Sennheiser HD660S... Finally a successor for the HD650?
Aug 3, 2018 at 7:51 AM Post #3,631 of 9,626
Worked for me. I got pulse buy on this though I do not need it as I have 600/650. Probably will let go of my 650 once I received this.
Unfortunately, my purchased has been declined. Maybe because I use my card here in KZ where I am working and send it to my US courier company to ship in PH. Well, I am fine with it as this is a pulse buy for me anyway, I am happy with my 650/600. The only reason I want this is to pair it with my wm1a which probably not a good thing since beside of it being opened, too large compared with an iem. It is just hard to resist the price drop. :)

Aug 3, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #3,636 of 9,626
I believe the "BESTBUY60" code was really for BestBuy employees. Someone at Sennheiser messed up. Once they found the error they fixed it. I too ordered the 660S for $199 last night. Got the confirmation email. But will see if it ships.

Aug 7, 2018 at 12:14 AM Post #3,638 of 9,626
My order from the sennheiser deal is still up and hasn't been canceled yet. thoroughly expected it to be by now but who knows.

Aug 7, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #3,639 of 9,626
I just contacted Sennheiser and here what they replied.

Good Day Hung

In regards to your request, we would like to provide you with the following information:

If you used the Best Buy code it was not a public code, therefore we had to cancel it and won’t be accepting new orders. Refunds will be given in 3-5 business days.

If you are a Best Buy employee; we are reviewing how to go forward with this offer but have no further information at this time.

If none of the above pertains to you please call our service center for an efficient answer to your question. 877-736-6434

Aug 14, 2018 at 6:59 PM Post #3,642 of 9,626
After i read all the pages, yes took me several days to do it, i have some doublts about some things:

1- After some research, i will buy the HD 660 S...should my laptop with ess sabre capable to play without an amp or dac? The laptop is the MSI GT75 8RG, and have the Hi-res logo.

2- Its really true that after some time(a year?), the ear pads can change the sound of the headphones?

3-The versions of massdrop worth like the original version of sennheiser? Like HD 58x or HD 6xx vs HD 650 for example. Are better than the HD 660 s?

4-If sennheiser sell a version of Apogee on this version its because they believe on ess sabre solution right?

5- @Mike F , you already got a HD 660 S?

Aug 15, 2018 at 2:23 AM Post #3,644 of 9,626
I’m wondering whether to go for these or hd6xx. I’m a metal listener. Any suggestions?

Aug 15, 2018 at 3:10 AM Post #3,645 of 9,626
After i read all the pages, yes took me several days to do it, i have some doublts about some things:

1- After some research, i will buy the HD 660 S...should my laptop with ess sabre capable to play without an amp or dac? The laptop is the MSI GT75 8RG, and have the Hi-res logo.

2- Its really true that after some time(a year?), the ear pads can change the sound of the headphones?

3-The versions of massdrop worth like the original version of sennheiser? Like HD 58x or HD 6xx vs HD 650 for example. Are better than the HD 660 s?

4-If sennheiser sell a version of Apogee on this version its because they believe on ess sabre solution right?

5- @Mike F , you already got a HD 660 S?

1. I like the HD660S with a Galaxy S8 or iPhone 6S so I'd say that your laptop would drive them quite well.
2. Yes, the ear pads will alter the sound but its so gradual that you probably will not notice it.
3. Still waiting for my HD58X but I have a HD650 and HD6XX, HD6XX is a bargain but its a different sounding headphone from the HD660S and really needs an amp (prefer OTL amp like BH Crack) so better is subjective to the individual.
4. I've never used the Apogee but I wouldn't take the fact that Sennheiser pairs it with the HD660S as belief in the pairing since we all hear differently.
5. hope Mike F chimes in here to answer your question.

I’m wondering whether to go for these or hd6xx. I’m a metal listener. Any suggestions?
While I don't listen to metal much I wouldn't reach for my HD6XX or even the HD660S when I was borrowing them from a friend when listening to metal. I'd more than likely reach for my HD700, HD800, HE400i/560 or Stax SRD-34. To me the HD6 series is a bit too smooth for metal but to you they may be perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back