Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Jul 25, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #18,453 of 46,499
just buy a 20$(shouldn't ruin you) hifimediy dac and whatever amp you like. so you can try and see how much of a difference a dac can do and if you need one(maybe you love the sound from your headphone out and would be bumed out by a flat sound?).
some sound cards are good some are crap so you better try yourself. theory would push toward a dac to avoid double amping, but if you like the sound who cares?

Jul 25, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #18,454 of 46,499

1. I like the Vali synergy with the HD650
2. Modi is better than most of the onboard sound cards and having a good DAC is important to me. 

Plus it will eliminate any noise induced by your PC components, since it is completely external.

Don't hear any noise and I use a soundcard at the moment. 

just buy a 20$(shouldn't ruin you) hifimediy dac and whatever amp you like. so you can try and see how much of a difference a dac can do and if you need one(maybe you love the sound from your headphone out and would be bumed out by a flat sound?).
some sound cards are good some are crap so you better try yourself. theory would push toward a dac to avoid double amping, but if you like the sound who cares?

I have a sound card but I want to get rid of it since I only have one PCI-E slot usable since my graphics card covers one. I want to move my computer into another room and a wifi card is more convenient. 

Jul 25, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #18,456 of 46,499
Or buy an ODAC/O2 and listen to your headphones instead.

Currently listing to Green Day - American Idiot.

Jul 25, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #18,457 of 46,499
Shoulda' had some smiley **** in there :)

Jul 25, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #18,458 of 46,499
Jul 26, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #18,460 of 46,499
There's nothing wrong with Schiit.

Jul 26, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #18,462 of 46,499
this post goes nicely with your signature :D

not sure there will be audible difference between both. I have some kind of unfair bias against schiit because of headfi talking too much about them(yeah basic anti spam reaction). when too much is done to tell us how great the products and how nice the company people are(even though some products didn't make sense to me at all with old tech, no negative feedback...), I end up not knowing if the other stuff actually are great or if people just followed the half hidden marketing done in here.

So, successful marketing triggers your bias... To each his own, IMO, with the propensity for subpar equipment being thrashed on HeadFi, Schiit's continued success, stellar reputation, is pretty indicative that they build great products.

Jul 26, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #18,463 of 46,499

this post goes nicely with your signature
biggrin.gif

not sure there will be audible difference between both. I have some kind of unfair bias against schiit because of headfi talking too much about them(yeah basic anti spam reaction). when too much is done to tell us how great the products and how nice the company people are(even though some products didn't make sense to me at all with old tech, no negative feedback...), I end up not knowing if the other stuff actually are great or if people just followed the half hidden marketing done in here.

+1 on all accounts.
biggrin.gif

Do you remember which Schitt amp had that headphone damaging turn on/off thump that was posted about and vido'ed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back