Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Dec 28, 2017 at 6:10 PM Post #40,441 of 46,514
It’s easy to remove the ring from the stock ones? They will end to be damaged?

If it’s a complicated work I will stick to the cheaper proteine leather otherwise I will get the Brainwavz.

Dec 28, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #40,442 of 46,514
It’s easy to remove the ring from the stock ones? They will end to be damaged?

If it’s a complicated work I will stick to the cheaper proteine leather otherwise I will get the Brainwavz.
They will be permanently damaged for sure. However, it's really simple, especially for aftermarket cheap pads. The ones linked below aren't even glued on, just molded over the ring. All I had to do was cut the thin plastic wrapped around the thicker plastic of the ring and they were ready to go.

Replacement pads

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #40,443 of 46,514
They will be permanently damaged for sure. However, it's really simple, especially for aftermarket cheap pads. The ones linked below aren't even glued on, just molded over the ring. All I had to do was cut the thin plastic wrapped around the thicker plastic of the ring and they were ready to go.

Replacement pads

I am very not used to do this kind of works (don't have the right manuality/patience), but I will try.

Before to buy the leather ones and the cheaper ones, what do you think about the earpads of proteine leather that I linked to you? If I am not wrong, I had the Nighthawks Carbon and their stock earpads was just proteine leather too.

If you advice that they are too cheap and not good I will go for the leather yet.

Dec 29, 2017 at 7:16 AM Post #40,444 of 46,514
I am very not used to do this kind of works (don't have the right manuality/patience), but I will try.

Before to buy the leather ones and the cheaper ones, what do you think about the earpads of proteine leather that I linked to you? If I am not wrong, I had the Nighthawks Carbon and their stock earpads was just proteine leather too.

If you advice that they are too cheap and not good I will go for the leather yet.

I don't have any experience with those exact pads but the cheaper protein leather pads fall apart pretty quick. If you want something that will last for years I would get real leather. The nighthawk pleather pads I'm sure are great quality, but they are not cheap.

Dec 29, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #40,445 of 46,514
I own AKG K812, Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7, Shure SRH1540, Sennheiser HD650, and Audioquest Nighthawks. The Nighthawks are the absolute best sounding headphones on my Lotoo Paw Gold Diana...in fairness, the Sennheiser HD650s are not burned in yet.
The new HD660S is a much better pairing with portable devices as your HD650. I run it out of the NW1A with the supplied 4.4mm balanced cable.

Dec 29, 2017 at 7:46 AM Post #40,446 of 46,514
The new HD660S is a much better pairing with portable devices as your HD650. I run it out of the NW1A with the supplied 4.4mm balanced cable.

I will try them someday. The HD650 is a really good pair with the Paw Gold Diana.

Dec 29, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #40,447 of 46,514
Does somebody knows if washing the stock earpads is safe or if they will damage?

If so, does somebody tried it or tell me how to wash them? I am allergic to them but I want to give another chance after washing them.

Dec 29, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #40,448 of 46,514
Does somebody knows if washing the stock earpads is safe or if they will damage?

If so, does somebody tried it or tell me how to wash them? I am allergic to them but I want to give another chance after washing them.
I once got a used HD700. The guy I got it from was a smoker. I put them inside a net and washed them together with other textiles in a normal washing machine. Just take them out before spinning. Plus only use hand worm water.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #40,450 of 46,514
Sorry for the question, could you describe this net? In don’t wanna ruin that.
This sounds like a "delicates bag," like one would wash a bra in. Most stores that sell laundry products would have this.

Dec 29, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #40,451 of 46,514
15145593321861146042668.jpg

Sorry for the question, could you describe this net? In don’t wanna ruin that.
Something like this should be available in your local store. It is usefully to wash small things inside the normal textiles without losing it.

Dec 29, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #40,453 of 46,514
This sounds like a "delicates bag," like one would wash a bra in. Most stores that sell laundry products would have this.

Something like this should be available in your local store. It is usefully to wash small things inside the normal textiles without losing it.

You ALL were very helpful. I just bought that "net" and just put the stock earpads into the washing machine.

If the result will be that they won't make my skin "red" (I am allergic to them, weirdly), I will stick with them, otherwise, I will probably order the @jarnopp pads because they are "ready" for use, directly.

Dec 30, 2017 at 4:13 AM Post #40,454 of 46,514
What’s the name of the soft clotch base that is between the pad and the earpad?

When I removed the earpad I notice that this “base” has some cuts So I want to change it.

I can find it in some shop for buy?

Also, where I can find the shorter cable that can be found on the HD6xx version, that is shorter and also ends with the 3,5mm? It’s on sell? Or there is another similar cable (shorter than original and 3,5 ending) that won’t lose quality from the original?

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2017 at 4:59 AM Post #40,455 of 46,514
What’s the name of the soft clotch base that is between the pad and the earpad?

When I removed the earpad I notice that this “base” has some cuts So I want to change it.

I can find it in some shop for buy?

Also, where I can find the shorter cable that can be found on the HD6xx version, that is shorter and also ends with the 3,5mm? It’s on sell? Or there is another similar cable (shorter than original and 3,5 ending) that won’t lose quality from the original?

Here you can get exactly the configuration that you need for very good prices:

https://www.veclan.com/engappliance_sel_one?eng_ApplianceVo.eac_id=16

Users who are viewing this thread

Back