Sennheiser HD660S... Finally a successor for the HD650?
Jan 15, 2020 at 4:30 PM Post #5,371 of 9,628
Also, this should go without saying but human ears and brains are not in any way reliable measuring equipment, so someone thinking 2 pairs of 660s heard at different times sounded different is interesting but virtually meaningless information in the larger scheme of things.

Agreed, but carefully comparing two pairs side by side over a period of time isn’t meaningless.

Jan 15, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #5,372 of 9,628
Agreed, but carefully comparing two pairs side by side over a period of time isn’t meaningless.

Yes, a careful side-by-side comparison would be more useful

Jan 15, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #5,373 of 9,628
So we're talking minimal differences between between drivers, correct? I have to look at the date on mine now. If the difference is more substantial, I find that quite disappointing. I'm not willing to seek out 3 different pairs and compare, in order to figure out which I prefer best. At the same time, not knowing will drive me insane

Jan 15, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #5,374 of 9,628
So we're talking minimal differences between between drivers, correct? I have to look at the date on mine now. If the difference is more substantial, I find that quite disappointing. I'm not willing to seek out 3 different pairs and compare, in order to figure out which I prefer best. At the same time, not knowing will drive me insane

The notion that there was any revision at all on the drivers or quality issues with the drivers is entirely speculative, so I really wouldn't worry about it in the least. If your headphones sound good, you're good to go. The only known changes the 660s have gone through since release have been 100% cosmetic

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #5,375 of 9,628
I love comparing different pieces of gear but comparing multiple samples of the same component crosses a line that I’m not interested in crossing. There are obviously going to be sample to sample variations in everything produced. That’s just part of living in an imperfect world. IMHO just best to not worry about that.

Jan 15, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #5,376 of 9,628
The notion that there was any revision at all on the drivers or quality issues with the drivers is entirely speculative, so I really wouldn't worry about it in the least. If your headphones sound good, you're good to go. The only known changes the 660s have gone through since release have been 100% cosmetic
Right on. So you don't believe there's cause for concern regarding this? Why and where did the speculation come from. I thoroughly enjoy my pair, but can't help to wonder, considering all the chatter about it in this thread.

Jan 16, 2020 at 2:02 AM Post #5,377 of 9,628

Yes, minimal differences that most people wouldn’t notice even comparing two samples side by side.

Jan 16, 2020 at 2:06 AM Post #5,378 of 9,628

Totally correct about the speculation on a revision, and I don’t think anyone is suggesting that there are any quality issues, just normal (very small) sample variation.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 2:11 AM Post #5,379 of 9,628
I love comparing different pieces of gear but comparing multiple samples of the same component crosses a line that I’m not interested in crossing. There are obviously going to be sample to sample variations in everything produced. That’s just part of living in an imperfect world. IMHO just best to not worry about that.

Yes, I don’t recommend it! The sample variation is something which doesn’t bother me at all. A noticeable revision on the other hand would be something of interest (but still not a cause for concern if you like the particular headphone which you have!).

Jan 20, 2020 at 8:39 PM Post #5,381 of 9,628
hello everyone,

Please suggest IEM's which can be an in ear alternative to the Sennheiser 660s. (To use in my office). I really love the 660's sound quality.
and would prefer the same sound attributes.
I know i won't be able to find one :ksc75smile: as i am still a newbie and have limited exposure to head fi world.
Presently i'm using Apple earpods.
Thanks in advance.:beerchug:

Jan 21, 2020 at 4:33 AM Post #5,382 of 9,628
hello everyone,

Please suggest IEM's which can be an in ear alternative to the Sennheiser 660s. (To use in my office). I really love the 660's sound quality.
and would prefer the same sound attributes.
I know i won't be able to find one :ksc75smile: as i am still a newbie and have limited exposure to head fi world.
Presently i'm using Apple earpods.
Thanks in advance.:beerchug:

I also love 660S use them all the time , What in my opinion is closer to Price, Separation, Closed Vocals , Medium Soundstage, Not over bright , Not bass heavy , Are the Final Audio B2 to my ears .

https://snext-final.com/en/products/bseries/ , The B2 is what I tried and I liked more .

Jan 21, 2020 at 6:22 AM Post #5,385 of 9,628
B2 is more warm and analog sounding with smooth highs albeit rolled off.
B3 is the most tonally correct of the series and one of the best in the market.
Technically competent but lacking in ultimate detail and high frequency extension.
But that's good to my book because you get more natural presentation without serious peaks and listening fatigue.
Unfortunately my reviews can be read only at the printed edition of hxos plus magazine in Greek.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back