Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Aug 11, 2015 at 2:55 PM Post #27,916 of 46,525

+1. heh. Brightston Bryston gear is never edgy.... 
biggrin.gif

Was waiting for your response on my "S.E.X trumps BHA-1 in SE" comment above lol. The wife now truly believes me insane with this hobby. Taking a literal read she at least agrees with that little tidbit 
wink.gif

No way mate. I hate all these *$^<*£@{*

bigsmile_face.gif

You're a classic, mate 
biggrin.gif

Aug 11, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #27,917 of 46,525
I should add, about the language thing. It can also happen between native English speakers too. Sometimes the way North Americans speak to each other can leave me shaking my head & I'd guess it goes the other way too. Where I live we tend to be a lot coarser when talking amongst ourselves and I sometimes forget where I am. However, I'd consider it a sad day when we dumb down our natural patter.

What never fails to impress me though is the level of fluence expressed in english by those who don't have it as a native language. Kudos to all of you who are forced to participate in a language that's not your own. You put most of us to shame.

beerchug.gif

Aug 11, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #27,919 of 46,525
  I should add, about the language thing. It can also happen between native English speakers too. Sometimes the way North Americans speak to each other can leave me shaking my head & I'd guess it goes the other way too. Where I live we tend to be a lot coarser when talking amongst ourselves and I sometimes forget where I am. However, I'd consider it a sad day when we dumb down our natural patter.

What never fails to impress me though is the level of fluence expressed in english by those who don't have it as a native language. Kudos to all of you who are forced to participate in a language that's not your own. You put most of us to shame.

beerchug.gif

I've never had to teach or converse in a foreign language, can't imagine it, so I too say hats off to those who are forced to comm in English, written and spoken.
beerchug.gif

No kidding guys - I see people on here apologizing for their English when they shame many who come out of school these days... in grammar and grasp of the vocabulary. Colour me impressed.

Aug 11, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #27,920 of 46,525
English is my first language but I'm able to speak some Japanese and Korean.  I learned to speak, read and write Japanese Hiragana and Katakana when I was in elementary and intermediate school and my grandmother couldn't speak English so most of my family can speak Japanese.  With a few of my old girlfriends and current girlfriend being Korean I can speak a little and am trying to learn the reading and writing part.

Like most of you I'm really impressed at those who can speak more than one language and can get on these threads and converse quite well.

Aug 11, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #27,921 of 46,525
A few days in and i'm left wondering why i ever sold these things in the first place, I'll buy other headphones but these guys are never leaving my roster ever again

Aug 11, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #27,922 of 46,525
  English is my first language but I'm able to speak some Japanese and Korean.  I learned to speak, read and write Japanese Hiragana and Katakana when I was in elementary and intermediate school and my grandmother couldn't speak English so most of my family can speak Japanese.  With a few of my old girlfriends and current girlfriend being Korean I can speak a little and am trying to learn the reading and writing part.

Like most of you I'm really impressed at those who can speak more than one language and can get on these threads and converse quite well.

I can order beer anywhere in the world, sometimes without opening my mouth.

Aug 11, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #27,923 of 46,525

I can order beer anywhere in the world, sometimes without opening my mouth.

Ha ha....yeah, me too!

Aug 11, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #27,926 of 46,525
  Even in Paris? I had a lot of difficulty there.

LOL. I know what you mean. Cafe au Lait et croissants.  La biere est inhabituelle.

Except here, of course: (located at 25 Quai des Grands Augustins, right near Notre Dame)

Aug 12, 2015 at 12:36 AM Post #27,928 of 46,525
You guys are lucky to be born with the most spoken language in the world !
No big need to learn something else. 
cool.gif

But always good to learn other languages. Head-fi is being part of my training with english recently
biggrin.gif
 Thanks to all native speakers here. 
Other training is listening to more audiophile music, the HD 650 with its mids is able to clear up the lyrics very well.
You can get some suprises when you finally understand that song that you liked when you where not able to understand english.
But sometimes you are like 
blink.gif
confused_face_2.gif
 with some hip hop and rnb songs. xD

Aug 12, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #27,929 of 46,525
But sometimes you are like 
blink.gif
confused_face_2.gif
 with some hip hop and rnb songs. xD

+1, even if English is my first language.

Of all the music genres rap and most hip-hop is not on my listening list.  I like the HD-650 for female vocals, R&B, Jpop, Kpop and Pop.

Aug 12, 2015 at 1:08 AM Post #27,930 of 46,525
  +1, even if English is my first language.

Of all the music genres rap and most hip-hop is not on my listening list.  I like the HD-650 for female vocals, R&B, Jpop, Kpop and Pop.

+1 The HD 650 sounds very good on RnB, especially the late 90s and early 00s tipe. Hip Hop i listen mostly 90s type and some 00s. Today you have to dig more underground to find some old school stuff. Overall for songs with vocals the senns are magic. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back