Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary)
Jul 5, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #3,556 of 8,761
Didnt call you out.

It was your curse word and assumption that did it for you.

Your assumption “That I must be really dumb” for buying something that I have not demo’d, and which if I did not like, I have then obviously wasted 1-2k, in the process.

It would of been so much better, dare I say nicer ? had you not jumped to conclusions and used an acronym and an assumption to chastise me with.

“Tossing up on a forum with 2 different species” ? Huh ?, it is the HD800S thread, correct ? oops, sorry, I completely forgot that it was wrong to post on the internet.

Please do not try to shift blame onto me for your fantastic outburst. I have myself been guilty of the same, however, I usually, but not always, admit to them without needing to use my deflector shield.

Will repeat, If I do not like, “they can be returned for a full refund within 14 days”.

With the exception of software, music cd’s and underwear.

Why underwear, I do not know, you would have to ask those who made that law.

Please, no more assumptions that ££££ = idiot, it probably does in my case, but only on a monday, and its Thursday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 5, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #3,557 of 8,761
Jul 5, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #3,558 of 8,761
1, Paul Huca < name

2, I really am dumb, because I am replying to an ?

3, Wear them on my head when dancing around the fire whilst shouting G’day mate sheila’s avving a barbie. < Does not care what sheila calls her baby.

P.S

You won.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 5, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #3,561 of 8,761
I wish it were easier to demo headphones. I'm really lucky to have a dealer near me with demo models of virtually every headphone ever made hanging from the walls. But those are only full-sized cans. Trying out IEMs is indeed a lot like trying out underwear.

Jul 5, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #3,562 of 8,761
I wish it were easier to demo headphones. I'm really lucky to have a dealer near me with demo models of virtually every headphone ever made hanging from the walls. But those are only full-sized cans. Trying out IEMs is indeed a lot like trying out underwear.
You're so lucky. I can only wish to have a headphone dealer in my area with a wall of goodies on it like that. I bought most of my headphones blindly, including my HD 800S's. Lucky for me the HD 800S's proved to be phenomenal cans.

Jul 5, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #3,564 of 8,761
After a month of using it, I need more bass impact! Probably getting the Schiit Loki soon enough. Dunno how much it will help but hopefully satisfying.

Won't help that much but worth a shot. Sonarworks > Schiit Loki by a literal mile, though not sure it would solve your bass issue either.

Need more bass? What the hey, there is either bass in the track or no. If there is, 800S has plenty, if not you get what you get.

You should try something like the LCD-X.

Jul 5, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #3,565 of 8,761
Need more bass? What the hey, there is either bass in the track or no. If there is, 800S has plenty, if not you get what you get.

It comes down to personal taste, he 'wants' more bass.

Jul 5, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #3,566 of 8,761
I don’t need mo bass course if I do I have a full mod th900

Jul 5, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #3,567 of 8,761
You're so lucky. I can only wish to have a headphone dealer in my area with a wall of goodies on it like that. I bought most of my headphones blindly, including my HD 800S's. Lucky for me the HD 800S's proved to be phenomenal cans.

Snap, not out of choice mind you, its just that when it comes to music related stores in my city, HMV closed down and Argos took over.

Thats how bad my situation is, HMV was the “best” music related store in my....would call it a city but now its actually more appropriate to call it a wasteland instead.

We may curse Sony at times, but they had the remarkable insight to close down and leave 15 years ago, long before tumbleweeds became the most numerous road user.

Its remarkable what and how quickly, happens to a city which was built on oil, but has now ran out. It deserves to be a 60 minute documentary on the discovery channel, wait, 45 minutes, forgot about the commercials.

Probably called something like, “Wasteland, World war 3 from space”.

Just think of, and imagine the day after the night before in Chernobyl.

That really is the speed that Oil companies move at when relocating due to the overinflated price of a barrel of oil or down turn in business because of X.

X being anything an oil company wants it to be, trust me, X really can be Y if you have the money.

Anyway, for me, the best I can hope to demo is a pair of.........

Grado’s.

How unlucky am I.

My cans arrive on saturday, so it looks like friday is gunna be a no alcohol day. Door needs to be answered or I will have to wait til monday.

Not sure ADHD can survive til then.

Jul 5, 2018 at 8:47 PM Post #3,568 of 8,761
Snap, not out of choice mind you, its just that when it comes to music related stores in my city, HMV closed down and Argos took over.

Thats how bad my situation is, HMV was the “best” music related store in my....would call it a city but now its actually more appropriate to call it a wasteland instead.

We may curse Sony at times, but they had the remarkable insight to close down and leave 15 years ago, long before tumbleweeds became the most numerous road user.

Its remarkable what and how quickly, happens to a city which was built on oil, but has now ran out. It deserves to be a 60 minute documentary on the discovery channel, wait, 45 minutes, forgot about the commercials.

Probably called something like, “Wasteland, World war 3 from space”.

Just think of, and imagine the day after the night before in Chernobyl.

That really is the speed that Oil companies move at when relocating due to the overinflated price of a barrel of oil or down turn in business because of X.

X being anything an oil company wants it to be, trust me, X really can be Y if you have the money.

Anyway, for me, the best I can hope to demo is a pair of.........

Grado’s.

How unlucky am I.

My cans arrive on saturday, so it looks like friday is gunna be a no alcohol day. Door needs to be answered or I will have to wait til monday.

Not sure ADHD can survive til then.
Well said. The one headphone store in my area also sell, you guessed it, Grado's. Go figure..... Although St. Louis isn't at the point of your city, majority of the Malls here are closing down. All of that space is like a wasteland. When I drive pass them it just leaves me with memories of the days of old. It's kind of sad when you think about it.

Lucky for us we have a great community of headphone enthusiast. We can get so much insight into what the headphones we might be interested in will sound like long before we buy them. It really helps me to narrow down my options since I'm unable to demo them. I love it!

The HD 800S's really are good sounding headphones. They really compete very well against other TOTL offerings. You really can't go wrong with them in my opinion

Jul 6, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #3,569 of 8,761
say it takes your brain a month to fully hear what’s coming out of the headphones / via burn in (I don’t believe this), then if you are a/bing headphones, the sand will shift under your feet.
Still I suppose you have to like the unburned in sound first....
It’s maybe demo units are burnt in and it’s not your brain......

Jul 6, 2018 at 6:25 PM Post #3,570 of 8,761
Perhaps I am the only one that has some discomfort with the HD800(s) headband but I found a solution close to hand and sharing the info here: buy a replacement headband for any beyerdynamic pro headphone (or even cheaper copy) and remove the original padding. Click on the beyerdynamic headband = no more discomfort (for my head, ymmv)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back