1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sennheiser HD660S... Finally a successor for the HD650?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by Levanter, Oct 8, 2017.
First

Back
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Next

Last
  1. Tuneslover
    They are the "father" of open back headphones after all.

2. mrip541
    Shut up and take my money.

vrln and BobG55 like this.
  3. Giraku
    For closed back HPs, I recommend trying Ultrasone HPs.

4. LaCuffia
    I second the Ultrasone for closed back....I have the Signature Studio now and the clarity and spaciousness of the sound is amazing. I guess you can attribute it to the S Logic driver design they use. It doesn't sound closed at all. It's not as comfortable as the HD650 though. I haven't tried other Ultrasone models but the Edition models, while more expensive, might offer improvements in comfort.

5. Asian8640
    I have to say, I'm really happy about the upgraded driver. My HD 600's were one of the most comfortable headphones I ever owned, but the lack of a direct upgrade/update after almost 20 years made me kind of sad. However it seems like they haven't incorporated the angled drivers found in their newer lines. The angled drivers all seemed to help with center imaging and imaging in general. They also gave more space for those who had ears which flared away from their head more. I had really hoped for the angled drivers, but I guess this was the cheaper way to make an upgrade with the least re-tooling.

6. Giraku
    For comfortable and relaxed listening, I recommend Ultrasone Edition 5 Unlimited. Sometimes you can find it at a relatively reasonable price for Ultrasone (still very expensive though).

7. pietcux
    They actually have my money already. They only need to ship. Called them today. The guy said, oops, they did not ship, sorry!

8. god-bluff
    Sennheiser made an 'audiophile closed headphone' for many years. It was so good (HD540/560/580/600 standard at least) that it was put back in production by demand a decade or so ago.

The headphones was called the HD250, later HD250 II. It really should be re released for the third time by Sennheiser. Otherwise try a ((((beyer DT150 if you want a headphone in a similar class.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    Malfunkt and Monsterzero like this.
  9. endgame
    I’ve never heard anyone describe an Ultrasone as relaxed and comfortable listening. I’ve always heard they have terribly harsh treble.

JoePR31, DecentLevi and Schwibbles like this.
  10. god-bluff
    I assume the HD660 will make the Focal Elear, the beyer Amiron, and all those other over priced 'improved' HD650s obsolete ?!?!

Here's hoping it will bring some sanity to the market :grin:

equalspeace and banco-sg like this.
  11. Giraku
    Not on Edition 5, Jubilee 25, and Tribute 7.

12. BobG55
    :laughing:

13. dasmodul
    Jude, as a current owner and fan of the HD650, I have custom cables (balanced and what not) for my HD650. Will these work on the HD660 or did they change the plugs? :grimacing:

14. jude Administrator
    @dasmodul, it's the same plug/jack configuration, so your custom cables should work just fine on the HD660S.

PATB likes this.
  15. dasmodul
    Awesome! Glad to hear.

First

Back
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Next

Last