.html?_fro...570.l1313&_nkw=hd800s+balanced+cable&_sacat=0
or also maybe here on head-fier market?

thank you in advance!
It’s fine, except over time, senn cables may develop a casing break over years….course if you’re a cable person with a preferred cabler, go for it. But that’s your call. I love my prion 4 but whichever.

Sep 13, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #8,028 of 8,814
It’s fine, except over time, senn cables may develop a casing break over years….course if you’re a cable person with a preferred cabler, go for it. But that’s your call. I love my prion 4 but whichever.
Thank you mate!
in the meantime I realized from the seller they come only with 6,5mm cable, so I have to buy balanced cable for my M17 4,4/2,5 input...Any suggestion to get something good avoiding overspending?

Sep 13, 2023 at 10:17 PM Post #8,030 of 8,814
Thank you mate!
in the meantime I realized from the seller they come only with 6,5mm cable, so I have to buy balanced cable for my M17 4,4/2,5 input...Any suggestion to get something good avoiding overspending?
My HD800s came with a balanced, 4.4mm cable. I used that for months until I switched to Cardas Clear. The switch was good, but not incredibly necessary.

Sep 16, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #8,031 of 8,814
Guys,
my hd800s should arrive on Monday.
I asked to my "cable pusher" to prepare me a palladium-silver-gold balanced cable...

Sep 21, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #8,032 of 8,814
ok thx for the assistance i will try return it i hope they will respect the 14 day refund
just an update on the headphone in the end, they didn't refund me and not even give me new headphones, the store said they need to send it to be tested and the test said it's all good, I give them a video that even retard can see a problem but they still don't respect it RIP 1700$

here is the video

sorry no English speaking here basically i put the headphones with 2 different amps and had sound issues, in the end, i switched to hd6xx and there is no sound issue I also tried with a different dac and pc same issue but didn't record it. i didn't think this guys would say headphones are all good well crap i should have gathered more evidence for this clowns i guess when u get a faulty unit in Sennheiser is saying goodbye to your money..

Sep 21, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #8,033 of 8,814
You’ve done what you’ve done but what is the stated return policy, in Canada each store sets its policy it’s law that 30 days for defects, in Canada we have the right to reject product with a caveat of stated retail policy that negates this.

the warning is know your rights and deal with retail that meets your exchange needs.

and I’d take it to the manufacturer directly. They may have a defect policy of 1 year.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #8,034 of 8,814
just an update on the headphone in the end, they didn't refund me and not even give me new headphones, the store said they need to send it to be tested and the test said it's all good, I give them a video that even retard can see a problem but they still don't respect it RIP 1700$

here is the video

sorry no English speaking here basically i put the headphones with 2 different amps and had sound issues, in the end, i switched to hd6xx and there is no sound issue I also tried with a different dac and pc same issue but didn't record it. i didn't think this guys would say headphones are all good well crap i should have gathered more evidence for this clowns i guess when u get a faulty unit in Sennheiser is saying goodbye to your money..

Sennheisser has 24month (2yr) warranty, contact them direct and let them know about your crap retailer as well.

Sep 21, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #8,036 of 8,814
Sep 23, 2023 at 7:18 AM Post #8,039 of 8,814
Ok I have just bought another pair of the HD800S after selling them 2 year ago :relaxed: What a hobby this is.
I guess its the comfort that I really miss about these and of course its nice to have a different sound signature every now and then.

However I will be looking to use EQ as I would like to tame the treble a touch as I know I used to do this in the past.
Maybe also give the bass a little boost as I used to love my HD800S with my Ifi Micro SD with the bass boost on. So I would like to try this.
I am a novice with EQ and I use Roon so woule be using this to do it.
Anyone have any setttings they could share or any tips. All advice welcome as I can experiment when i receive them.

Sep 23, 2023 at 8:00 AM Post #8,040 of 8,814
Maybe this,.

IMG_3869.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back