Sennheiser HD650 AMP
Apr 20, 2011 at 1:44 AM Post #31 of 38
dont waste your money on the HD650s if you aren't going to get a decent amp/dac to make them sing. I used them with a Matrix Mini-I which is a DAC with an integrated AMP and it sounded "decent" and it'll set you back around $300. However you'll need to spend a little more money than that if you want the best out of the HD650s.

Otherwise, get some Audio Technica ATH-M50s, i hear those sound good out of mostly anything.

Apr 20, 2011 at 2:32 AM Post #32 of 38
Why did this 6 month old thread just get resurrected?

Apr 20, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #34 of 38
HD650 : Definitely would like to drive these with an amp that has some voltage swing.
M50 : Yeah, they quite efficient and don't require much in terms of an amp... too bad they sound like crap.

Quote:
dont waste your money on the HD650s if you aren't going to get a decent amp/dac to make them sing. I used them with a Matrix Mini-I which is a DAC with an integrated AMP and it sounded "decent" and it'll set you back around $300. However you'll need to spend a little more money than that if you want the best out of the HD650s.

Otherwise, get some Audio Technica ATH-M50s, i hear those sound good out of mostly anything.

Apr 21, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #35 of 38

Quote:

I make your words mine also. A nice amp for the 650's can be found around $600 (maybe a lil more) BUT you get the most of them. 

May 10, 2011 at 9:06 PM Post #36 of 38
i'm gonna bump this cause I just bought a used KICAS and I'm now looking into getting the HD650's, but I'm not sure if this amp is powerful enough to drive these phones. Can anyone comment on this? I know the HD650s won't sound their *best* with the KICAS but will it provide a decent amount of hifi enjoyment? I'd likely upgrade my amp eventually, but in the meantime would the KICAS do a decent job? Thanks!

May 11, 2011 at 5:54 AM Post #38 of 38
Burson HA160 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back