Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Jul 7, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #34,576 of 46,499
Just posted a new review of the HD650:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/sennheiser-hd-650-headphones/reviews/13551

Jul 8, 2016 at 3:49 AM Post #34,578 of 46,499
What a nice track. Sounds great even on a Sony V6. Think I'll look for the album ......

Thanks.

Aha .... Found it. Electronica 1 and Electronica 2.

There's a song on Electronica 2 which is a collaboration with Gary Numan. Outstanding!

Jul 8, 2016 at 3:50 AM Post #34,579 of 46,499
It does fit. It is tight but it goes. Grab the bottom half of the pooper with your finger and the top half with your thumb and squeeze them together. The material stretches and once you get all the poppers dos. Up, it all evens up and is on solid.

Mine looks exactly like that pic. It's a tight fit but it does go. I'd rather have it tight than loose as well.

Ouch!
eek.gif

Jul 8, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #34,580 of 46,499
:o2smile:

Blasted Spill Chooker .........

The IPad is a pain in the irruss.

I found Elctronica 1 and 2. Nice albums. I've always avoided Jean Michelle Jarre so have never been that aware of his albums.

I hate to say it, but I have found his past albums a bit lack lustre but those two are really nice.

Jul 8, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #34,582 of 46,499
o2smile.gif

Blasted Spill Chooker .........

The IPad is a pain in the irruss.

I found Elctronica 1 and 2. Nice albums. I've always avoided Jean Michelle Jarre so have never been that aware of his albums.

I hate to say it, but I have found his past albums a bit lack lustre but those two are really nice.

I agree regarding Jean-Michel Jarre. Apart from Oxygene & Equinoxe which came out when I was still at school he's kinda left me cold too. Zoolook is a good album though with amazingly good production.

"Here For You"?

That's the one, excellent anthemic tune. Turn it up!

Jul 9, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #34,583 of 46,499
Saving up for a tube amp at least little dot mkIII for my hd650 before reserving judgement They do need high voltage right ? will always sound a bit thin on mid to low end solid states ?

No matter what people say they need a voltage only tube amps can supply ?

Jul 9, 2016 at 1:42 AM Post #34,584 of 46,499
I'm not so sure of that TBH, but higher impedance headphones need more voltage than current to drive them.

The Senn hd650 isn't overly hard to drive really. I've even used a Topping nx3 with it. Also works well from an Aune amp but having had a Little a Dot II years ago, that did make it sound good.

Tube amps tends to sound more weighty in the bass due to a big collection of harmonics in the sound. Often referred to as a 'tubey' sound, which ss don't do. However, ss amps don't sound that 'thin' to me.

Jul 9, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #34,586 of 46,499
  Saving up for a tube amp at least little dot mkIII for my hd650 before reserving judgement They do need high voltage right ? will always sound a bit thin on mid to low end solid states ?

No matter what people say they need a voltage only tube amps can supply ?

I don't think all mid to low end SS will sound thin, it will also depend on the DAC and SS amp it self.  The Gustard H-10 is a warmer sounding amp IMO and does quite well with HD-650 and HE-560.

There are SS amps that can put out more voltage than some tube amps so need to look at the specs.

Jul 9, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #34,587 of 46,499
  I don't think all mid to low end SS will sound thin, it will also depend on the DAC and SS amp it self.  The Gustard H-10 is a warmer sounding amp IMO and does quite well with HD-650 and HE-560.

There are SS amps that can put out more voltage than some tube amps so need to look at the specs.

Much agreed.  The NuForce HA-200 being one of the inexpensive SS that sound great with the HD650's.

Mike

Jul 9, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #34,588 of 46,499
The O2 can't drive them well at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back