Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by tangsta, Sep 24, 2006.
  1. peter123
    Here you can get exactly the configuration that you need for very good prices:

https://www.veclan.com/engappliance_sel_one?eng_ApplianceVo.eac_id=16

RiseFall123 likes this.
  2. RiseFall123
  3. Quadfather
    I am burning in my Sennheiser hd650 headphones on Lotoo Paw Gold Diana. These headphones are sounding better every day as they burn in.

RiseFall123 likes this.
  4. Quadfather
    So, my Sennheiser HD 650 headphones decide to start opening up on Black Sabbath's first album. NIB. The sound is getting wider and deeper.

jmac1516 likes this.
  5. Quadfather
    Lotoo Paw Gold Diana can Drive the Sennheiser HD650 Headphones to painfully loud levels.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  6. Krutsch
    +1 ... I just received my replacement pads today. What a difference in comfort. The sound has changed, as well. Still trying to characterize the sound, but less dark for sure.

hikaru12 likes this.
  7. Krutsch
    f
    Man, I'm sold. Where can I buy one of these Lotoo Paw Lucky Goldstar Princess Diana thingies?

8. Quadfather

https://store.theevolutionofsound.c...iana-edition-high-power-portable-music-player

At least that is who I bought mine from. My hd650 aren't fully burned in yet but they're starting to open up nicely. It is by far the most powerful digital audio player on the market, but it's far from cheap. I would try to get a Diana model on the forums for sale in headfi. I also want to try bottlehead crack amplifier with the 1.1 speedball modification. The Paw Gold has me asking, "what veil?"

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  9. Krutsch
    :nerd:

10. hikaru12
    I know people to say to pair warm cans with more analytical source or tubes but I'm actually enjoying some Orange Globes and JJ's quite a bit with the 650s. The sound is softer but the mid range forwardness is brought back a bit, smoothed out, all the sharp edges in the music are gone with better improved bass. Might have to think about going balanced with a Mjolnir next.

11. Krutsch
    Not me... warm cans with warm tubes is pure magic.

hikaru12 likes this.
  12. hikaru12
    Very easy for that to get muddy but I guess it all depends on the right tubes. Some MiniWatts and Siemens are next up for me :) I also just ordered an Atticus so curious to compare it with the 650s. I've heard them described as the natural upgrade for them in which case I'll probably use the 650s as my secondary setup.

13. DJtheAudiophile
    How are the pan ams with the HD 650? Do they pair well? Can anyone speak on ALO Audo green line cable for the HD 650?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  14. DJtheAudiophile
    Could anyone help?

15. DavidA
    Surprised that no one has replied to your post above. I don't know anyone who has a ALO Pan Am and I'd pass on the cable since I haven't heard any headphone cable making a difference that I could detect.