Sennheiser HD660S... Finally a successor for the HD650?
Jan 1, 2022 at 7:50 PM Post #8,011 of 9,628
I am using the THX onyx the last 2 weeks .( Thanks to Ichos recommendation) .
And I really wonder how is it possible to sound something so small so good ? Honestly it sounds better ( to me) than all that I have desktop or portables dac amps like nano ,micro ,zen,btr5,k5 pro , it sounds better than my big Harman Kardon.
Connected to PC via USB 3.0 it has so much power even my Sundara sound great on that little DAC amp .
Again thank u Ichos great choice.

I'm having the same experience with the Fiio Q3 THX-AAA, I just can't believe how good the 4.4mm output sounds. I believe the highs are better on this Q3 than the BTR5 which apparently has harsher less pleasing treble. Even low gain is plenty for the Sundara and hd6XX.

Attachments

• DSC_4516.jpg
    DSC_4516.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Jan 4, 2022 at 6:09 AM Post #8,015 of 9,628
Contact Sennheiser directly if the pads don’t show up on their website. I just did a search and could not find them anywhere outside of Europe..but they’re undoubtedly for sale in the US also:)
I always order directly from Sennheiser. The pads are never on sale anywhere and Sennheiser pays for shipment👍

Jan 4, 2022 at 8:21 AM Post #8,016 of 9,628
Guys where can i get replacement pads in the US or China and receive the new updated pads?
Their spare parts website will list it as out of stock, but if you call them and give them the part number they most likely have some.

This Annoyingly happened to me last year and they said they were going to fix the site, maybe not.

Jan 4, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #8,017 of 9,628
Their spare parts website will list it as out of stock, but if you call them and give them the part number they most likely have some.

This Annoyingly happened to me last year and they said they were going to fix the site, maybe not.
Interesting. I've been waiting for the 560s pads to come back in stock for a while as mine are over a year old at this point. Maybe I should contact them.

Jan 4, 2022 at 6:42 PM Post #8,020 of 9,628
Contact Sennheiser directly if the pads don’t show up on their website. I just did a search and could not find them anywhere outside of Europe..but they’re undoubtedly for sale in the US also:)
I always order directly from Sennheiser. The pads are never on sale anywhere and Sennheiser pays for shipment👍
I have contacted Sennheiser for sending me those new pads . The reply was that they can't choose the new pads specifically and it's a lottery until the old ones sold out.
This was for my Country, Europe Greece . So I don't know if they have different policy for US .

Jan 5, 2022 at 1:34 AM Post #8,021 of 9,628
^Bummer.
I have ordered pads from Sennheiser twice over the last 6 months or so and got the new pads on both of those occasions. I did not ask for them though.

Anyhoo, back to the 660. I recently sold mine because I thought it was crazy owning so many Sennheiser 6 series cans. Well now I know. I should never sell any of those cans as a) they sound phenomenal and b) they never break. By the time the Focals are creaking and croaking like an old boat (even the Utopia does this!) or the Audezes have lost all their screwes, Sennies will still be playing and looking fresh.
For build quality, comfort, longevity and sheer musical enjoyment, these headphones are incredibly hard to beat.
Fact of the matter is I had a listen to a 660 yesterday and have subsequently come to the conclusion that I really shouldn’t be without a pair😅

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2022 at 3:51 AM Post #8,022 of 9,628
^Bummer.
I have ordered pads from Sennheiser twice over the last 6 months or so and got the new pads on both of those occasions. I did not ask for them though.

Anyhoo, back to the 660. I recently sold mine because I thought it was crazy owning so many Sennheiser 6 series cans. Well now I know. I should never sell any of those cans as a) they sound phenomenal and b) they never break. By the time the Focals are creaking and croaking like an old boat (even the Utopia does this!) or the Audezes have lost all their screwes, Sennies will still be playing and looking fresh.
For build quality, comfort, longevity and sheer musical enjoyment, these headphones are incredibly hard to beat.
Fact of the matter is I had a listen to a 660 yesterday and have subsequently come to the conclusion that I really shouldn’t be without a pair😅
Very true the HD6 line build quality is amazing never had any problem with any of them ,I like that there are no screws and every part is easy to take off.
Honestly I was in your position and I thought I have to sell the 600 or 650 and keep the 660s but Everytime I put them back and listen music I change my mind all of them are so good . And even people that don't like this sound signature must admit that they are headphones that last forever ,easy to sell , light,comfy, and it's a good alternative to what they already like .
What I would like to see in future HD6 line is better plastic refinement on some edges that's all ,beven the stock cable for me is perfect.

Jan 6, 2022 at 8:35 AM Post #8,023 of 9,628
Very true the HD6 line build quality is amazing never had any problem with any of them ,I like that there are no screws and every part is easy to take off.
Honestly I was in your position and I thought I have to sell the 600 or 650 and keep the 660s but Everytime I put them back and listen music I change my mind all of them are so good . And even people that don't like this sound signature must admit that they are headphones that last forever ,easy to sell , light,comfy, and it's a good alternative to what they already like .
What I would like to see in future HD6 line is better plastic refinement on some edges that's all ,beven the stock cable for me is perfect.
I absolutely agree, all of the HD6-line have very good build quality and last a long time. Even better is that if something should break for some reason, spare parts are available to buy, directly from the manufacturer.

The pads are just about the only thing that doesn’t last, but I can live with that :)

Jan 13, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #8,024 of 9,628
I absolutely agree, all of the HD6-line have very good build quality and last a long time. Even better is that if something should break for some reason, spare parts are available to buy, directly from the manufacturer.

The pads are just about the only thing that doesn’t last, but I can live with that :)
Truth is that older pads do not last . But I use for almost 1 year the new pads and they got softer and make the sound a bit warmer but to me they don't need to be changed and I use them about 2 hours per day . So I guess something is changed on the foam.

Jan 14, 2022 at 3:54 PM Post #8,025 of 9,628
Truth is that older pads do not last . But I use for almost 1 year the new pads and they got softer and make the sound a bit warmer but to me they don't need to be changed and I use them about 2 hours per day . So I guess something is changed on the foam.
I haven’t tried the new pads yet, but it’s great if they’re longer lasting and still keeping the same sound signature as the old ones :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back