Sennheiser HD660S... Finally a successor for the HD650?
Mar 2, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #8,086 of 9,618
I've been looking for an upgrade to my 650s for years so figured I might as well try out the 660 despite the reviews. Definitely prefer the 650, even with eq. I have no idea what Sennheiser was thinking with the stock tuning as to me it really just sounds unpleasant with a lot of music. Oh well.

Mar 4, 2022 at 8:14 AM Post #8,087 of 9,618
I've been looking for an upgrade to my 650s for years so figured I might as well try out the 660 despite the reviews. Definitely prefer the 650, even with eq. I have no idea what Sennheiser was thinking with the stock tuning as to me it really just sounds unpleasant with a lot of music. Oh well.
I can’t disagree. While I wouldn’t go so far as to say I found them actively unpleasant with any of the music I listen to (all forms of jazz, small scale classical, Grateful Dead, etc.), I did feel they were a step down from the 580/600/650 in every aspect, both physical and sonic. I’m sure many would disagree, but I liked the paint jobs on the older models. The plain black plastic just looks unfinished and cheap to me, which I can’t say actually changes the sound, but it definitely negatively affects the whole experience, the older models exuding a feeling of luxury the 660S somehow lacks.

Mar 6, 2022 at 7:07 AM Post #8,089 of 9,618
And since you want to come on this forum and embarrass yourself. Let me help you be more effective at it. Explain to me how i would have this pic since you like to act like you know so much about what i own or have owned. All you proved is that you're one of those certified idiot types

Screenshot_20220222-192024.png

Owned and sold for the third time haha. I gave this headphone every chance to be what i needed. It just wasn't for me
You don’t need to prove yourself to anyone, certainly not some newb who feels compelled to proselytize irrationally about his own gear to make himself feel better. His posts are not reality-based - don’t let him get you worked up.

Just another internet troll posting without consequence. Ignore him.

Mar 21, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #8,091 of 9,618
Sennheiser made a post a while ago about moving the 6 series production back to Ireland. Has anyone got the new ireland 660s?

Mar 21, 2022 at 7:04 PM Post #8,092 of 9,618
Need Help, My friend is traveling to US in April, planning to get HD660s through him, appreciate if can suggest from where can I buy those headphones.
He can order via on line @ Headphones.com. He can also order from Audio46. If he is in NYC, he can stop in and pick them up himself....

Mar 26, 2022 at 3:39 PM Post #8,096 of 9,618
I'm considering the 660S as an upgrade to the PC38X headset that I've used for the past year as my daily all-purpose headphone. My main usage is gaming (Warzone/COD mostly) and that's where I'd like to hear an improvement, with secondary usage being music, videos, and anything else audio that may come out of my PC. I don't need the integrated mic that the PC38X has. I like the PC38X, but am wondering if my gaming experience will improve with the 660S. I would be wearing them ~8 hours per day off and on.

My question: How does the 660S compare to the 38X in my usage scenario?

I realize this may get a better response in the Video Games forum and I may ask there as well, but I'm really interested in what 660S users have to say. I'd appreciate any comments. Thanks.

Mar 27, 2022 at 3:32 AM Post #8,097 of 9,618
I'm considering the 660S as an upgrade to the PC38X headset that I've used for the past year as my daily all-purpose headphone. My main usage is gaming (Warzone/COD mostly) and that's where I'd like to hear an improvement, with secondary usage being music, videos, and anything else audio that may come out of my PC. I don't need the integrated mic that the PC38X has. I like the PC38X, but am wondering if my gaming experience will improve with the 660S. I would be wearing them ~8 hours per day off and on.

My question: How does the 660S compare to the 38X in my usage scenario?

I realize this may get a better response in the Video Games forum and I may ask there as well, but I'm really interested in what 660S users have to say. I'd appreciate any comments. Thanks.

You would lose the benefit of having an angled driver, I have both HD560S and HD660S, and I play with the 560S.

Mar 27, 2022 at 3:03 PM Post #8,098 of 9,618
You would lose the benefit of having an angled driver, I have both HD560S and HD660S, and I play with the 560S.
I was wondering about the angled drivers. I went ahead and ordered them from Amazon though. I'll give em a try and see. If I'm not happy, back they go. Thanks for the response.

Mar 28, 2022 at 9:33 AM Post #8,099 of 9,618
Hi,

By any chance does anyone have an ifi zen dac signature 6xx and the HD660s, and do you actually use the 6xx tone preset for the 660s?

Many thanks if you can help!

Mar 29, 2022 at 6:32 AM Post #8,100 of 9,618
By any chance does anyone have an ifi zen dac signature 6xx and the HD660s, and do you actually use the 6xx tone preset for the 660s?

The feedback we got about ZEN CAN Signature 6XX is that its tone preset works well HD 600, HD 650, HD 6XX and 660s as well. Hope this helps, thanks!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back