1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser HD660S... Finally a successor for the HD650?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by Levanter, Oct 8, 2017.
First

Back
329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338
340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349
Next

Last
  1. CaptainFantastic
    May I ask from where? Best I see is 419 on Thomann.

2. Headstar
    Yes. AV Store (Bucharest, Romania).

3. CaptainFantastic
    That's a really good price. At 313 euro it is even cheaper than the cheapest older model 660S, which was selling for about 365 euro this summer. I called them and they don't ship outside of Romania unfortunately.

4. showme99
    It's not just you :wink:. The squared-off, boxy look of the new model just doesn't do it for me. I prefer the smoother, more rounded contours of the original model. The original version just looks sleeker and more "aerodynamic" (for lack of a better term).

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    Mike F likes this.
  5. Shareknow
    Thanks buddy, for your soo +ve views, just ordered one for me. Too excited

equalspeace likes this.
  6. Shareknow
    Hello dear
    Which sony DAP are you using as source in the picture above.

Going by the looks, doesn't looks like it has a powerful amplifier inside, I am amazed u are still able to enjoy 660S with it. Now i think we unnecessarily spend too much on DAP's.

7. nocturaline
    It's the ZX300. I'm on the 4.4mm balanced output on high gain. I generally listen between 65 and 70 out of 120 (max on the Sony). the ZX300, which doesn't have much power compared to other DAPs, drives the HD660S masterfully. In terms of power output, it does it as well as when driving my Empire Ears Bravado IEMs. And I prefer the sound of the Sennheiser by a mile, as it has a more civilized (some say neutral :D) sound compared to the Empire Ears–they're certainly more fun, but also slightly fatiguing.

Shareknow likes this.
  8. Shareknow
    If u can elaborate a bit more for the novices like me, it will be quite helpful.
    Thanks

9. Ichos
    The HD660S can be easily be considered end game headphones for a lot of people out there that they don't have to sell a kidney to buy a decent TOTL headphone.

They are very competent from a technical point of view , the tonality is done right amongst the best out there , they can be used from decent portable devices and they scale quite well if you have something better but no need to go for exotic gear to make this sound good.
    Build quality is excellent , cables included , comfort is top notch.

Well at an average price of 380€ I believe that this is the high end bargain of the century.
    So simple.

Deftone, Headstar and Shareknow like this.
  10. Deftone
    660S is my endgame and I'm focusing on my other hobbies now.

1TrickPony, equalspeace, Lay. and 3 others like this.
  11. Ichos
    I have been light hearted....and unfaithful...
    Been tempted by the devil itself....

I found a very good deal on Focal Clear's pro and I ordered a pair to compare.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  12. GearMe
    Interesting that you own the HD800S and say this about the 660S. I owned the HD800 and eventually found that I listened to my HD650 and 600 more. I attributed this to the 800's treble spike.

Any chance you had the HD800 before the 800S? If so, I'd be curious to hear your impressions especially in light of you liking the 660S more. They'll probably save me from purchasing the 800S! :wink:

Looking forward to your thoughts! :)

Shareknow and Ichos like this.
  13. Ichos
    May I chime in as an x-owner of both 800 and 800S.

Despite the technical superiority of the 800S and it's life like dynamics and great soundstage I ended preferring the 660S because of it's better more natural tonality.
    Simply put it instruments timbre and tone are better defined more close to the real thing or if you prefer to a good speaker in a well dampened room.
    So the HD660S is more enjoyable on the long run just sounding spot on.

Got tired of exploring gear and paying a lot to fix the HD800S obvious flaw's to learn at the end that well guess , can't be fixed.

The same fate is awaiting the Clear if they don't sound tonally correct right of the bat.

Shareknow, donlin and GearMe like this.
  14. GearMe
    Makes sense...
    I'm not really one for doing mods so will probably pass on the 800S.

15. Ichos
    It's a great headphone don't get me wrong but I have learned on the long run to appreciate more tonality and timbre over excess technical superiority , abysmal detail and huge soundstage.

1TrickPony, donlin and GearMe like this.
First

Back
329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338
340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349
Next

Last