Sennheiser HD650 & Massdrop HD6XX Impressions Thread
May 28, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #17,611 of 46,514
My Schiit is here!!!!

I am letting everything burn in before serious listening, though the Valhalla sounds great, right out of the box, more to come! Music requests are now being accepted :sunglasses:.

I have nothing against you man, but I cringed really hard when I saw your 650 laying like that. I'm fairly certain that the paint and shiny coat that the 650 has will eventually get noticeably damaged due to the slight scratches (even micro ones) created by treating a headphone that way. It's actually kind of a nightmare for me to just look at those two pictures. Holy crap.

It's like having a Ferrari and scratching it every time you get it to the garage.
Shivers.

May 28, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #17,612 of 46,514
I have nothing against you man, but I cringed really hard when I saw your 650 laying like that. I'm fairly certain that the paint and shiny coat that the 650 has will eventually get noticeably damaged due to the slight scratches (even micro ones) created by treating a headphone that way. It's actually kind of a nightmare for me to just look at those two pictures. Holy crap.

It's like having a Ferrari and scratching it every time you get it to the garage.
Shivers.

Sorry to upset you, I can assure that no 650's were harmed during the photography shoot, :wink:. They were just posing for the picture, they are normally stored lovingly and safely when not upon my head. Though I will order a proper headphone stand ASAP, and update the pics when it arrives. Yes, that was holy Schiit in the pics.

May 28, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #17,613 of 46,514
Sorry to upset you, I can assure that no 650's were harmed during the photography shoot, :wink:. They were just posing for the picture, they are normally stored lovingly and safely when not upon my head. Though I will order a proper headphone stand ASAP, and update the pics when it arrives. Yes, that was holy Schiit in the pics.

I'm very glad to hear that. That pose location was horrible, by the way, LOL.
Just my opinion, though.

May 28, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #17,614 of 46,514
So glad I did grab my HD650s on the Memorial Day weekend for $419, they're back to $499 now.

May 28, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #17,616 of 46,514
May 28, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #17,617 of 46,514
I'm very glad to hear that. That pose location was horrible, by the way, LOL.
Just my opinion, though.

Your opinion was duly noted and I ordered a Sennheiser Stand from Amazon, it is on the way, I am a Newbie, so I appreciate any advice received.

May 28, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #17,618 of 46,514
Your opinion was duly noted and I ordered a Sennheiser Stand from Amazon, it is on the way, I am a Newbie, so I appreciate any advice received.

I would like to have a stand, but I don't have a dedicated space.  I can only imagine my 3 year old standing on it.  I doubt it would survive.  So for now they get stored in a drawer when not in use.  I did find a nice case that fits like a glove on Amazon, so they are well protected.

May 28, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #17,619 of 46,514

I also highly recommend Sennheiser HH 10 Headphone Holder if you ever need something discreet. Cheap and works great with HD600s.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/622427-REG/Sennheiser_510615_HH_10_Headphone_Holder.html

May 28, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #17,620 of 46,514

I also highly recommend Sennheiser HH 10 Headphone Holder if you ever need something discreet. Cheap and works great with HD600s.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/622427-REG/Sennheiser_510615_HH_10_Headphone_Holder.html

The paint on the HD 600 is amazing. Beautiful texture.

May 28, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #17,621 of 46,514
They're here! 
bigsmile_face.gif

May 28, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #17,622 of 46,514

My Schiit is here!!!!

I am letting everything burn in before serious listening, though the Valhalla sounds great, right out of the box, more to come! Music requests are now being accepted :sunglasses:.

Shivers.

Suncatcher is an activist of some headphone welfare organisation. probably a member of PeTH "people for the ethical treatment of headphones. he will come to your house and break a window to free this poor suffering hd650. ^_^

most of my audio gears are badly mistreated. I tend to use them as tools and nothing else, not breaking too fast when abused is part of the reason I buy them. I wouldn't go and throw my h650 on the floor, because that would just be plain stupid, but I'm certainly not holding it as if it was a precious child.
I see concerned people checking my feedback number right now
wink_face.gif
. don't worry I'm not selling much stuff(as I break them before). my hd650 will die in my arms (or on my floor...). I'm never letting go of it(except maybe when I will drop it on the floor). ahahahah, sorry suncatcher but that was just too tempting.

May 28, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #17,623 of 46,514
My 650's are far easier to listen to than my Q701's. So much so the Q's are back in their box and looking for a new home. There's no real difference in detail retrieval but the delivery is much smoother and far less fatiguing.

And Coldplay are mince, imo.

I had Q701s (I bought them without trying due to their very positive reviews - biggest audio mistake I've ever made) but sold them. They are, to my ears, terrible headphones. Very harsh and thin sounding. It sounds detailed due to it's bright nature but it's false detail, not true , honest detail like the HD800s. I now have HD 650s, and I love them. They sound amazing, they can bring out details without hurting ears, are very musical and fun. I listen to them with Meridian Explorer, hoping to upgrade to Chord Hugo soon. I also like Meridian Prime but it doesn't play DSD, so it's not as future-proof.

May 28, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #17,624 of 46,514
Sometimes people confuse detail with high frequency shrill, IMO.

May 28, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #17,625 of 46,514
They're here! :bigsmile_face:

Congrats!
After months of trying to resist the urge to buy them, I ordered them yesterday and just got mine in today as well. I'll let them burn in for tonight and tomorrow, so I can enjoy them during the weekend. :)

The Head-Fi members that welcomed me on the forum weren't kidding when they said "Sorry for your wallet".:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back