Sennheiser HD800 Appreciation Thread
Jul 27, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #6,601 of 6,607
Good day to you all. I have a small problem with one pair of my 800 and wondered if anyone has an answer. I emailed Senn support but never heard back. The headphone adjustment will not hold any setting. It has become loose.......... Thank you.
It is a relatively easy fix....
I wondered if it was safe to slightly compress the black section over the silver metal strap to tighten it a bit.

..........under the padding the very thin metal holding the ball bearing just needs to be lightly bent in as shown with a blunt object. My HD800S would also literally just slip on their own, problem solved.
IMG_8150.JPG

Jul 27, 2023 at 11:55 AM Post #6,602 of 6,607

..........under the padding the very thin metal holding the ball bearing just needs to be lightly bent in as shown with a blunt object. My HD800S would also literally just slip on their own, problem solved.

I love posts like these that provide a detailed fix to a nagging problem. They are gold. 👍

Jul 28, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #6,603 of 6,607

IMG_8150.JPG
Very insightful and simple. Thanks!

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jul 30, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #6,604 of 6,607
Now that the original HD800 is no longer sold by Sennheiser, where can I get Sennheiser-brand replacement earpads? I’ve written them twice on their Support section of their website but gotten NO response.

Thanks!

Jul 30, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #6,605 of 6,607
Now that the original HD800 is no longer sold by Sennheiser, where can I get Sennheiser-brand replacement earpads? I’ve written them twice on their Support section of their website but gotten NO response.

Thanks!
I think you can get them at Audio46 and also Amazon has pairs sometimes.

Jul 30, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #6,606 of 6,607
Well, I purchased the 800 SDR weeks ago and I've enjoyed revisiting a modded classic.

I prefer this sound to the 800S personally.

That being said, I'll probably be moving on at some point.
As much as I've enjoyed it, multiple headphones I have tend to best it in about every single way.

Amazing that these Sennheiser designs have held up for so long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back