Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
Jun 6, 2014 at 1:37 AM Post #17,911 of 46,533
Yeah, just wait.  I picked up a pair for right around there two weeks ago.  When I went back right after, the deal was gone.  It'll come back down again soon.  Good luck!  
regular_smile .gif

Jun 6, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #17,914 of 46,533
I secretly want these to be better than my HE500, but I also want them for my new office setup (Vali/Modi?)... Can't lug the 30lb LaFigaro to work! 1st world problems, right?

Vali/Modi is a nice sounding little setup for 650's.

Jun 6, 2014 at 3:50 AM Post #17,915 of 46,533
Recommend me some sound cards that will be good for the senns! Im thinking about the creative sb Z, Another question is dose the hd650 have good bass impact? Im not looking for extreme bass but I dont want bose qc 15 bass wich sucks!!!

Jun 6, 2014 at 5:57 AM Post #17,916 of 46,533
  Recommend me some sound cards that will be good for the senns! Im thinking about the creative sb Z, Another question is dose the hd650 have good bass impact? Im not looking for extreme bass but I dont want bose qc 15 bass wich sucks!!!

If it is a soundcard you want...do yourself a favor and get an Asus Essense STX....there were so used ones in the B/S/T forums for a nice price

Jun 6, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #17,921 of 46,533
+2 on sound card choice but unless you playing games get external dac and/or amp

I concur. Sound cards had sense in the days of hardware mixing/surround sound processing. Nowadays, all modern game engines do that in software.
Just get the external DAC, expensive sound card is not worth it, IMO, with all the trade-offs (like higher noise and having to mess with the drivers).

Unless you need a professional audio interface, which is another story altogether.

Jun 6, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #17,922 of 46,533
Your in Pittsburgh, I have some pads if they do not come clean that are in decent shape, If you want them you can have them I can send them right over to you.. I change them out pretty often, I am strange like that.
wink.gif

Thanks! But I was able to clean them with scented soap. Of all the headphones I've owned, these are now the best smelling!

Jun 6, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #17,925 of 46,533
  Well Amazon is saying they have these at $409. Go to checkout: no longer available. Tried it a couple times over 30mins, same thing. Frustrating. Oh well, will keep waiting.

Try buying them at 2am - seriously, I've found that floating prices will dip/be available early in the AM, when fewer are shopping.  I've scored some great deals by placing something on my wish list, checking it frequently late at night / early in the AM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back