Sennheiser HD800 Appreciation Thread
Feb 3, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #1,846 of 6,607
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry dude, the the T1s are not coloured? They are pretty darn neutral!

neutral and fun?

or just neutral?
beyersmile.png

Feb 4, 2010 at 2:26 AM Post #1,847 of 6,607
Quote:

Originally Posted by David.M /img/forum/go_quote.gif
neutral and fun?

or just neutral?
beyersmile.png

Neutral and musical. They are not fun like the RS1s or D7000s.
beyersmile.png

Feb 4, 2010 at 4:17 AM Post #1,849 of 6,607
Quote:

Originally Posted by EugeneK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just built a B22 for mine (S/N 326).
biggrin.gif

I like!
beerchug.gif

Feb 4, 2010 at 10:24 AM Post #1,850 of 6,607
Yhea but according to every HD800 and T1 comparison i have read so far,the T1 are less neutral than the HD800...
Please do a comparison when your HD800 arrives and then we'll know for sure
regular_smile .gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry dude, the the T1s are not coloured? They are pretty darn neutral!

Feb 4, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #1,853 of 6,607
Quote:

Originally Posted by pearljam5000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
warmer=more bass?

No, I wouldn't say that. The T1 bottom end has more impact. Bass notes have more "body". Neither are D7000's or DX1000's.
wink.gif
The HD800 possibly has a little more extension - goes lower, but it is marginal. When I say warmer, think of colour temperature, not bass quantity.

Feb 4, 2010 at 1:55 PM Post #1,855 of 6,607
Quote:

Originally Posted by pearljam5000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you think one is better than the other or is it just a matter of taste?

It's always a matter of taste.
wink.gif
Both are excellent phones. I prefer the T1. I find the HD800 a little "cold and sterile" sounding and I have issues with the over exaggerated "headspace" - not every recording needs to image like it was recorded in a room 10 miles wide and 2 mile high. The T1 is more of an "all rounder". I find myself listening to the music rather than the quality of the recording.

Feb 4, 2010 at 2:18 PM Post #1,856 of 6,607
Quote:

Originally Posted by Parafeed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif
Both are excellent phones. I prefer the T1. I find the HD800 a little "cold and sterile" sounding and I have issues with the over exaggerated "headspace" - not every recording needs to image like it was recorded in a room 10 miles wide and 2 mile high. The T1 is more of an "all rounder". I find myself listening to the music rather than the quality of the recording.

VERY well put, IMO.

Feb 4, 2010 at 2:21 PM Post #1,857 of 6,607
Quote:

Originally Posted by Parafeed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif

I totally agree with your assessment of the HD800 and T1 neutrality and although it's been a month since I heard the HD800s (my new ones don't arrive until tomorrow), I did prefer the T1's presentation too (which is why I bought them first).

That's not to say the T1s were the better headphone. At this level, it's more about preferences.

bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 10, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #1,858 of 6,607
I don't know, what to say... is there discrimination inside EU of small countries, with fewer customers? Or should I blame homeland company, from where I ordered HD 800? Or was it really so, that bigger reselling companies pre-ordered so many HD 800, much before I could give in my pre-order? Am i first who got (through local dealer) HD 800 in Baltic states?
OK, at least s/n on my HD 800 is nice, finishing with 00.

So 2 days ago I received... when I first put them on (after 0 hours burn-in, or should I say before 0 hours burn-in?), I was a little surpriced. I thought that the headphones were really good but nothing so-so-so-so special. First reactive-imaginative thought was, that it sound is like 'top-level spy' - responsive, neutral (or is there real equanimity?), fast, calm, 'wide' and, maybe, with 'license to kill', like artistic 007...
But... yes, soundstage is wide, expansive (is it deep too?), yes sound is neutral (or is it calm?), yes it's liquid (or is it little soft on on one part of mid-high area?), yes it's easely revealing sound WAVES pressure (or is it just slamming with sound, trying to simulate loudspeakers abilities to move big air?)....

But... with good recordings it's sound or recording sound reproduction is really touching your heart (that's right, I/You can 'feel' it; psycho-acoustic effect is like with so-called 'NLP' devices, or... are some recordings so special?!). Haven't heared Beyer Tesla T1 yet, maybe they are even more really touching heart/soul, as some reviewers are saying. Are those 'guys in audio business' working hard on this subject (like Hollywood and marketing giants are nowadays doing on 'NLP' area)? But... same time, with all those (and other/more) thoughts, I can't say that sound of top headphones (HD 800 included) are somehow so 'very openly manipulated' i.e. distorted.

It's right time -to start to 'feed' it with white and pink noise and with other helpful burn-in/break-in methods. 'See' (hear or feel), what's happening...

Feb 10, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #1,859 of 6,607
I agree with some of you that have said the HD800 is a little bit analytical. I guess it's a matter of taste. I am really liking them in stock form but I just received my new Double Helix cables "Complement" and this cable makes them a killer IMO.
It keeps the soundstaging and three dimensional presentation of the music but it does it in a warmer and more musical way. The bass got deeper and with more control. This is with the cables just out of the box I can't wait to listen to them after 200 hours of burn-in.
Here are some pictures:
CIMG1258.jpg

CIMG1260-1.jpg

CIMG1262.jpg

CIMG1263.jpg

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back