Sennheiser HD660S... Finally a successor for the HD650?
Jan 10, 2020 at 5:37 AM Post #5,299 of 9,628
20200109_124458.jpg
product_detail_x2_desktop_HD_660S_Sennheiser_01.jpg
I have a question for all Facelift owners on 660S , My 660S on the Grills they have a Sennheiser logo that its NOT transparent its just black … different from the box photos ???

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #5,303 of 9,628
Is it justified to have them both then? Especially, if you listen also a lot of house music? I would be grateful for your opinion.

Agree with @Ichos that its worth owning both but for me I'm waiting for the price to come down, may look at a used one.

Jan 10, 2020 at 12:50 PM Post #5,304 of 9,628
Agree with @Ichos that its worth owning both but for me I'm waiting for the price to come down, may look at a used one.
I did not buy one stock-b (made in Ireland) because I have not read @Ichos review that time, now I regret it. I did not buy one new from Romania before this Christmas at 320£ because I was impressed from the Elex sound demo in oluv's reviews. Now it is at 380£ so I will wait. I also regret not buying a new one made in Ireland at 350£ but at that time there was no way to guess that they will move production.

It is an upgrade in resolution and clarity I am after not an upgrade in frequency response.

When the price is right probably I will take one. actually is so beautiful headphone, the most beautiful in the 6xx series, I would like to have one even if it does not sound much better than 58X or 6XX.

Jan 10, 2020 at 1:09 PM Post #5,305 of 9,628
I did not buy one stock-b (made in Ireland) because I have not read @Ichos review that time, now I regret it. I did not buy one new from Romania before this Christmas at 320£ because I was impressed from the Elex sound demo in oluv's reviews. Now it is at 380£ so I will wait. I also regret not buying a new one made in Ireland at 350£ but at that time there was no way to guess that they will move production.

It is an upgrade in resolution and clarity I am after not an upgrade in frequency response.

When the price is right probably I will take one. actually is so beautiful headphone, the most beautiful in the 6xx series, I would like to have one even if it does not sound much better than 58X or 6XX.
The only reason for me not owning a HD660s is price these days. I live in Hawaii and Amazon or used are about my only options. I have a good friend who purchased the HD660s when they came out and have borrowed them a few times and while I like how they sound to me they are a bit over priced since I got my HD600 new for $218, HD650 new for $265, HD58X new for $150, and HD6XX for $200 so I'll wait until the HD660s is at $275-295 before I purchase one. Another reason I'm in no rush is that I've started to use my headphones less these days since I got some of my 2 channel speaker gear out of storage and enjoy them much more that listening to headphones and I really do have too many headphones (currently at 28) to begin with. Here's 2 old pictures that will show what I mean by too many headphones:
Table-Top-2.jpg

Table-Top-1.jpg
What's scary is that some headphones were missing from these two pictures: SR009 (being repaired, T1gen1 (son has it), THX00 (since sold), HD600 (since sold), HD58X (wasn't out yet), PS500e (since sold), second HD800 (since sold), Ypsilon R1.

Jan 10, 2020 at 3:06 PM Post #5,308 of 9,628
Wow that's a collection!
@rafaelo why not buy one from Thessaloniki?
Nakas price is the best in Europe at 370€ new!
This is a good price given the current FX rate, maybe I will do buy them this summer when I come.

I am not in hurry anyway, if my babies could sleep in time as supposed to and give me some free time to listen I could justify even buying the focals - not really...:)

Jan 10, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #5,309 of 9,628
Why are you concerned about that?
Nothing to do with the quality. I am proud owner of 3 Meze headphones designed in Romania.

But I associated the 6XX series with Ireland and these last ones can be considered as a collector's edition, is not that they will produced in Ireland ever again.

so I'll wait until the HD660s is at $275-295 before I purchase one.

Exactly! I completely agree, I was waiting for the same, maybe I waited too much they moved the factory in the meantime...haha

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2020 at 7:09 PM Post #5,310 of 9,628
I recently sold my Shure 1540 and HD58X and bought Beyerdynamuc Home Amiron to compliment my HD600. I have no regrets, the amrion is one of the best sounding hp I have, very balance and large soundstage. I also can't justify the current price of 660s and am afraid that the sq difference compared with hd600 is minimal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back